PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran's reporting on Mayo being the next head coach

I’m interested in Mayo taking over instead of Vrabel. I worry that it’s still too early for him but he is definitely a smart guy and a good leader. Just look at the defense this year. They played hard for him despite a 4-13 season with the most frustrating offense of all time. That speaks to something about his coaching.
Exactly go all in for Offense in FA and the Draft should fix our problems.

I don’t know that at all. I’ve read enough of your posts to know you’d call it that in any case, regardless of who it was.
Good for you.

9 years at Michigan

Phil Murphy Governor GIF by GIPHY News
Wow didn't realize.

I’m interested in Mayo taking over instead of Vrabel. I worry that it’s still too early for him but he is definitely a smart guy and a good leader. Just look at the defense this year. They played hard for him despite a 4-13 season with the most frustrating offense of all time. That speaks to something about his coaching.
Ahh...it's been reported that Bill's son Steve was calling the defense.

Ahh...it's been reported that Bill's son Steve was calling the defense.

Yep, I'd feel better about Mayo if he had real DC experience. Seems like a quality guy that's under qualified. I think Mayo has a chance of being a decent HC, but the risk of the unknown would have me looking elsewhere...for now.

I'd assume:

GM: Groh
HC: Mayo
OC: Obie
DC: Belichick

Steve probably wants to step out from under his dad's shadow.
I'd say Demarcus covington as DC..

Yep, I'd feel better about Mayo if he had real DC experience. Seems like a quality guy that's under qualified. I think Mayo has a chance of being a decent HC, but the risk of the unknown would have me looking elsewhere...for now.
GM: Pioli
HC: Mayo
OC: BOB
DC: Belichick or Covington if Steve leaves
consultant: Josh, could be Assistant Coach

Mayo has no DC experience, he’s completely unqualified for the role. This is going to put the team back in the Rod Rust/**** McPherson mode.

If the Krafts are really going to make a DEI hire, instead of bringing in Vrabel, they should just sell the team.

Mayo was the guy before we knew vrabel was getting fired. Would he still be?

Mayo has no DC experience, he’s completely unqualified for the role. This is going to put the team back in the Rod Rust/**** McPherson mode.

If the Krafts are really going to make a DEI hire, instead of bringing in Vrabel, they should just sell the team.
Dale Earnhardt Incorporated?
dale earnhardt nascar GIF by Redneck Island

Mayo was the guy before we knew vrabel was getting fired. Would he still be?

I would think so. If Vrabel does not get another HC job, maybe he is the DC for BB and then HC when BB retires in 2 or 3 years. McDaniels will be the OC, and Ziegler will be the shadow GM.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back