PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and is there anyone who DOESN'T think that the Chinese created this bad boy in a lab, with the express intention of weaponizing it?
Yes. Well at least those who believe the most logical explanation which is unsanitary meat markets where dogs are being chopped up and people are handling virus carrying animals.

Not saying your belief is impossible, just far less likely. Biological warfare is a can of worms that no country today, outside of a rogue actor like North Korea would want to open.

My ribbing aside, they should absolutely, positively NOT re-open the country by Easter. That is a hilariously terrible idea. This was supposedly found on surfaces in a cruise ship 17 DAYS later. We need to be quarantined for at least another month and a half, otherwise it will have been all for nothing.

Oh, and is there anyone who DOESN'T think that the Chinese created this bad boy in a lab, with the express intention of weaponizing it?

Because so many scientists and virologists predicted it, some of them many years ago.

They were all beating on their drums and of course nobody was listening, except hollywood.

Ticking 'time bomb': Study predicted re-emergence of 'SARS-like virus' 13 years ago

A Warning From a Scientist Who Saw the Coronavirus Coming

This study predicted a coronavirus outbreak one year ago

That's their own fault. The government and the press have been saying to stay home for weeks now. Enter Gen Z 'tards who think they won't have another spring break ever again. Did you see that they have tested positive now? LMFAOOOOOO.

I don't want to link to the kid who took the coronavirus challenge and licked a public toilet, but yeah he's in the hospital now and can barely breathe.

Conspiracy theories aside.....some terrorist sitting at home in Abbottabad or wherever surely is thinking to himself, "It only took a bat soup to bring America to its knees"......

Yes. Wuhan is coincidentally an education hub what happens to have a BSL-4 lab however there is no scientific data showing abnormalities in the RNA, SARS-COV-2 very close matches to the virus found in bats and pangolins in the wild. The most effective portion of the virus, the spike protein, is beyond human creation at this point. From what is known about it, the technology doesnt exist to create what it has mutated to.

Yes. Well at least those who believe the most logical explanation which is unsanitary meat markets where dogs are being chopped up and people are handling virus carrying animals.

Not saying your belief is impossible, just far less likely.

Maybe aliens, too? Kidding. Why is it less likely? This thing is powerful, longer-lasting than any virus we know of, and there is a research lab in Wuhan.

Not saying your belief is impossible, just far less likely. Biological warfare is a can of worms that no country today, outside of a rogue actor like North Korea would want to open.

Not to mention the fact that every country should be rethinking their supply chains and trade agreements right now. China needed this like a hole in the head.

Whoops.. better go after those people trying to get laid off so they can go cash one $1200 check.

No, no. Remember that Obama won the election twice. The president who was so divisive that he led people to vote for Trump. We have a LOT of idiots in this country.

He was divisive .... simply because he was black

So anyone who disagrees with your prediction is embarrassing themselves because you have a doctorate in chemistry and health sciences...what's that stench I'm smelling...elitism..

why do you guys hate knowledge so much?

Crazy, my mother had that months plus cough starting back in Nov/Dec. First time she's ever had pneumonia. Started feeling better but cough lasted forever.
I'm guessing they never tested her for it? HMPV?

Last edited:
Oh no, I didn't.

For example, NYC's number of cases are doubling every day. At some point, very soon, the health care system there is going to break down, and bodies are going to pile up in hallways. By April, we will run out of hospital beds, nationwide.

This is going to spill over into the media, with images and videos left and right- and this will trigger panic in the market, which triggers panic in the economy, resulting in more layoffs. This triggers panic everywhere else. This is the perfect definition of a force multiplier. And just when NYC passes its peak, Florida is going to blow up, and that's going to cause yet another chain reaction, and more states will follow, especially those that refuse to enforce stay-at-home.

This is not going to be a Tyson 1-2 round TKO, it's going to be the 14 round Thrilla in Manila, and we won't be back to normal for a full year or two.

I'd love to be wrong about all this.
Here we go:
Why the Stock Market Hasn’t Hit Bottom and Could Fall Another 35%

Im hedging my equities with T notes (40/60) and plan to dollar cost average the SP500 to the bottom. Very ready for the hammer to drop.

Not that I want that to happen, but I fully expect it.
No question.

Not sure if it's already been posted, but Karl-Anthony Town's mom is in a coma from COVID.

Sad stuff.

Maybe aliens, too? Kidding. Why is it less likely? This thing is powerful, longer-lasting than any virus we know of, and there is a research lab in Wuhan.
Just because this virus is longer lasting and very contagious doesn't mean it was created in a lab. A research lab in Wuhan enhances a conspiracy theory but it is much more than likely a coincidence.

Other viruses of the sort originated from an animal carrier. It makes plenty of sense that the same is the case here. That is the most likely explanation, and the scientists would agree on it. The virus being a bio-weapon is a far more attractive and interesting story but I'll take the word of scientists over pointing out there is a research lab and proceeding to connect the dot with no other evidence.

Beyond that I'm just thinking about it from the perspective of the Chinese government. Why would they be creating a kind of super flu? Using or thinking about using a biological weapon is not only inviting the rest of the world to begin developing and using biological weapons but also risking their own country given how contagious the disease is and how quickly it spreads across the entire world, not just a few enemy countries. There is also the question of how on Earth would such a virus accidentally escape from the lab? That's why I conclude it is extremely unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News