PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran (again) - Are these Tom Brady's final days with the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tom leaves, do I follow Handsome Tom (the "Good"), Dreamy Jimmy (the "Bad") or Ugly Jethro (the " Ugly").

Ummm

Remember when Goober was yelling at his OL in that playoff game against us and we killed him for throwing his OL under the bus and not being a good leader?

Good times.

Being fiery on the field and sidelines is quite a bit different than opening your press conference with “I’m trying to be a good teammate here...but let’s just say we had some protection problems.” Maybe you are referring to a different game, since that wasn’t against the Patriots.

I don’t remember any Patriots player saying Brady is really easy to play for, due to his extreme competitive nature, but he’s also been almost universally liked, as even guys who leave the Patriots continue to gush about him. They pretty much all say they like him and also he’s such a competitive guy. Reminds me of a much nicer version of Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant. Manning would have been a better leader if he had gotten fiery at all on the sidelines rather than his passive aggressive whining to the press. I recall watching that Denver-Seattle Super Bowl on some mic’d up show, and he basically just sat there doing nothing, whereas you always see Brady rallying the offense and yelling that they need to step up.

A Patriots fan isn't necessarily a Brady fan and a Brady fan not necessarily a Patriots fan.

Some will just follow Brady to a potential different team or stop following the team once he retires.

Some will continue to root for the Patriots and also root for Brady (and hope it isn’t a Favre-like situation where he goes to a rival.) First Pats game I went to was around 1991, so I’ve certainly been a fan of the Patriots since before Brady arrived. This is a unique situation, though, if he goes to another team. I’m quite sure, for example, that Bulls fans were allowed to become temporary Wizards fans without feeling like their fandom was in question. Brady is a once-in-a-lifetime athlete who has given fans 20 years of incredible moments. This isn’t like switching your fandom to Ray Allen and the Heat. Let’s just hope he retires a Patriot, or goes to a team that isn’t hated by our fan base.

Again, the Vikings are not in the QB market, and won't be swapping a 31 year old averaging a 112 QB rating per game for a 43 year old - even if that 43 year old's grandma's cousin's pet beagle once lived in Minnesota.

The Vikings can get out of that horrendous contract ASAP. The fans and front office don't like the guy. It was a mistake.

Some will continue to root for the Patriots and also root for Brady (and hope it isn’t a Favre-like situation where he goes to a rival.)
That’s fine. I would expect I’d do the same.

However, don’t claim to be a Pats fan if you are rooting for Brady to beat the Pats, like several people in this thread said they would.

Kirk Cousins remains 7th in QB rankings

If Vikings fans don't like Cousins, it's probably because they are, for the most part, idiots.

It's about as impressive to me as Ken OBrien leading the league in QB rating. This is a very talented team that should be much better over the last 2 years but the QB comes up small in the biggest moments. Yes, he's much better this year coming off a season when he was labeled a bust, but the Vikings have an out on that $85m contract next year. They won't resign him.

The timing is off for Brady to go there next year but they'll be looking for a new QB with Cousins having just one year left (at $30 million!). I see it as a horrendous contract.

Last edited:
Brady goes to LA Chargers and they name McDaniels Head Coach.

Chargers send 2nd and 4th to Patriots for Edelman and the rights to Gronk.

Chargers:

QB: Brady
RB: Gordon, Ekler
WR: M. Williams, K. Allen, Edelman
TE: Gronk, H.Henry

That’s a damn fine offence

OK Boomer

Case in point: Brady's throw missed Dorsett by a mile in the end zone. Live, we all asked WTF was Brady seeing? How could he miss him by 10 feet on a key 3rd down? Then you look at the replay from all-22, you see Dorsett running the route, you see Dorsett hesitate almost to a full stop, and then you clearly see that Brady's throw would have hit him perfectly in stride for a TD if Dorsett hadn't broken off the route. What seemed 100% on Brady was 100% on the WR.

What ?

Lets start with the obvious. Yes Dorsett should have not stopped for a beat. I think we all agree on that. Buuuut..

The ball was out of Dorsett's range either way. Brady wasn't set properly when he threw the ball and it sailed on him. Look at his feet. And maybe more importantly Dorsett didn't hesitate before the ball was actually out of Brady's hand.

If the ball was a bit lower Dorsett would have easily made a play on it because despite the stop he was still in position to do so:

Screenshot-2019-12-06-at-12-25-41.png

What really prevented a TD was Brady not trusting Cannon's protection, trying to make sure there is no strip from behind and moving a step into the pocket instead of letting it go to an completely open Dorsett right here:
Screenshot-2019-12-06-at-12-20-51.png

Instead Brady had to take a step inside and then threw awkwardly and it affected accuracy.

This wasn't 100% on Dorsett, it wasn't 100% on Brady and also not 100% on Cannon. It was just another example of bad execution from multiple pieces at the same time.

I mean, let's wait for the damn season to be over before we figure out whether Tom's time in NE is over.

I'm tired of amateurs trying to point at his age to explain his play, his play to explain his receivers and line, their play to explain him, the front office to explain the personnel without regard to injuries and/or flu, injuries and/or flu, in a vacuum, to explain a ship that needs righting... wash, repeat.

It's a ship that needs righting, not one that's sinking.

The contract situation is what it is, but this year we seem chock full of locals wanting the "I said it first!!!" award du jour.

Well guess what, the ones who said it first said ship him out and start Jimmy G... that might have been the way to go, long term, but zero rings for Jimmy so far, multiple for Tom since that decision. Guys just dont get a prize now.

