PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops.. better go after those people trying to get laid off so they can go cash one $1200 check.

That's not what they are complaining about. They are complaining about that the unemployment bonus amount makes some workers WEEKLY checks more than what they'd make working.

$500 billion - slush fund for corporation, NSA.

$250 billion - SBL

$3.9 billion - checks to (theoretically) every American.

lol

Oh wow, I'm back. :rolleyes: Pulled the trigger a bit too rashly did we, bud? Thanks, whoever did that, for the thoughtful PM explaining why. Good stuff.

Just because this virus is longer lasting and very contagious doesn't mean it was created in a lab. A research lab in Wuhan enhances a conspiracy theory but it is much more than likely a coincidence.

Other viruses of the sort originated from an animal carrier. It makes plenty of sense that the same is the case here. That is the most likely explanation, and the scientists would agree on it. The virus being a bio-weapon is a far more attractive and interesting story but I'll take the word of scientists over pointing out there is a research lab and proceeding to connect the dot with no other evidence.

Beyond that I'm just thinking about it from the perspective of the Chinese government. Why would they be creating a kind of super flu? Using or thinking about using a biological weapon is not only inviting the rest of the world to begin developing and using biological weapons but also risking their own country given how contagious the disease is and how quickly it spreads across the entire world, not just a few enemy countries. There is also the question of how on Earth would such a virus accidentally escape from the lab? That's why I conclude it is extremely unlikely.

@Adam Seward clarified this for me in an earlier post. Given that it's China, this virus being concocted in a lab wouldn't surprise me, but I also saw a video of their market and it's pretty... uh... disgusting.

Oh wow, I'm back. :rolleyes: Pulled the trigger a bit too rashly did we, bud? Thanks, whoever did that, for the thoughtful PM explaining why. Good stuff.
You got Mosslost'd?

Dear Sirs or Madames,

Respectfully, I endeavour to elicit your opinions on the most harrowing current affair known as the Coronaviruse. It is with great anticipation that I greatly look forward to your discourse and shall bestow upon thou utmost appreciation for your viewpointe.

Respectfully,
Ice_Ice_Bradyeaux

That's not what they are complaining about. They are complaining about that the unemployment bonus amount makes some workers WEEKLY checks more than what they'd make working.

Lindsey Graham has a point here. Am I hurting the guy who works as my personal assistant by keeping him employed? He's safe, working at home, by the way.

If I lay him off, he'll make more than if I keep him employed? My situation is different - one person currently employed (and contractors), but what about the FedEx drivers, the supermarket employees?

It's a flaw n the otherwise, pretty good bill that can and should be easily fixed.

How long before we have the "fast" test for everyone? That is the real issue here. 1-week? 1-month? That's when we can really get a handle on it.

How long before we have the "fast" test for everyone? That is the real issue here. 1-week? 1-month? That's when we can really get a handle on it.

Not really that fast. It takes a long long time to create such a viable test.

Thought many countries have this and we are starting to build our own. Maybe not instant but a few hours rather than days?

Dear Sirs or Madames,

Respectfully, I endeavour to elicit your opinions on the most harrowing current affair known as the Coronaviruse. It is with great anticipation that I greatly look forward to your discourse and shall bestow upon thou utmost appreciation for your viewpointe.

Respectfully,
Ice_Ice_Bradyeaux

Hear ye, hear ye, My name is PFinVbury, and I present free thoughts on the proceedingsd of the continental coronaviruse...

Heed not the rabble
who scream "social distance"
They have not the Dow-Jones at heart

(Oh my gawd tear this dude apart)

It's only the old folks, on public assistance,
Don't let them cost you your job
This task force does not speak for me

(Tell Fauci)

They're playing a dangerous game
May DJT show you his mercy
For shame, for shame

I'm guessing they never tested her for it? HMPV?
Don't think so. First I had ever heard of it. Was just antibiotics and that was it. And the damn infection came back twice, including a week ago but its subsiding already (and she has been in self-isolation so not much concern it's corona).

Lindsey Graham has a point here. Am I hurting the guy who works as my personal assistant by keeping him employed? He's safe, working at home, by the way.

If I lay him off, he'll make more than if I keep him employed? My situation is different - one person currently employed (and contractors), but what about the FedEx drivers, the supermarket employees?

It's a flaw n the otherwise, pretty good bill that can and should be easily fixed.
Totally, why not let the government pay him more than you're paying him and save the payroll. Not good for the country, but every self-interested person who has been raped by taxes would/should do it.

Why can’t the president at least sound like Pence?

My ribbing aside, they should absolutely, positively NOT re-open the country by Easter.

Oh, and is there anyone who DOESN'T think that the Chinese created this bad boy in a lab, with the express intention of weaponizing it?

Rib away!

It's encouraging that you're thinking this through. If you have to take some political shots as you work your way to the truth, so be it.

As for the second sentence ... sometimes I don't get that American sense of humour. You ARE kidding, aren't you?

The bill is crap, but it needs to be passed for confidence building. Almost any decent economist could construct a better bill. I've talked with people on the total opposite side of the political spectrum as myself, and we came to a quick agreement of what can and should be done. But we're not politicians who represent the rich and powerful, so... the bill is cruddy. No one likes it.

Now pass it and stop complaining that someone will end up with $50 more a week than they deserve (whatever that means).

That being said, a lot of Senators are going to have to bite the bullet because this thing is getting no more than 60 votes, and plenty of others are going to act self-righteous at the expense of colleagues.

The Cleveland Clinic claimed it came up with a 1 hour test in 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back