PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Fouts picks a punter ahead of Tom Brady in MMQB All-Time Draft

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Well, there's pretty much no question now that Dan Fouts is my 1st pick in the first round of the NFL All-Time Douchebag draft. Obviously, he sucks so much at pretty much everything that his first option in football and in life is to punt.

He picked Ray Guy as the 4th overall pick in the all-time NFL draft. Brady went 9th to Peter King.

Full draft here:

The MMQB NFL All-Time Draft

He's either trolling (successfully) or he's taken too many blows to the head. I'm guessing it's the former.
Well, if you've ever heard him speak you know that is true. SAD!

Well, there's pretty much no question now that Dan Fouts is my 1st pick in the first round of the NFL All-Time Douchebag draft. Obviously, he sucks so much at pretty much everything that his first option in football and in life is to punt.

He picked Ray Guy as the 4th overall pick in the all-time NFL draft. Brady went 9th to Peter King.

Full draft here:

Well, to play devil's advocate, since he passed on TFB his team is going to NEED that punter......

A lot!

Last edited:
TB was the second QB taken so not as bad as Dungy's thoughts.

BB being the 9th coach taken is pretty bad imo.

Was AV taken and I missed his name or what ?

BB was actual 4th (3rd if you discount Polians bitter tears) because of a trade

Wasn't there already a thread on this? Starting to get hard to keep track of all the threads here about Brady being disrespected in offseason programming filler lists.

464f1fc8e40b41968d8c41c15755f0d6659bed35050c5a9d577a64ab1f2c4cca.jpg

I didn't know quite a few of the players on that list. Shocker for me was seeing Don Hutson, a Packers WR from 1935-45 get picked 8th overall, #2 offensive skill player behind Jim Brown. I know basically nothing about him - will be interesting to research later.

As for the piece itself, would've been helpful to see depth charts or something to see starters / backups for each of the teams, otherwise the round by round is a pretty unhelpful way to parse through to find the actual end result of the draft.

Full draft here:

The instrument has yet to be invented which can measure my indifference to Dan Fouts.

He was a very talented QB who played his worst in big games.
But he was a innovator in the way the Quarterback position is played.

He put up prolific stats when offense was played against brutal defenses.

I'm not going to discount how good a player he was.

As far as his rating of top players.
Ray Guy was certainly a great player for his era.

I'm not going to criticize him for his fanhood.
It's human nature for him if he shows jealousy for Brady's championships, and if he can't help but wonder what he would of done if offenses had more favorable rules slided towards putting on a show.

I didn't know quite a few of the players on that list. Shocker for me was seeing Don Hutson, a Packers WR from 1935-45 get picked 8th overall, #2 offensive skill player behind Jim Brown. I know basically nothing about him - will be interesting to research later.

As for the piece itself, would've been helpful to see depth charts or something to see starters / backups for each of the teams, otherwise the round by round is a pretty unhelpful way to parse through to find the actual end result of the draft.
It was a different era, but Don Hutson was a great athlete and a beast player.

It was a different era, but Don Hutson was a great athlete and a beast player.
I don't doubt it! Looking forward to reading about him. Strange time to be a world class athlete too.

I might've still taken Jerry Rice for my #1 WR though :)

Hutson probably ran the 40 in 5.0 flat then coughed his lungs up and torched a cigarette afterward. But yes, he should definitely be ranked that high in an all time draft.

Dan Fouts and Ian Eagle, uggghhhh! Worst broadcasters to do the Pats games!

Dan Fouts probably has to be told durig commercial breaks by Eagle that he's been looking the wrong direction.

Hutson generally makes it into the top 5 of best NFL players ever lists.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back