PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran (again) - Are these Tom Brady's final days with the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's the latest pizzpunk ageist insult used by the ADHD "wired" generation...these feces eaters don't even comprehend their PARENTS are "boomers"....it's part and parcel of the CL Generation.

Ageism kicks ass actually, also isn't a thing

So, Brady would choose the weather in LA to that in Brookline. Ok.

But, there are lots of other choices

LA
Dec 5
68 degrees and Sunny
No Brookline residents sucking the joy out of life

Ageism kicks ass actually, also isn't a thing
age·ism
/ˈājˌizəm/

Learn to pronounce

noun
noun: ageism; noun: agism
  1. prejudice or discrimination on the grounds of a person's age.
    "ageism in recruitment is an increasing problem"
Translate ageism to
Use over time for: ageism

I will put a contract out on you forthwith if you even dare to contemplate ANY quotes from Joyce's "Ullysses"...
Aer Lingus used to have their airline seat covers be all sections of Ulysses. I think so non-Irish passengers would order more drinks and pass out.

Ryan Tannehill is ninth on this list.

Ryan Tannehill

I mean, I'm probably more partial to Ryan Tannehill than most on this board but, like... no.
Ryan Tannenhill has been killing it on the Titans this season.

Aer Lingus used to have their airline seat covers be all sections of Ulysses. I think so non-Irish passengers would order more drinks and pass out.
Sophomore in high school...teacher gave us Ullysses as one of our reading assignments...I think I got five or six pages in and ran out the house looking for the freakin' Cliff Notes. That was my first exposure to "stream of consciousness". Later on a couple of uncles went loony tunes and I reacquainted myself with the term intimately.

>criticizes ageist stereotypes directed towards Boomers
>calls younger generation pizzpunk ADHD sh*t eaters

Last edited:
>criticizes ageist stereotypes
that's right...I do not deny I'm a total hypocrite. almost forgot that I'm posting on Ivory Tower Lane here at the "new!improved PC!" Patsfans.com

Sophomore in high school...teacher gave us Ullysses as one of our reading assignments...I think I got five or six pages in and ran out the house looking for the freakin' Cliff Notes. That was my first exposure to "stream of consciousness". Later on a couple of uncles went loony tunes and I reacquainted myself with the term intimately.

Giving Ulysses to high school sophomores is just retahded. Who they trying to impress? Kids ain't gettin' it. Give them the actual Odyssey, and explain to them all the monsters, and the war stories in the Iliad, are just set-up for the drama when O. gets home.

Work on that the entirety of Sophomore year, then spend Junior year on dramatic and literary forms. Then Senior year, read Ulysses. That's it, nothing else LOL.

I read the Iliad and the Odyssey when I was in grade school. Read Bullfinch's Mythology in the 4th grade. I had honors English in high school from freshman year...Henry James, Faulkner, Joyce etc in my sophomore year, contemporary writers as a junior and creative writing as a senior.Dozens of trips to Trinity Rep to see Shakespeare, year after year. English was a refuge from the terrors of advanced physics and calculus. There were eight guys in my class for the four years at LaSalle. When we had history class or language we joined general population. The other guys in the class were slow developers physically. I was a total hoodlum. One day in junior year I wanted to hang out with some buddies at Rocky Point Park in the afternoon. I talked my buddy Chris, a MENSA member, into making nitro in the morning chem lab. The brothers evacuated the school, called the bomb squad and gave us the rest of the day off. As they say, the rest is history.

>criticizes ageist stereotypes directed towards Boomers
The outhouse mirror never lies.

age·ism
/ˈājˌizəm/

Learn to pronounce

noun
noun: ageism; noun: agism
  1. prejudice or discrimination on the grounds of a person's age.
    "ageism in recruitment is an increasing problem"
Translate ageism to
Use over time for: ageism

Now show the search for vampires, which is also a word people use to describe something that doesn't actually exist

Giving Ulysses to high school sophomores is just retahded. Who they trying to impress? Kids ain't gettin' it. Give them the actual Odyssey, and explain to them all the monsters, and the war stories in the Iliad, are just set-up for the drama when O. gets home.

Work on that the entirety of Sophomore year, then spend Junior year on dramatic and literary forms. Then Senior year, read Ulysses. That's it, nothing else LOL.
I think if you take baby steps (Leaves of Grass, Absalom Absalom next, then Ulysses) you can get it done without certain madness at the Sophomore level. Alright, perhaps 1-2 students wind up in the sanitarium but it was likely to happen anyway, they're teenagers.

Now show the search for vampires, which is also a word people use to describe something that doesn't actually exist

You sound like the Head of a large Human Resources Department who is 35 years old.

I think if you take baby steps (Leaves of Grass, Absalom Absalom next, then Ulysses) you can get it done without certain madness at the Sophomore level. Alright, perhaps 1-2 students wind up in the sanitarium but it was likely to happen anyway, they're teenagers.

No, I think Ulysses is really too dependent on parody of other forms as well as specific works. If you don't know Molly Bloom is the inside-out Penelope of the 20th century, the whole finale (along with a lot of the rest of the novel) seems like nothing more than a straightforward anti-Semitic smear (and I'm still only so sure about that point... so, moot conversation. I'm not sure they'd teach Ulysses today anyway).

I read the Iliad and the Odyssey when I was in grade school. Read Bullfinch's Mythology in the 4th grade. I had honors English in high school from freshman year...Henry James, Faulkner, Joyce etc in my sophomore year, contemporary writers as a junior and creative writing as a senior.Dozens of trips to Trinity Rep to see Shakespeare, year after year. English was a refuge from the terrors of advanced physics and calculus. There were eight guys in my class for the four years at LaSalle. When we had history class or language we joined general population. The other guys in the class were slow developers physically. I was a total hoodlum. One day in junior year I wanted to hang out with some buddies at Rocky Point Park in the afternoon. I talked my buddy Chris, a MENSA member, into making nitro in the morning chem lab. The brothers evacuated the school, called the bomb squad and gave us the rest of the day off. As they say, the rest is history.

Congrats, but I've just returned to the Odyssey, and while the adventure story is good for kids, I'm not sure that such curriculum choices get across the more interesting themes. If you get down here, or if I'm ever mobile enough to get up there again, we can get eight beers and I can execute a core dump of what I mean by all that :)

I take it that the ole pulling the fire alarm trick was out of the question.

No, I think Ulysses is really too dependent on parody of other forms as well as specific works. If you don't know Molly Bloom is the inside-out Penelope of the 20th century, the whole finale (along with a lot of the rest of the novel) seems like nothing more than a straightforward anti-Semitic smear (and I'm still only so sure about that point... so, moot conversation. I'm not sure they'd teach Ulysses today anyway).
The journey is worth the challenge or the challenge is in the journey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back