PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bungled it here in the us. Ignored the seriousness for too long and refused to make testing available. Other countries are testing a lot more than us and its helped them get a handle on it. We still have no idea.

We dont have much space in our hospitals, I hope we are not too late in this social distancing effort, otherwise we are faulked.

A great portion of this board is oozing with TDS absolutists. You can't have a differing opinion or you must be down with the Donald. It's sickening to say the least.
"Absolutists," eh? Can't someone offer an objective observation on what you are intentionally blind to without being accused of suffering derangement syndrome? It's sickening to say the least. ;)

Last edited:
“Today’s emergency authorization is as historic as the outbreak it’s intended to contain. When MERS broke out in Saudi Arabia in June 2012, the FDA didn’t issue its first emergency use authorization for a diagnostic test until the following June. For Zika, it took about seven months after the virus exploded in Brazil. An FDA exemption took about the same amount of time following the devastating Ebola outbreak in West Africa in 2014.“
The US Fast-Tracked a Novel Coronavirus Test to Speed Up Diagnoses

Last three outbreaks took more than twice as long to get tests out. But you know, teevee said stuff.
Well, sadly, every other country in the world is having no trouble testing their citizens to a FAR higher level than we are.

True, a place with universal healthcare like China wouldn’t have problems with Coronvirus.

Yea way to really hit home on the point of my post.. You and Jangles are so "edgy", its like so cool to be anti-social and show no empathy whatsoever towards a very real situtaion

Yea way to really hit home on the point of my post.. You and Jangles are so "edgy", its like so cool to be anti-social and show no empathy whatsoever towards a very real situtaion

It is pretty sad that’s how it is. Probably back in 1919 there were plenty of the same assholes around, just nobody really heard them unless it was at the dinner table or at the local bar.

Different time, but still the same assholes. Rinse, repeat.

It seems to me the NBA is (once again) taking the lead by setting up a timeframe of 30 days before things get reevaluated. I'm not saying they are going to start back up in 30 days, just use that as the benchmark to make new decisions.

I am not exactly a basketball fan, but the NBA has really showed some leadership here. Why can't the NFL get leadership like that?

Adam explained it pretty well in a previous post

social distancing and all of these other methods being used to mitigate is to slow the transmission a bit to flatten the curve/rate of people getting it so that hospitals are not overwhelmed.. so lots of what they're doing will actually make this pandemic last for a longer period of time, but it will be more controlled and not create a massive spike in people all rushing to hospitals.. creaitng a massive public health crisis where hospitals are overwhelmed and unable to treat everyone... they will have to start making War time triage type decisions on who lives and dies.. Crazy you say? It's happening in Italy RIGHT NOW.

If there was ever a case to be made for universal healthcare, this is it. Some people don't even want to go to the doctors because they cant afford the massive medical bills, and can't afford to be put into a quarantine for 2+ weeks.. so they're not getting treatment and continuing to spread the virus
Italy, the country resorting to triage because of 1,153 serious cases of CV, has UHC..

Well, sadly, every other country in the world is having no trouble testing their citizens to a FAR higher level than we are.

Not true, as of two days ago the US has managed to jump ahead of Panama. Sadly, Vietnam has overtaken us, so still only 5th from the bottom, with a rate of tests 100x lower than South Korea or China. But no worry, the millions of tests will be here soon (maybe some may even make it to MGH, which had to diagnose COVID-19 by testing and ruling out everything else).

"Absolutists," eh? Can't someone offer an objective observation on what you are intentionally blind to without being accused of suffering derangement syndrome? It's sickening to say the least. ;)

You haven't presented yourself as open-minded enough for a reasonable exchange of ideas. We won't agree = waste of time.

You're gonna have to update your sick burns, man. These days it's not a slam dunk insult if you try to say a woman isn't feminine or a dude isn't masculine.

Also - what is with the rampant, ignorant ugliness in this thread?

