PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Patriots now calling their own shots on how to handle COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can very much understand and appreciate it. That was before my time, so it's a perspective I don't have. I tend to think of them as the team that employs and celebrates a known child and spouse abuser, while also one of the active franchises in trying to defame TFB and the Pats.

Hill is a major factor that I try to ignore.
Like all the scumbags that the NYFL employs if Hill wasn't so talented he'd be long gone.
I don't remember KC being part of the anti-Brady campaign, but I don't follow the off the field stuff anymore.

Hill is a major factor that I try to ignore.
Like all the scumbags that the NYFL employs if Hill wasn't so talented he'd be long gone.
I don't remember KC being part of the anti-Brady campaign, but I don't follow the off the field stuff anymore.

You're better off for it.

I think Curran takes it a step too far. He makes it sound like a full on insurrection went down. Instead a few opinions were voiced. We still don't know the reason the game was moved from MNF to next weekend. It's just as likely it was a simple reconsideration of the situation. But hey, it gets clicks to make it sound like we 'call our own shots' so let's run with that.

I strongly doubt NJFL would cede the ability for us to 'call our own shots', and Curran really doesn't have the evidence of such. He's just stitching together James White's tweet with some other things and running with it.
In an ordinary situation you'd be 100% correct, but the Patriots are the most prestigious organization in North American sports and the league has just went several rounds proving how much control they DON'T have over Robert Kraft's team.

The league head office is not flush with prestige at the moment and the top teams are in a position to defy them, Especially the Patriots who have every reason to be at odds with the league

In an ordinary situation you'd be 100% correct, but the Patriots are the most prestigious organization in North American sports and the league has just went several rounds proving how much control they DON'T have over Robert Kraft's team.

The league head office is not flush with prestige at the moment and the top teams are in a position to defy them, Especially the Patriots who have every reason to be at odds with the league
Oh my. Kraft has been Roger's minion forever.

Oh my. Kraft has been Roger's minion forever.
Really hasn't. The only time he gave in to Roger was not taking brady's case to the Supreme Court.

Kraft won't go up against the 31 but he has definitely let his employees tell Roger where he can get off

Really hasn't. The only time he gave in to Roger was not taking brady's case to the Supreme Court.

Kraft won't go up against the 31 but he has definitely let his employees tell Roger where he can get off
What? He bowed down on Spygate, Deflategate, Brady's suspension, AND the draft pick that got taken for his documentary he was taping last year. He has NEVER went up against Goodell and never will. We didn't tell the league anything about the game Sunday. They told us. They always tell Kraft what to do.

Bill is taking a lot of crap on this board. Its ridiculous. Its one year. He has ledthis organiztio to 9 super bowl berths and 6 titles. For crying out loud...so one year the team sucks. next year they will have much better personnel and in two years they will be back in the thick of it. BB has done so much for NE cut him abreak.
i sill say F off Ass ante

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey