PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran (again) - Are these Tom Brady's final days with the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A TB12 clinic built right by the new $900 trillion stadium that services 2 NFL teams and near 2 NBA teams, 2 MLB teams, 2 MLS teams, 2 major universities and 1 hockey team would be a major brand boost don’t you think?

No, I don't.

I can see him retiring as much more likely.

The only fit I can see for him in other team is the Chargers who are tired of Rivers and is LA based. Let's remember Brady is a brand, he has a lot of business he is growing and his wife also needs to be somewhat close to a place like LA or NY. He's not moving to ****ing Detroit.

I see your point, but I think I vaguely remember that Brady might have close relatives in MN. I'll see what I can find. With their talent, etc., that could be enticing.

I don't understand why anyone thinks that Brady would want to go to LA. He was raised in NORTHERN California. The only West Coast team that would have any interest would be his boyhood team San Francisco, and they have a QB.

That’s a little naive. He used to live in L.A. and obviously a city that his wife would lots of contacts in. It’s also a huge market he could establish TB12 in. The Chargers have talent on both the offence and defense. There’s a lot reasons L.A would be an attractive market for him.

Here is some info--apparently very fond childhood memories of the place:

Tom Brady’s family roots run deep, strong in Minnesota

Read up on this MN connection---I have been (present tense) coming her my entire life, winters, summers.... he loves the place. I don't know what relatives he has there still, but I get the sense the Brady family is pretty tight (or the mom's side). And Thielen wouldn't be a bad Edelmanish type player--but younger and more downfield speed, if you want to use him that way. Hmmmm....

I don't understand why anyone thinks that Brady would want to go to LA. He was raised in NORTHERN California. The only West Coast team that would have any interest would be his boyhood team San Francisco, and they have a QB.

So you're saying trade Brady for Jimmy G straight up?

Should be, he needs to stay with the Pats but wined it down. Back up or he needs a backup.

Don’t want to think about that right now

Chargers? Meh. I would hate to see brady in another uniform. It would make me cringe.
Brady will have no success with the Chargers. If he chose to leave, I'd think Chicago would be an ideal destination since they've got a need at quarterback and a great defense.

Called this weeks ago, but none of you could see the writing on the wall and I got disliked to hell.

Kraft’s meddling with the personnel and cutting Brown, has spiraled into this and could very lead to Brady’s departure. The guy isn’t happy and hasn’t been since Week 3.

He’s literally talking about potentially leaving in interviews. How much more smoke do y’all need to detect fire?

Then this would be Antonio Brown's fault, not Kraft's.

At least as likely is that Brady would play for one year for $27M and then leave us with a $34M dead money hit, $61M for ONE year. If Brady comes back, it will be with another deal that is effectively one year.

In your example, there would be a $17M bonus and a $34M option bonus at the beginning of Year 2.

One more season of Brady is worth 61M and then some...even if he sucks. I can take a brutal season or even a few following Brady's eventual retirement in exchange for the privilege of watching as many snaps I can get.....

This thread is going to look very stupid a year from now.

Being a Charger does nothing for his brand. Being a Ram, maybe - maybe. No one in LA cares about the Chargers and that won't change even with Brady at quarterback.

Brady to LA? ****, that is practically in my backyard...I would absolutely care and probably buy tickets....and root a little bit....dunno man! But the point is that PEOPLE WOULD CARE EVEN IF THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CHARGERS.

Only one man can save this franchise and he is....

FE9FD8EB-198E-4D57-B577-9FBFB7561888.jpeg

Let’s face it, the Patriots made some really boneheaded moves starting from getting rid of Amendola last year, then they drafted a WR in the first that can’t even get separation, then they cut Thomas too early, they bring in AB who lit up the Dolphins in just a week being a Patriot and now Tom has to work miracles with bunch of useless JAG receivers that have no business being in the NFL except Jules.

The tight end position is literally non existent, might as well put an extra o-linemen to protect Brady because we have to have the worst TEs in the league.

This season is on Kraft and BB, not Brady.
You can’t hand Brady bunch of t* and expect him to turn it into gold.

The guy is in his last years and wants some weapons so he get this team to a SB again, this franchise has absolutely failed him.

Brady can’t keep working miracles every year

Did I mention our first round running back is a total bust? He just isn’t explosive.
White is a much better back than this guy, heck Rex runs harder than this guy.

I don’t blame Brady for wanting to leave this *** show.

Brady will have better luck with the Vikes or the Titans since they are very solid on both ends.

Even Brady won't move the needle for the Chargers. LA cares about the Lakers. That's about it. There are more Patriots fans living here now than either Chargers or Rams fans.
You’re forgetting the Dodgers. It’s really a Lakers-Dodgers town. Again, LA fans flock to who’s good. So if Brady left the Pats, those Pats fans living in LA probably won’t be fans if the Pats aren’t any good. The Clippers have transformed their franchise from the biggest joke in sports into a pretty decent brand gaining a lot more fans. However, they’ll always be the red headed step child to the Lakers.

The media would be all over the Chargers if Brady came to town leaving the Rams as an afterthought.

Let’s face it, the Patriots made some really boneheaded moves starting from getting rid of Amendola last year, then they drafted a WR in the first that can’t even get separation, then they cut Thomas too early, they bring in AB who lit up the Dolphins in just a week being a Patriot and now Tom has to work miracles with bunch of useless JAG receivers that have no business being in the NFL except Jules.

The tight end position is literally non existent, might as well put an extra o-linemen to protect Brady because we have to have the worst TEs in the league.

This season is on Kraft and BB, not Brady.
You can’t hand Brady bunch of t* and expect him to turn it into gold.

The guy is in his last years and wants some weapons so he get this team to a SB again, this franchise has absolutely failed him.

Brady can’t keep working miracles every year

Did I mention our first round running back is a total bust? He just isn’t explosive.
White is a much better back than this guy, heck Rex runs harder than this guy.

I don’t blame Brady for wanting to leave this *** show.

Brady will have better luck with the Vikes or the Titans since they are very solid on both ends.
Pats imploded for no reason in terms of depleting the skill positions for Brady.

If they are one and done 2009 or 2010 style, Brady is out!

I am 100% percent sure that Brady will retire a Patriot!
Hang up his cleats as a Patriot or sign a one-day contract with Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back