Okay that said, we'll watch and see whether it gets fixed. Hell, over in predict the score (not that I'm ever right) I said we lose bad, sorry, by our standards. A couple touchdowns. I don't think we "fix it" against the Chiefs. I do think 4 weeks from now isn't NOW, and I don't think there's any quit in anybody in Foxborough. They know better there.

I think the second season IS a season, they don't put you there and not let you practice or get the ball to play.

This could still be a good year for us. Just like we weren't going 16-0, seasons have dips in them. This can still be Tom Brady being a little more Batman than Superman, mortality and all. And Batman Brady might just end up with that seventh ring.

His deal is in flux while his "deal" (colloquially) is in flux. What does he look like to the team at the end of this year?

If what he has in front of him is the check-down, does he just take the check-down? Because if the downfield stuff is not there and he's making that decision, all our armchair stat quoting goes away, and we just become the death-by-a-million-cuts team that beats you and doesn't blow anybody out. That's a great team to have this defense with -- especially because a million cuts eat up clock.

Chiefs will be a good test. Win or lose, dare I ask? Close game or blowout, if we lose? Dare I ask... close game or statement blowout, if we win? It would be a huge bounceback game if we get unexpectedly good returns, but I see it as a pipedream right now...

But the big question is, where will we be in a month? And everybody can just stfu about "oh no oh my god if we dont fix it now we dont have HFA." Suck it up, buttercup. Neither did the Gintz in 2007. Evah.

Oh yeah right about Brady. Ax me in March.

I mean, let's wait for the damn season to be over before we figure out whether Tom's time in NE is over.

I'm tired of amateurs trying to point at his age to explain his play, his play to explain his receivers and line, their play to explain him, the front office to explain the personnel without regard to injuries and/or flu, injuries and/or flu, in a vacuum, to explain a ship that needs righting... wash, repeat.

It's a ship that needs righting, not one that's sinking.

The contract situation is what it is, but this year we seem chock full of locals wanting the "I said it first!!!" award du jour.

Well guess what, the ones who said it first said ship him out and start Jimmy G... that might have been the way to go, long term, but zero rings for Jimmy so far, multiple for Tom since that decision. Guys just dont get a prize now.

Okay that said, we'll watch and see whether it gets fixed. Hell, over in predict the score (not that I'm ever right) I said we lose bad, sorry, by our standards. A couple touchdowns. I don't think we "fix it" against the Chiefs. I do think 4 weeks from now isn't NOW, and I don't think there's any quit in anybody in Foxborough. They know better there.

I think the second season IS a season, they don't put you there and not let you practice or get the ball to play.

This could still be a good year for us. Just like we weren't going 16-0, seasons have dips in them. This can still be Tom Brady being a little more Batman than Superman, mortality and all. And Batman Brady might just end up with that seventh ring.

His deal is in flux while his "deal" (colloquially) is in flux. What does he look like to the team at the end of this year?

If what he has in front of him is the check-down, does he just take the check-down? Because if the downfield stuff is not there and he's making that decision, all our armchair stat quoting goes away, and we just become the death-by-a-million-cuts team that beats you and doesn't blow anybody out. That's a great team to have this defense with -- especially because a million cuts eat up clock.

Chiefs will be a good test. Win or lose, dare I ask? Close game or blowout, if we lose? Dare I ask... close game or statement blowout, if we win? It would be a huge bounceback game if we get unexpectedly good returns, but I see it as a pipedream right now...

But the big question is, where will we be in a month? And everybody can just stfu about "oh no oh my god if we dont fix it now we dont have HFA." Suck it up, buttercup. Neither did the Gintz in 2007. Evah.

Oh yeah right about Brady. Ax me in March.
I had the early afternoon to peruse this post.

My recollections of it after a small nap and a spiritual visit are that I was concerned about that seminal question, “Where will we be in a month?” It made me wonder if a month had passed while I was reading the post. But no, there was still time for the Pats and Ebenezer to correct their issues. We haven’t missed it. “God bless us, every one,” said Tiny PFInVA.

I had the early afternoon to peruse this post.

My recollections of it after a small nap and a spiritual visit are that I was concerned about that seminal question, “Where will we be in a month?” It made me wonder if a month had passed while I was reading the post. But no, there was still time for the Pats and Ebenezer to correct their issues. We haven’t missed it. “God bless us, every one,” said Tiny PFInVA.

I'm only quoting you because I just noticed your sig quotes Joyce, whose words carry more heft than those of RI Pats Fan. I've been thinking about Joyce since getting Odyssey-obsessed and realizing that it's all dactyllic hexameter, so a double dactyl like Malachi Mulligan (the real name of Buck Mulligan in Ulysses) would be perfect. "Higgledy piggledy, Malachi Mulligan, Hercules Mulligan" is a perfectly good line of Homer, as long as the next line doesn't rhyme with it. And Buck himself points out that his name is a double dactyl. Coincidence?

Oh. Nothing else about Brady. I just perused that post again. Speaking of the Odyssey, that wandered more than Odysseus AND the Israelites in the wilderness.

I will put a contract out on you forthwith if you even dare to contemplate ANY quotes from Joyce's "Ullysses"...

Didn’t Brady’s Dad say the Pats treat Tom like crap?

What’s with the “Ok Boomer” reference?
it's the latest pizzpunk ageist insult used by the ADHD "wired" generation...these feces eaters don't even comprehend their PARENTS are "boomers"....it's part and parcel of the CL Generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back