PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Etling Signs 4 Year Contract. (Merge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
etling stinks.

weird draft...
How the f### do you know? Really, there's nothing wrong with looking at this draft, or any other, with a critical eye. But, honestly, how many times have you seen this guy play? Have you spoken with anyone who scouted him? Have you read ALL of the reviews on him? That's what I thought...

Looks a whole lot better than the LSU QB we once wasted a 4th rounder on. Looks like a perfectly good 7th round flier. His highlights remind me of early Matt Cassel.

I’m sure he doesn’t consult us fans when he makes a pick. But why would you pass on Lamar Jackson and mason Rudolph and Luke Falk and wait until the 7th round to draft Danny Etling? He only completed 60% of his passes. The only thing I could think of is he is confident TB12 will stay another 3 years and wanted a young qb to back him up who isn’t 32 years old.

Are you aware that WHERE someone is available in the draft is pretty important? Lamar Jackson I expect wasn't worth a 1st to them. A flier on this kid in the 7th? Why not?

The opprotunity was there. After we drafted Wynn and Michel which I think are great picks because although it’s a boring pick, Nate solder needed to be replaced and Sony Michel is a beast. But after we drafted Wynn and Michel there were other talented qbs on the board but bill obviously wasn’t impressed for whatever reason.
Well sure, they could have taken Luke Falk at 43.

I wasn't a fan of ANY qb this year. They all had problems. And I wasn't excited about any of the weak ass armed qbs that probably cannot beat out Hoyer(have always been team hoyer lol). Danny Etling is a long shot but at least he has an arm and took care of the ball.

The amount of people here insinuating that this is the origins of another Tom Brady draft story being written before our eyes is honestly insulting to Tom Brady.

wassmadda wit chuz guys???? He's THE Danny Etling. Guy's got a gun for an arm...in fact, it won't be long before people start calling him ...dramatic pause for effect...The ETLING Gun...(OK, I'm reaching but you gotta admit, I'm the first to tag the guy with imagery that not only inspires confidence but re-asserts our right to bear arms...killing twelve birds with one stone...so to speak. And shut up Fnord.)

Lego-Minigun-realistic-working-2.jpg
[/SIZE]

I’m sure he doesn’t consult us fans when he makes a pick. But why would you pass on Lamar Jackson and mason Rudolph and Luke Falk and wait until the 7th round to draft Danny Etling? He only completed 60% of his passes. The only thing I could think of is he is confident TB12 will stay another 3 years and wanted a young qb to back him up who isn’t 32 years old.
Bill whiffed on getting a GOOD QB project going....piss poor job. Brady likely done after this season and we have no heir. Sorry but this Etling kid sucks....no rationale in drafting this kid for anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back