PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola Reunion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Wouldn't it be funny (and nice) if Pats got all Gordon, Dola and Mitchell back.. If healthy this would make a hell of a core together with Hall of Jules..

Julian is pretty much Brady's long lost little brother, so we can call him....

Drum roll....

The FAMILY Jules!

I thought his role was always Edelman insurance/clutch playoff performer. Which still seems useful.

shrug.gif

If they're bringing in a young slot guy and at least one WR1/WR2 level player, why would they need Edelman insurance at the expense of other players?

I don't see any role for him, unless the Patriots decide that they are not bringing back any of the quartet from last year (Gordon/Patterson/Hogan/Dorsett). But, I can see that there will be those who'd rather give the WR4/WR5 spot to him than to a younger player.

I’m all for it. Put both Edelman and ‘Dola on a pitch count to try and keep them both healthy for the playoffs. Draft an outside WR with one of our 2nd round picks next year. Hogan can’t get separation and isn’t worth a spot.

He’ll turn 34 next season. Kind of long in the tooth for the position.

He is not going to be asked to take the top off the D. DA will do all the crucial sideline catches. Losing him resulted a significant worse 2 min offense.

Does he still have the black market carport in Providence?

I wonder how many will pick up on the historical reference. Otherwise a fantastic joke

Danny is well aware (he said so himself on First Take last week) that he got a huge raise to go to the Dolphins and that he would have to cut his price by half to two thirds to land in NE. At that price, Pats would probably love him back for camp. Intriguing situation: Will he take it? or will he retire? Highly unlikely, he goes to another team.

I’d be ok with it. Always good to have someone who can contribute and be a decent security blanket in case if injury.

Would be ok too, if they went with Renfrow in the draft. Seems like he’d fit the system well.

Danny is well aware (he said so himself on First Take last week) that he got a huge raise to go to the Dolphins and that he would have to cut his price by half to two thirds to land in NE. At that price, Pats would probably love him back for camp. Intriguing situation: Will he take it? or will he retire? Highly unlikely, he goes to another team.

I think it all depends on his priority. As another said he is long in the tooth. His last NFL hurrah is soon at hand (maybe it has already happened?). But assuming DA can still be productive in that 3rd or 4th receiving target role, then the question is: does he want one last chance at glory or does he want to make as much NFL contract money as possible one last time?

If he wants one last shot at glory (but still make a few million) and assuming BB will sign him, can't see the Patriots not being his landing place. If he wants to maximize his NFL income(quite understandable if he does), DA will wrap his career up elsewhere.

Last edited:
I wonder if he'd fit in with the Lions, now that they've changed O.C.s.

shrug.gif

If they're bringing in a young slot guy and at least one WR1/WR2 level player, why would they need Edelman insurance at the expense of other players?

I don't see any role for him, unless the Patriots decide that they are not bringing back any of the quartet from last year (Gordon/Patterson/Hogan/Dorsett). But, I can see that there will be those who'd rather give the WR4/WR5 spot to him than to a younger player.

I suspect Patterson will be back (assuming he doesn't get a better offer). BB places high value on players that can fill multiple roles (and cost is palatable). I wouldn't be surprised to see Dorsett gone or re-sign as the solidly known quantity at the back of the line(hoping to move up the line). I suspect Hogan will be moving on. Again, all just hunches.

I just don't see Gordon as a 2019 WR1 or WRanything. Stranger things have happened but that's a seriously checkered and uncertain ground to be expecting to return. Yet unfortunately he's the 'specific 'spot' of most pressing need. Your move Bill...:)

As far as the Troy Brown->WW->JE->young replacement? Good question. JE was there figuring it out while WW was 'the guy'. Unless there's another WW out there that is undervalued/not greatly needed amongst other teams? I suspect that young replacement will remain 'player to be named later' for 2019.

Minimum salary?? Maybe. We need a new wr!! Hogan is finished and Dorsett is hopeless. That Humphries guy from the Bucs??? Cole Beasley might leave the cowboys too. You know Bill loves those white guys lol.

If Dola is up to be here for his usual rate then he will be back. But entirely possible that with 2 rings in him he might just call it a day instead of taking a paycut from 6m down to about 2m. Especially at his age.

He’d be the ideal WR4/WR5.

The old band is getting back together.

Minimum salary?? Maybe. We need a new wr!! Hogan is finished and Dorsett is hopeless. That Humphries guy from the Bucs??? Cole Beasley might leave the cowboys too. You know Bill loves those white guys lol.
We know Bill loves the good guys. You love the white guys. No lol...

shrug.gif

Probably too expensive, but I'd rather see the Patriots sign Randall Cobb.

Ehhh. Depends on the price ofc, but if Dorsett and Amendola turned out to be the same price, I'd rather have Dorsett since he's much younger, and not to mention Amendola's injury history. Ofc Amendola is the better WR but still, I'd prefer Dorsett (at the right price). I'm pretty sure Dorsett won't see big money out there so I think he will be back.

An outside WR is a much bigger need here since we do not know if Josh Gordon will get reinstated.

I definitely wouldn't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back