PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran's reporting on Mayo being the next head coach

Curran says a lot of ****.

The quote:

"We reported a month ago about that a decision had been made, and the Patriots would be parting ways with Bill Belichick,” said Curran, when appearing on Arbella Early Edition. “That remains what I believe will happen this week, in the near future at least, and I believe that they will still stay on the course with Jerod Mayo as the next head coach.”

Curran says a lot of ****.

The quote:

"We reported a month ago about that a decision had been made, and the Patriots would be parting ways with Bill Belichick,” said Curran, when appearing on Arbella Early Edition. “That remains what I believe will happen this week, in the near future at least, and I believe that they will still stay on the course with Jerod Mayo as the next head coach.”
Yup. He even says himself that he was just an average at best sport writer until The Dynasty landed in his lap.

I’ll be pissed if they get rid of Bill, pass on Vrabel, and hire Mayo.

Literal worst case IMO.
I’m not sure of your views on BB staying or going…but why would Mayo over Vrabel piss you off?

Vrabel has proven to be a nothing more than a JAG HC…nothing to write home about honestly.

It’s true that Mayo is unproven as a HC, but objectively speaking, could he be that much worse than JAG Vrabel?

For me, if the decision hypothetically comes down to either Mayo or Vrabel, why not give Mayo a shot over a coach that we already know is average?

I’m not trolling you…I’m just curious as to why you’re so adamant about Vrabel over Mayo.

Personally I hope the Pats move in a totally new direction away from Patriots of the past.

If what Curran is saying is true and the Kraft knew they were moving on from BB back in November, why is it taking so long to finalize their decision? Especially if Mayo is the next coach.

I’m not sure of your views on BB staying or going…but why would Mayo over Vrabel piss you off?

Vrabel has proven to be a nothing more than a JAG HC…nothing to write home about honestly.

It’s true that Mayo is unproven as a HC, but objectively speaking, could he be that much worse than JAG Vrabel?

For me, if the decision hypothetically comes down to either Mayo or Vrabel, why not give Mayo a shot over a coach that we already know is average?

I’m not trolling you…I’m just curious as to why you’re so adamant about Vrabel over Mayo.

Personally I hope the Pats move in a totally new direction away from Patriots of the past.
I don't disagree with your assessment of Vrabel as average and Mayo being unknown. And it making more sense to move onto a unknown coach who could be good verse hiring an average one.

But yeah Mayo could be much worse than an average HC. Look at Josh McDaniels.

I don't know why BOB and McDaniels are being mentioned together.

McDaniels is by FAR a worse HC.
I agree with you

I don’t think either of these guys are being considered by the Pats for HC.

I don't disagree with your assessment of Vrabel as average and Mayo being unknown. And it making more sense to move onto a unknown coach who could be good verse hiring an average one.

But yeah Mayo could be much worse than an average HC. Look at Josh McDaniels.
For me I just don’t see any plus side in hiring Vrabel as the HC. We don’t know with Mayo but I already know what to expect with Vrabel.

As I said, I hope we hire a GM and get a fresh HC that’s not tied to the Pats past

Big mistake if true, but this rumor could be coming from team Kraft in lieu of all the Vrabel talk.

Vrabel set up very competitive teams without a franchise QB.
Always played us tough and close,
Plus he’s a previous Patriots star who has respect and admiration for and from the team.
Being a previous player he can relate to and get guys to buy in and play hard for him.
He already had a background with the Krafts.

It checks almost all the boxes.
Aside from

He’s not an offensive Genius which is what teams are chasing.
He’s never won a superbowl.

Big mistake if true, but this rumor could be coming from team Kraft in lieu of all the Vrabel talk.
Exactly.
I wouldn't be surprised if a running Poll is being monitored. Weak.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back