PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: How to cope with Patriot Demise Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Reiss used to post here under the username "Dikembe"

Dan Shaughnessy posts under the name "Captain Stone"

Mike Felger posts under the name "Captain Insano"

;)
I literally laughed out loud with the vision of Mike Reiss at home, sitting on the couch with his MacBook while his children play at his feet typing in all caps "Dikembe" talk.

Felger is Capt Insano no question.

Captain Stone is too knowledgeable to be Shank.

Mazzarotti is on here too. I think hes Dafoe2016.

Kind of embarrassed for Curran to be honest. He went from being the relatively steady voice of reason in the Boston sports media world...to then becoming a chief gossip girl over the Belichick and Gronk drama this past offseason..to now seemingly evolving into a snake with multiple heads. Not sure what his end game is, but we’ll see how it plays out

Curran is OK. He just annoys me with some of this over the top takes but I think he does that as its his job.

Overall I think hes pretty rational and level-headed.

I view this piece as satirical in nature

His strength is that he does not hop on every conspiracy theory, and in this case he provides levity, but for the most part understands the method of the New England Patriots and seldom reports the crap stuff...

His strength is that he does not hop on every conspiracy theory, and in this case he provides levity, but for the most part understands the method of the New England Patriots and seldom reports the crap stuff...
I dunno know. He was stoking the Tom/BB/Kraft/AG flames

If I had to pick a poster based on his moniker, I pick Meatface ...or maybe Richard Camembert.

I think that until very recently, around the release of the Wickersham stuff, your description of Curran was pretty much spot on. But, since that time I've found him markedly different. As I've written before, Tom Curran and his son have been Guerrero clients for some time and he is, by his own admission, very loyal to and a huge fan of Guerrero. Since the apparent rift between BB and Guerrero, Curran has consistently supported the Wickersham claims about all of the associated problems. I've even seen it spillover on his Quick Slants show when Jerrod Mayo has attempted to downplay the discord stuff and Curran openly disagrees with Mayo's take and insists it's all very real.

From that article it’s obvious he reads this board. He parrots the chicken littles.
I often think the people in this board are what he refers to as “sources close to the patriots”

Tom just hit the love emoji to this post so I know you are out there. I won’t tell anyone it’s you.
You sure it aint you?

Curran does read message boards. 10 years ago or so...he was on KFFL...made maybe 4-5 posts tops. Reiss too. They posted under their real names then though.

I can see why they would prefer to post anonymously.

Heck, 75% of Curran's article above was harvested from this board.

Mostly, you’re sad because you also have tickets for the Titans game in Nashville in November. You were really looking forward to that and now you might not go because why do you want to spend 1,500 bucks to watch a **** team get its ass beat by Mike Vrabel and Marcus Mariota?

Girlfriend and I are planning on taking a trip to Tennessee this year for the game. We've decided to try and start a yearly road game tradition and this game sounds perfect. Never been to Nashville, stoked to explore the environment. Plus it's on Veterans' Day weekend so we get the extra day to drive back up home. Anyone else gonna be making this trip?

I dunno know. He was stoking the Tom/BB/Kraft/AG flames

Every local sports media reporter and outlet was doing the same.. for the most part over time he has taken a back seat to much of the silly brouhaha that seems to follow this team... a byproduct of prolonged success??

Every local sports media reporter and outlet was doing the same.. for the most part over time he has taken a back seat to much of the silly brouhaha that seems to follow this team... a byproduct of prolonged success??
Wow, you must be young.

Anyway, it's the byproduct of generations of media bias and league corruption and contempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back