PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

C's vs Heat

Your game 6 was essentially a bizarro carbon copy of our game 5.

Except your game 5 was actually competitive until the end. :)
We never gained a lead in the entirety of game 6, partially because we sucked, but also because Lebron played lights out.

Can the Celtics overcome their anemic offense in game 7 and actually make a game of it? Will be a shame for them to go out [edited]without a fight[/edited].

-Jamman

Last edited:
Except your game 5 was actually competitive until the end. :)
We never gained a lead in the entirety of game 6, partially because we sucked, but also because Lebron played lights out.

Can the Celtics overcome their anemic offense in game 7 and actually make a game of it? Will be a shame for them to go out as chumps.

-Jamman

Chumps? Come on.

I'll allow you to rephrase that. I am sure that isn't what you meant.

But let me go off on that for a moment if it were.

The Miami Heat have been favorites - along with the Bulls - to represent the East in the finals all season. Again.

The Celtics are making a final run with their core, Avery Bradley, effectively their starting SG, is out for the playoffs with a shoulder injury; Allen is a shade of his former self battling with bone spurs; Paul Pierce has a sprained MCL; we have no legitimate 5 on the entire roster - and they would be "chumps" if they lose on Saturday?

What this team has done, just pushing this Miami team to the brink has been a remarkable success. And fans should feel privileged to watch these guys continue to be so competitive against age, mileage and injuries - a lot in thanks to Rondo carrying them.

I don't care if the C's lose 100-0 tomorrow nite. This season is a success. This post-season is a success. And the effort put forth by these guys has been legendary. They could've easily lost to the Hawks about a month ago at this point, and they're still playing, in spite of serious injury woes and real problems with the roster outside the big 4.

Last edited:
^^
Yeah, admittedly that was harsh. I edited my post. :)
And I would assent that they've exceeded my expectations this year.

-Jamman

Last edited:
Chumps? Come on.

I'll allow you to rephrase that. I am sure that isn't what you meant.

But let me go off on that for a moment if it were.

The Miami Heat have been favorites - along with the Bulls - to represent the East in the finals all season. Again.

The Celtics are making a final run with their core, Avery Bradley, effectively their starting SG, is out for the playoffs with a shoulder injury; Allen is a shade of his former self battling with bone spurs; Paul Pierce has a sprained MCL; we have no legitimate 5 on the entire roster - and they would be "chumps" if they lose on Saturday?

What this team has done, just pushing this Miami team to the brink has been a remarkable success. And fans should feel privileged to watch these guys continue to be so competitive against age, mileage and injuries - a lot in thanks to Rondo carrying them.

I don't care if the C's lose 100-0 tomorrow nite. This season is a success. This post-season is a success. And the effort put forth by these guys has been legendary. They could've easily lost to the Hawks about a month ago at this point, and they're still playing, in spite of serious injury woes and real problems with the roster outside the big 4.

I've gained an enormous amount of respect for the Celtics this series. Still don't particularly like them (Pierce and Garnett being why), but I do respect them.

I still can't believe the fans were chanting for 5 mins to end the game. And the players were nodding their heads to it. Hopefully it gives them some inspiration

I still can't believe the fans were chanting for 5 mins to end the game. And the players were nodding their heads to it. Hopefully it gives them some inspiration
how did your mri go? closed or open? they have new open mri machines now. very cool. i dont tolertae the closed ones like i used to.

how did your mri go? closed or open? they have new open mri machines now. very cool. i dont tolertae the closed ones like i used to.

All 4 of mine have been closed. Went well..but the nurse missed my vein 3 dam times for the contrast...i look like a drug addict with a tshirt on

I've gained an enormous amount of respect for the Celtics this series. Still don't particularly like them (Pierce and Garnett being why), but I do respect them.

This about sums up my experience with the Miami Heat as well.

This about sums up my experience with the Miami Heat as well.

On behalf of Celtics fans, I'd like to apologize for that jackass who threw his beer on Lebron at the end of the game. Sore loser....

-Jamman

Who here thinks the Celtics have a chance of winning this game?
I'd say a 30% chance, assuming none of the Heat stars get hot.

Hopefully they prove me wrong.

-jamman

Last edited:
What would happen if I say that I am a great New York Knicks fan ?

Maybe you can hate me :bricks:

Who here thinks the Celtics have a chance of winning this game?
I'd say a 30% chance, assuming none of the Heat stars get hot.

Hopefully they prove me wrong.

-jamman

I will say less than 30%...yesterday i thought they had a good chance..or a better chance..today..i feel as if it will be a blowout..but they have proved me wrong every game so far...so who knows..

i say 25% chance to win. If it's close at half..C's will be good...if it's anything over a 9 pt lead for heat..i think it's over

Oh and Kontra...how many people jumped on the Heat wagon in FLA when the got Bosh and Lebron? Not talking about the rest of the US..just fla

home teams have won 88-22 of game 7s or something so I give them less than 20 %. It would be miracle if they win this game.

Picture-1901.jpg

I just wonder if the fans chanting "let's go celtics" for 5 strait mins when they were getting blown out will help them or push them a little more

I think realistic odds for the game are:

60/40 .... Heat vs Celtics ... I think that is fair.

I just wonder if the fans chanting "let's go celtics" for 5 strait mins when they were getting blown out will help them or push them a little more

It was very cool but don't think those things really matter as its made out to be..

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back