PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daniel Ekuale 2 game suspension

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

No reason given. Can’t be PEDs that’s too short of a suspension. NFL doesn’t suspend players for MJ anymore.

Could be Personal Conduct I guess but haven’t heard anything about him.

2 games? most likely a first time PED/non anabolic agent suspension... per the 2021 NFLPA

Step One: The first time a Player violates this Policy by testing positive for a Prohibited Substance; attempting to substitute, dilute or adulterate a specimen; or manipulating a test result, he will be suspended without pay pursuant to the following schedule:
  • Positive Test Result for Stimulant, Diuretic or Masking Agent -- two regular and/or postseason games.
  • Positive Test Result for Anabolic Agent -- six regular and/or postseason games.
  • Positive Test Result for Prohibited Substance plus Diuretic or Masking Agent / Attempt to Substitute, Dilute or Adulterate Specimen / Attempt to Manipulate Test Result / Violation of Section 5 -- eight regular and/or postseason games.
In addition, the Player may be subject to evaluation and counseling if, in the opinion of the Independent Administrator, such assistance is warranted.

Last edited:
I think we might have something with this guy. He flashed last year with the little time that he played. I wouldn’t be surprised if he carved himself out a role in the rotation this season.

My guess is a banned substance (even though those usually get 4 games). “Pile driving his wife” so to speak would be worse than 2 games.

I think we might have something with this guy. He flashed last year with the little time that he played. I wouldn’t be surprised if he carved himself out a role in the rotation this season.
he played a bit more than i thought... about 23% of the defensive snaps in 7 games per pfr snap count stat...

Last edited:
he played a bit more than i thought... about 23% of the defensive snaps in 7 games per pfr snap count snap...
That’s interesting…I didn’t realize he played that percentage of snaps. I just noticed that he made plays when given the opportunity. I don’t want to sound too homeristic but maybe we found something with this guy.

You know he's freaking out right now. He's the type of fringe player that can't afford slip ups like this. Look for his roster spot to be in danger.

This actually might work in the Patriot's favor.

The opening day roster is always crazy competitive. If by suspended, they don't need a roster spot for him week one, it's always nice having someone possibly show up week 3.

This actually might work in the Patriot's favor.

The opening day roster is always crazy competitive. If by suspended, they don't need a roster spot for him week one, it's always nice having someone possibly show up week 3.
I’m saying he should be worried because if someone else emerges or outplays him, he’s not worth the hassle because that other player is available week 1.

Look what happened to Cam Newton. When you are a fringe player, you can’t slip up like this as someone is waiting to take your place.

He's competing for the Backup to Barmore 3-Tech role with the likes of Little Lord Byron the Coward, Lanky Hank Anderson, the Comedian Bill Murray, Alabama UDFA LaBryan Ray, and something called a "Sam Roberts"...

May the best man - or, to put it more accurately, the least sucky one - win...

I’m saying he should be worried because if someone else emerges or outplays him, he’s not worth the hassle because that other player is available week 1.

Look what happened to Cam Newton. When you are a fringe player, you can’t slip up like this as someone is waiting to take your place.

Does anyone think Ekuale was any more than a practice squad candidate to start the season anyway? Was he on your roster before this news?

He's the DL version of WR Wilkerson. Depth for perhaps a game or two off the practice squad when people are dinged.

This might make it easier to stash him.

He's competing for the Backup to Barmore 3-Tech role with the likes of Little Lord Byron the Coward, Lanky Hank Anderson, the Comedian Bill Murray, Alabama UDFA LaBryan Ray, and something called a "Sam Roberts"...

May the best man - or, to put it more accurately, the least sucky one - win...
Yeah he’ll be in the mix to make the rotation. His spot isn’t guaranteed but I like him over Coward, Anderson and Murray. We don’t know anything about Ray or Roberts yet but I see them as probable PS guys unless they really show something in camp.

Does anyone think Ekuale was any more than a practice squad candidate to start the season anyway? Was he on your roster before this news?

He's the DL version of WR Wilkerson. Depth for perhaps a game or two off the practice squad when people are dinged.

I think he has a legit shot to stick and be a part of the DL mix this season. He showed some things when given an opportunity last season, albeit in a very limited role. Let’s see how things shake out in TC.

I kind of remember Reiss saying he had a chance to join the Bills for the playoffs but he chose to stay on our practice roster so there's some interest in him out there.

Pats can just stash him for 2 weeks and make room for someone else when he'd otherwise be on the roster bubble.

Playing 23% of defensive reps is NOT a Practice Squad guy. He has a good chance to be on the roster for Game 3.

Playing 23% of defensive reps is NOT a Practice Squad guy. He has a good chance to be on the roster for Game 3.

When did Ekuale play 23% of the snaps? In the 7 games he dressed? When others were dinged?? In 50-10 blowouts or meaningless final games????

Ekuale is depth. Sure, he can play his way on the roster. But good chance?

Right now Ekuale is the definition of on the bubble practice squad depth. Yes, guys like him need to step up, but he is far from the roster week 3 without injuries, disappointments, or a fantastic training camp.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back