I try, very very hard to not draw assumptions about people's characters based on posts on a discussion board but some of you are proving to be, at the very least, possessed of some ****ty beliefs and attitudes.

Come on man. 1960's views are benign compared to some of the Jangly horse shyt flying around. And 1960 has been a fun poster over the years.

Italy, the country resorting to triage because of 1,153 serious cases of CV, has UHC..

So does South Korea, whats your point?

Just pointing to countries that have it and are suffering from this virus doesn't even remotely address the point I was making. 87 million americans don't have health insurance, and a lot of them will not go to a hospital because they won't be able to afford the bills associated with that.. and most people can't afford to be self-quarantined without pay

I'm not sure how you could reasonably argue that it doesn't create greater risk for stuff like this to spread and eventually overwhelm hospitals

Someone just posted the numbers of open hospital beds there are in the US, and how many are generally occupied from every day stuff... it wouldn't take much at all for US hospitals to be overwhelmed and resorting to triage too.

This is also the tip of the iceburg, it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better

They have more than 800 deaths, so surely more than 1153 serious cases. The most affected region has 16M people. How many spare ICU beds you think you could find in New York State or Pennsylvania, in the middle of flu season?

Maybe nobody told you that China has 1.4 BILLION people. You think that makes a difference?
So what you're saying is that a health care system that works well in one place might not necessarily work as well in a different place with a much larger population? hmmmmmm...........

Whuh huh? I'm supposed to answer for what some (unnamed) guest on some news station says? Saying one half of all Americans will get it is nothing short of fearmongering. Even the all-powerful Spanish Flu, one of the worst viral pandemics in the history of mankind, topped out at infecting roughly 1/3rd of people worldwide.

You don't think in this modern day and age we can do just a little bit better than Spanish flu?

I’m just checking in since we disagreed on this a few days ago.

I think we can avoid 30% of the country being infected if we take extreme measures. More extreme than the ones that have already been taken.

In reality, I think most people are gonna get this virus though.

You haven't presented yourself as open-minded enough for a reasonable exchange of ideas. We won't agree = waste of time.
Arguing with the mirror again? That's not what they mean by "social distancing."

Cornpop.Yes, Ive heard and seen all his insane videos. Old grandpa Bernie will nuke him if they debate. At least crazy Bern can express his plans and marxists point of view from beginning to end. Dementia Corpops handlers are trying to limit his exposure.
Meanwhile, in the real world ...

seated-fat-clown-1905_painter-pablo-picasso__80846__84673__25327.1566787732.jpg

Last edited:
That's because it doesn't begin until midnight tomorrow night.

There is no ban beginning for US citizens at all (and more than a dozen other exceptions listed on the order - you can read it).

They didn't have to do that. There is no ban on them.

Whuh huh? I'm supposed to answer for what some (unnamed) guest on some news station says? Saying one half of all Americans will get it is nothing short of fearmongering. Even the all-powerful Spanish Flu, one of the worst viral pandemics in the history of mankind, topped out at infecting roughly 1/3rd of people worldwide.

You don't think in this modern day and age we can do just a little bit better than Spanish flu?

it was actually Fauci (sp) .... it was a legit source and they actually said 75-150 million .... either number is crazy

So does South Korea, whats your point?

Just pointing to countries that have it and are suffering from this virus doesn't even remotely address the point I was making. 87 million americans don't have health insurance, and a lot of them will not go to a hospital because they won't be able to afford the bills associated with that.. and most people can't afford to be self-quarantined without pay

I'm not sure how you could reasonably argue that it doesn't create greater risk for stuff like this to spread and eventually overwhelm hospitals

Someone just posted the numbers of open hospital beds there are in the US, and how many are generally occupied from every day stuff... it wouldn't take much at all for US hospitals to be overwhelmed and resorting to triage too.

This is also the tip of the iceburg, it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better
That all sounds like a great case for free testing. Pandemic = UHC is more of a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes