PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis calls Randy Moss a slouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revis respects Ocho, calling him a competitor, but who had more receptions over 2 games? Moss had 9, Ocho had 2. The "slouch" was apparently more productive.

and Revis wonders why Woodson won the award over him.

I doubt you become a 1st ballot hall of famer being a slouch

Revis can say whatever he wants. It's Moss's job to prove him wrong.

No question on that ... Revis has earned the right to critique every Wr he has played against.

However ... no way Revis would say anything good about the Patriots ... would he?

Last edited:
My problem with his idiotic comment is that Andre Johnson had 4 receptions for 35 yards and he's a "beast" in a 24-7 loss to the Jets. Randy Moss had 4 receptions for 24 yards in a 16-9 loss and 5 receptions for 34 yards and a touchdown in a 31-14 win and he's a slouch? Perhaps someone can illustrate the difference for me between that production and being a beast or a slouch... because I sure as hell can't.

Some people need their heads examined.... seriously.

Last edited:
its just becos moss/TO didnt openly say that revis is a great player.if they had then he wouldnt call them slouch

I don't have a problem with Revis stating his opinion, and have no interest in getting in to the debate. That said, ProFootballTalk had an article up prior to the 2nd Pats/Jets game with opininion(s) from scout(s) on the game in New York. The scout(s) said that Revis had a lot of help on most plays and was not "one on one" with Randy Moss. In the second game, Moss beat Revis deep at least once, but the pass was inaccurate. Also in the second game, Revis had good coverage to break up a short pass to Moss, and good coverage on two deep balls, one of which was the last play of the game. I am not willing to "crown" Revis, but he certainly has had a great year.

No no no, you have to understand that scouts can't see what we see on TV. And the fact of the matter is that Revis never gets safety help and surely doesn't need it against a slouch like Moss.

Jets defensive coordinator confirms that Revis had help against Moss | ProFootballTalk.com

"I don't have numbers," Pettine said, per Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger. "We mixed our coverages up a lot. You have to do that against New England. You can't give them one look. I can say this, we weren't in a lot of true cover zero [man-on-man] with no help. Nobody in the league is. Most teams in the league, I would be shocked if they averaged more than four or five snaps a game of straight man coverage with no help.''

Kontra, tell me again how you've forgotten more football than I will ever know...

Interesting comments by Revis. It's too bad he didn't clarify.

Interesting comments by Revis. It's too bad he didn't clarify.

How do you find that "interesting". Aside from searching far and wide for any reason that helps you dog Moss when you feel like it. Revis also said he had no help on Moss, yet his own DC said that was a lie.

Revis can talk all he wants, but in the end Randy Moss and TO are shoe-ins for the HOF and will go down as 2 of the greatest receivers to play the game while Revis still has to prove he can sustain his success.

Moss and TO have proven themselves as the best for over a decade, they don't have to prove a damned thing right now.

My problem with his idiotic comment is that Andre Johnson had 4 receptions for 35 yards and he's a "beast" in a 24-7 loss to the Jets. Randy Moss had 4 receptions for 24 yards in a 16-9 loss and 5 receptions for 34 yards and a touchdown in a 31-14 win and he's a slouch? Perhaps someone can illustrate the difference for me between that production and being a beast or a slouch... because I sure as hell can't.

Some people need their heads examined.... seriously.

Most likely its how they play the game...Moss takes plays off and Revis doesn't have to work as hard. AJ plays hard every down and Revis works harder to shut him down.

Most likely its how they play the game...Moss takes plays off and Revis doesn't have to work as hard. AJ plays hard every down and Revis works harder to shut him down.

Maybe he should work harder then instead of 'letting' Randy get a TD :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Maybe he should work harder then instead of 'letting' Randy get a TD :rolleyes:

OK...I'll tell him...Tom and Randy really got one over on Darrelle that game...BTW...what did you think of Revis' interception today? Sweet huh?

OK...I'll tell him...Tom and Randy really got one over on Darrelle that game...BTW...what did you think of Revis' interception today? Sweet huh?

No doubt Revis is great, but don't act like he doesn't have to try as hard covering Moss.

No doubt Revis is great, but don't act like he doesn't have to try as hard covering Moss.

He doesn't have to try as hard on the plays Randy takes off...thats all I'm saying. Randy is All-World when he wants to play but as Darrelle mentioned he slouches on plays not directed at him. It makes Randy predictable and easy to cover.

He doesn't have to try as hard on the plays Randy takes off...thats all I'm saying. Randy is All-World when he wants to play but as Darrelle mentioned he slouches on plays not directed at him. It makes Randy predictable and easy to cover.

:sigh: look at the numbers. He's not "easy to cover". He does NOT "take plays off" as the media continues to feed to you. And Champ Bailey (who has a lot more credibility than Revis) will tell you that Moss is very -deceptive-. The fact is Moss doesn't look like he's trying, he's just that graceful. Moss is a HOFer for a reason, and that reason is not taking plays off. As good as he is, you do NOT put up that kind of career without hard work and dedication.

:sigh: look at the numbers. He's not "easy to cover". He does NOT "take plays off" as the media continues to feed to you. And Champ Bailey (who has a lot more credibility than Revis) will tell you that Moss is very -deceptive-. The fact is Moss doesn't look like he's trying, he's just that graceful. Moss is a HOFer for a reason, and that reason is not taking plays off. As good as he is, you do NOT put up that kind of career without hard work and dedication.

Wow...as long as ur happy with his performance...well so am I. Good luck with that.

Wow...as long as ur happy with his performance...well so am I. Good luck with that.

1264 Yards, 13 TD.... You'd kill for that kind of performance on the Jets.

1264 Yards, 13 TD.... You'd kill for that kind of performance on the Jets.

Like I said...if ur happy with that...I'm happy with Revis...especially when he lines up against Randy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back