PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: NO WAY Pats go into season with just Cam and Stidham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying that Stidham would bring us to the SB, as Eason did?

Eason brought us to the sb with a great running game. We can match that.

now we need a number one wr and stidham should be there!

Eason brought us to the sb with a great running game. We can match that.

now we need a number one wr and stidham should be there!
The running game is much better with Cam.

yup, once we lost one of our blocking TE's, Eason was done. He was a "coward" against the best defense in the history of the NFL.
I’m referring to his career...and you knew that. He was the anti-Grogan.

Showing a clip of what happens to a qb when no receivers as open and the ol doesn’t block isn’t really about the QB
The panicking under pressure and making awful decisions like at 1:11 eating a huge loss instead of throwing the ball away is entirely about the QB. Stidham stinks

Tony Eason was a coward. Was never a fan of his.

Hannah was a scumbag for **** talking his own QB to the press. But I guess complaining to the media about your teammates is only bad when Peyton does it.

I’m referring to his career...and you knew that. He was the anti-Grogan.

I thought radon’s career ended because one of our doctors messed up bandaging eason’s arm after surgery and he had permanent damage from the error!

The panicking under pressure and making awful decisions like at 1:11 eating a huge loss instead of throwing the ball away is entirely about the QB. Stidham stinks
He isnt really panicking he’s running for his life. A panicked qb throws into coverage.

to each his own
Stidham as better in the running game than Cam is a novel position I would think.
Well that’s not what I said. The running backs who would otherwise be getting the carries are better than newton. Newton was overall pretty poor on designed runs with a couple of exceptions.

He isnt really panicking he’s running for his life. A panicked qb throws into coverage.
A panicked QB makes bad decisions more often than not whether throwing, running or deciding what he needs to do

This is a good draft for project/back-up QBs. Plenty of guys who have played a ton of college football and have some promise.

As I've said before, I don't think anyone outside of Lawrence is worth a first round pick.

Davis Mills, Stanford intrigues me.
Kellen Mond has play 4 years in the SEC and I would take him over Wilson or Lance anyday

you will have to take them in the 3rd rd.

Late round guys that might blosssom...

Jaime Newman, Wake Forest (transferred to GA but opted out)
Sam Ehlinger, Texas (won alot of games in college)
Felipe Franks, Arkansas (started at Florida, jumped around might shine with better coaching, he has a huge frame 6'6" 234 4.5 40, might be a TE conversion too)
K. J. Costello, Mississippi State (another one who jumped around different colleges, but at one time was considered a top recruit, good size 6'5" 225)
Ian Book, Notre Dame (short 6', but he is a multi year starter and is the winningest QB in ND history, that must mean something)
I'm sure there are stats showing the guys you list aren't that far behind the 4th-6th QBs taken in terms of probability of becoming a franchise QB.

A panicked QB makes bad decisions more often than not whether throwing, running or deciding what he needs to do
That’s not what that clip shows. It shows a qb whose OL can’t block who had no open receivers. Criticizing him for not heaving it up to avoid a sack shows you don’t know what you are talking about.

That’s not what that clip shows. It shows a qb whose OL can’t block who had no open receivers. Criticizing him for not heaving it up to avoid a sack shows you don’t know what you are talking about.
Im not the one that said QB panicking just means you throw it into coverage. No it doesn’t.

The clip shows a QB who panics under pressure, can’t read a defense, can’t get away from pressure and makes bad decisions. Same in his Patriots career to date. I never said a thing about “not heaving it up”. The play at 1:11 is exactly why he was only a 4th rounder.

Clear as day why Cam gets the benefit of the doubt over this guy if it’s a choice between the two.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye