PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until this coronovirus thing, the economy was humming right along. Your boy Obama didn't have a clue. Really, what did he accomplish? Meanwhile, Trump's economic approval is at 63%.

And yet his pre-COVID approval rating is 42 percent. Have you ever taken a minute to think about why that is?

Can we all just learn to embrace the scum of politics and acknowledge that none of these guys/gals at the top are better than each other? They’re all populists who are doing exactly what they need to do to stay in power...and considering what that’s meant in modern history compared to the bloody history of the world, that’s not really a bad thing.

@denverpatsfan sorry to hear about your TP situation. I bought one standard size package and can mail you an extra roll or two if you PM me your address.

Don’t want any fellow Patriots fans walking around with poopy pants! That’s more of a Bills fan style.

Countries in Europe were late to realize this and are paying now, and the US has days to make a difference. Of course not testing people is one way to keep confirmed cases/deaths low - that's certainly a unique approach.

this is the perfect photo of the situation...

Is there a place where I can place a wager on whether or not at some point in the next six weeks that Belichick shows up to a workout for a Division II fullback wearing a full hazmat suit and holding a stopwatch?

Rainman Biden is screwed when this thing wanes.

He used a potential crisis for this country for his own gain.

A politician using a crisis for their own political expediency? Sounds familiar ...

Obama good.

Cornpop like.

What does cornpop mean? I know Biden said something about it but don’t know the full story...

The truth is painful.

Biden aint winning. No way he holds up when Ukraine and his Son returns.

I’m only lukewarm on Biden although obviously I’ll vote for him.

The corn pop video was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. When he started talking about how to sharpen razor blades on the curb I lost it. Maybe we can at least agree on that.

What does cornpop mean? I know Biden said something about it but don’t know the full story...

So funny to think that he’s gonna be our next President (if he survives until November).

Up until this coronovirus thing, the economy was humming right along. Your boy Obama didn't have a clue. Really, what did he accomplish? Meanwhile, Trump's economic approval is at 63%.
Oh come on. First of all, Obama is not "my boy." And second, crediting ANY president for economic conditions during his term is overrated aside possibly from peripheral tweaks via regulatory control/emergency executive action.

But if you want to insist on blaming Obama for whatever, here's some remedial reading for you on how he literally saved this country from a second Great Depression set in play by his Republican predecessor. And if you care to check, the economy was humming along pretty good through Obama's second term, carrying into 2016 and beyond.

Start here: https://www.usnews.com/opinion/deba...y-on-obamas-great-recession-economic-response

Quoting: "There's much more economic policy that could end up as Obama's legacy, including financial market reform, tax policy (allowing the high-end Bush tax cuts to sunset, making permanent the Recovery Act tax credits), and executive orders (higher minimum wages for federal workers, raising the overtime threshold). But as these are all starkly opposed by the Trump administration and the Republican Congress, their legacy is uncertain. Perhaps it's wishful thinking but at some point the hyper-partisan fever that has poisoned D.C. for years has to break. At that point, I predict the impact of the Recovery Act and Obamacare will begin to be viewed as lasting achievements from which future generations of policy makers will learn and Americans will benefit."

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Obama Saved Us From a Great Depression | RealClearMarkets

Obama Helped Avert Economic Collapse, but Full Recovery Is Distant - NYTimes.com

In Study, 2 Economists Say Intervention Helped Avert a 2nd Depression

I've seen a number of models. Best case, worst case etc.

I firmly believe the current rate of the virus spreading will slow down. Absolutely.

The problem is we don't have a baseline to prove I am right because a mass testing initiative is just getting off the ground.
So the models you've seen show this slowing down in a few weeks? Source please.

Agree it will slow down, ultimately, question is when.

Mass testing initiative is getting off the ground? Where? Source again. I don't see it with a total lack of available kits. If kits are available in a few weeks, is this also in line with spread slowing down in a few weeks?

So funny to think that he’s gonna be our next President (if he survives until November).

Lol! This dude is going to get pistol whipped by Trump.

I would strongly recommend that certain folks purchase N Acetyl Cysteine, which is available over-the-counter.
Where can you find this?

Oh come on. First of all, Obama is not "my boy." And second, crediting ANY president for economic conditions during his term is overrated aside possibly from peripheral tweaks via regulatory control/emergency executive action.

But if you want to insist on blaming Obama for whatever, here's some remedial reading for you on how he literally saved this country from a second Great Depression set in play by his Republican predecessor. And if you care to check, the economy was humming along pretty good through Obama's second term, carrying into 2016 and beyond.

Start here: https://www.usnews.com/opinion/deba...y-on-obamas-great-recession-economic-response

Quoting: "There's much more economic policy that could end up as Obama's legacy, including financial market reform, tax policy (allowing the high-end Bush tax cuts to sunset, making permanent the Recovery Act tax credits), and executive orders (higher minimum wages for federal workers, raising the overtime threshold). But as these are all starkly opposed by the Trump administration and the Republican Congress, their legacy is uncertain. Perhaps it's wishful thinking but at some point the hyper-partisan fever that has poisoned D.C. for years has to break. At that point, I predict the impact of the Recovery Act and Obamacare will begin to be viewed as lasting achievements from which future generations of policy makers will learn and Americans will benefit."

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Obama Saved Us From a Great Depression | RealClearMarkets

Obama Helped Avert Economic Collapse, but Full Recovery Is Distant - NYTimes.com

In Study, 2 Economists Say Intervention Helped Avert a 2nd Depression

I don't care about the economic data - ordinary people were not happy with Obama's economy in 2016.

Poll: More say Trump responsible for economy than Obama

So the models you've seen show this slowing down in a few weeks? Source please.

Agree it will slow down, ultimately, question is when.

I never said there were models based on my beliefs. I based it on my own belief and what we are doing. With that said the NY Times has some if/then modeling.

Mass testing initiative is getting off the ground? Where? Source again. I don't see it with a total lack of available kits. If kits are available in a few weeks, is this also in line with spread slowing down in a few weeks?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/13/coronavirus-latest-news/

Last edited:
Countries in Europe were late to realize this and are paying now, and the US has days to make a difference. Of course not testing people is one way to keep confirmed cases/deaths low - that's certainly a unique approach.
Huh, surprised the cynic in me didn't think about this before. I figured it was sheer incompetence, ignorance, or the other similar patterns and behaviors of trumpf.

Is it really possible there is a concerted effort to keep testing low to hide actual contagious numbers to score political points (because this is just the flu)? I mean this is the guy that thinks he's smarter than generals and doesn't believe in science. Wow, he's doing this on purpose isn't he.

And yet his pre-COVID approval rating is 42 percent. Have you ever taken a minute to think about why that is?
We know why that is: Because the media presents nothing but a barrage of non-stop negative coverage of the guy.

If the media treated Trump with the soft gloves they treated Obama with, he’d be in the 60’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST