PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Edelman be on the move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People here would hate that move, perhaps even me, but it does make sense on some level. White is approaching the age where running backs lose their effectiveness (although being a third down back could increase his longevity). By the time the rest of our roster gets back up to Super Bowl standards, he could be well into his 30s and past his usefulness.
I suspect BB may look at the coming draft class, plus the current roster and free agents, for possible replacements before he decides to trade any players, like White or Squirrel. So all those suggested deals will depend on how he sees the future. Next season, whenever it is, will certainly be his biggest challenge so far.

I love Jules. Because I do I wish he’d retire before he gets his bell rung any more times. I worry about CTE being in his future already.
Yeah I don’t want to see them run the same offense running him into the ground.

People here would hate that move, perhaps even me, but it does make sense on some level. White is approaching the age where running backs lose their effectiveness (although being a third down back could increase his longevity). By the time the rest of our roster gets back up to Super Bowl standards, he could be well into his 30s and past his usefulness.

Kevin Faulk played a major role to age 33, and then played two more years beyond that.

Kevin Faulk played a major role to age 33, and then played two more years beyond that.

That's who I had in mind when inserting that statement. Honorable mention to Sproles.

Squirrels are almost always on the move

I don’t pretend I’m Bill Belichick so I actually like some of the players and care about what happens to them

So you care how happy jules is more than you care about the Pat's ability to improve their team? Ok.

So you care how happy jules is more than you care about the Pat's ability to improve their team? Ok.

I guess

I think a crucial piece of several super bowls, a super bowl MVP and a fan favorite player should get to do what he wants. If that’s to play for Detroit than so be it.

if not, I’d rather him pick his destination than go somewhere he doesn’t want so Belichick can draft a 17th practice squad CB

Reactions: jal
I know Belichick is a clever innovator and strategist, but I think fielding a football team without a quarterback or any receivers might be a dicey approach.

Nothing would surprise me now that Brady is gone

There was a tweet out there yesterday that Edelman had "signed" with the Lions, as an April Fools joke. Obviously this is not possible since he is not a free agent. Perhaps Simmons saw that tweet and took it as fact, then re-stated it himself.

I know Belichick is a clever innovator and strategist, but I think fielding a football team without a quarterback or any receivers might be a dicey approach.

That would still likely be the case with Edelman on the roster. There were very long stretches last season where the offense was completely unable to sustain a drive, and that's with Brady and Edelman on the field. There really does come a point where you can't get much worse than you already are.

Our offense is so far from being a Brady or an Edelman away from competent. The whole team doesn't need to be blown up and rebuilt, but the offense does. Holding onto aging former Super Bowl MVPs solely because of past prodiction will only make fans happy. It doesn't necessarily translate to wins.

Makes sense as slot receivers don't generally do great if your QB isn't Tom Brady. At least he can go to a decent QB in Stafford.

Get at least a two.

Bill has signed the leadership in McCourty and Slate. Hightower is here thru this year. I would think that letting Jules and High go for good return is in the cards.

Sending Edelman to the Lions would be straight up disrespectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes