PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola Reunion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edleman, Amendola, Berrios, Dorsett, Patterson and if Gordon could ever come back and stay clean....It could be a lot worse.

IIRC Dorsett and Patterson are FAs, doubt Dorsett is back. Patterson maybe, if the price is right.

Edit: Checked and Dorsett, Patterson and Hogan are all UFAs

Last edited:
I recall him doing his level best to torch (tourch?) bridges on his way out... Remember that ridiculous limo ride with Reiss?

Uh... wasn't Chris Grier the guy who gave him $6 million in the first place?
Despite the GM title, Grier was second in command to Executive VP of Football Operations Mike Tannenbaum, who has a long history of paying free agents way too much money.

I recall him doing his level best to torch (tourch?) bridges on his way out... Remember that ridiculous limo ride with Reiss?

Money is a helluva drug.

Revis called Belichick an as.shole at least once and he still signed him.
I don't doubt for a minute BB's ability to make unemotional business decisions.

But to me, after five years and two rings, that all felt a touch personal. That it came on the heels of a tough SB loss - like, instead of taking the high road, Danny chose to pile on - is what rankled me.

He’ll turn 34 next season. Kind of long in the tooth for the position.

True but it isn't like the Pats have a lot of better options unless they want to pony up some serious money. I think he'll absolutely help out here. It saves the Pats from having to try to force another WR into the Brady circle of trust.

As for Danny I think he'd be happy to come back. He got his pay day in the bank. Now is the time to end his career with a winner and maybe get one more championship before hes done.

Hey, if you consider sleeping in someone's carport and then following him around all weekend "stalking," I don't know what to tell you.

Some of my best life long relationships started out that way.

Am I missing something I thought DA shot his way out of town?? :confused:

Edleman, Amendola, Berrios, Dorsett, Patterson and if Gordon could ever come back and stay clean....It could be a lot worse.
Eh, I dunno. I’d be more than happy to see Amendola compete for a WR4 job, and you’re right that the WR group could be a lot worse, but your middle 4 players still leave a fairly big void in my opinion.

I'm sure the LOLphins will find another stupid way to spend the 6 million.

Am I missing something I thought DA shot his way out of town?? :confused:
I think at the time he and Culpo were broken up. Might’ve had various emotions behind those comments. Now they’re back together....could make sense for him to come back to NE for personal reasons more than go to the highest bidder.

The team needs to find an OWR1, or at least an OWR2, and it needs to find the next generation of slot WR. What is the role need for Amendola?

Ewww he'll smell like dolphin . . . . I suppose we could hose him off though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft