PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daniel Ekuale 2 game suspension

Playing 23% of defensive reps is NOT a Practice Squad guy. He has a good chance to be on the roster for Game 3.
He played 9.18% of the snaps. And he literally was a practice squad player who got elevated for some games.
99 total snaps

You can bet that he is singing a different tune today.

Yeah he’ll be in the mix to make the rotation. His spot isn’t guaranteed but I like him over Coward, Anderson and Murray. We don’t know anything about Ray or Roberts yet but I see them as probable PS guys unless they really show something in camp.

Ray is interesting because the consensus seems to be he's a VERY good talent, but has a rough injury history. No guarantee that changes at the NFL level, but if he does stay on the field, he seems talented enough to make the 53. Long way to go for that though, obviously.

He played 9.18% of the snaps. And he literally was a practice squad player who got elevated for some games.
99 total snaps
Which is 23% of defensive snaps in the 7 games he played...

He has an edge (not huge) to make the roster just due to his experience...

I don't think anyone focused on him when he played, so can't rightly speak to his performance, but he did get playing time as a replacement/ sub in the back half of the season

Ray is interesting because the consensus seems to be he's a VERY good talent, but has a rough injury history. No guarantee that changes at the NFL level, but if he does stay on the field, he seems talented enough to make the 53. Long way to go for that though, obviously.
Yes I’ve heard that about Ray. Hopefully he can overcome his injury bug and be a steal for us…fingers crossed. I also read that Roberts was dominant in college…I believe he was the DII defensive lineman of the year; however, it’s a massive leap from DII to the NFL so let’s see what he brings to camp.

Which is 23% of defensive snaps in the 7 games he played...

He has an edge (not huge) to make the roster just due to his experience...

I don't think anyone focused on him when he played, so can't rightly speak to his performance, but he did get playing time as a replacement/ sub in the back half of the season
Calling that 23% and the poster I responded to saying 23% isn’t a ps player is misleading.

Not sure in reality he does. Not many PS guys become full timers. History says a guy on the ps who gets elevated and plays a bit usually doesn’t make the roster later. But it’s all about improvement so every player is unique.

He looked like a fringe NFL player that had a shot to get in the field but a guy you’d rather have someone better than.

Calling that 23% and the poster I responded to saying 23% isn’t a ps player is misleading.

Not sure in reality he does. Not many PS guys become full timers. History says a guy on the ps who gets elevated and plays a bit usually doesn’t make the roster later. But it’s all about improvement so every player is unique.

He looked like a fringe NFL player that had a shot to get in the field but a guy you’d rather have someone better than.

The stat was originally posted as 23% of defensive snaps in the 7 games he played.

Not misleading if you bother to read what was actually written.

And guys with knowledge always have an edge, unless there is a high dollar rookie on the roster. Whether or not they can take advantage of it is on them.

The stat was originally posted as 23% of defensive snaps in the 7 games he played.

Not misleading if you bother to read what was actually written.

And guys with knowledge always have an edge, unless there is a high dollar rookie on the roster. Whether or not they can take advantage of it is on them.
Like I said history disagrees that practice squad guys have an edge. But every player is unique.

he probably said something mean about the 1/6 Committee like Del Rio

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back