PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think if Trump told people penicillin cured infection, some people with infections would rather die than take it.

Good thing he doesn't think that.

Heart care and urology isn’t infectious diseases. A Doc was on F&M from Brigham who is an infectious disease guy. Said the malaria drug IS NOT working as good as people are being led to believe.

The single study that said (guy with hands at side palms up emoji) "meh it might work," once you looked at it, had really dismal findings. I mean it would be great but we've already got 2 dead self medicators, one here and one abroad, based on this silliness. That's why you do drug trials.

Never underestimate the ineptitude of a communist nation. Christ, the Soviets lied about Chernobyl and things could have been much different had they come clean. They were inept and moronic and it got thousands killed. Problem is most people can’t fathom how a communist government really works. They think China is just like us. They are not. I am leaning towards the natural occurrence until proven otherwise but damn I can’t shake the idea about the lab.

Is there any evidence?

That is very important when trying to prove an assertion.

I'm with your "leaning toward" my ownself. Looks like there's one big reason the think China cooked it up in the lab, and it's a psychological need not a data-driven case.

The single study that said (guy with hands at side palms up emoji) "meh it might work," once you looked at it, had really dismal findings. I mean it would be great but we've already got 2 dead self medicators, one here and one abroad, based on this silliness. That's why you do drug trials.

Bingo. I get it people are tired of this already. No bars. No restaurants. No FUN. F it, maybe for us ex .mil guys this “downtime” is actually quite relaxing lol. This is why I am not jumping at every report about some blah blah test or blah blab drug. It usually takes between 12-18 months for a vaccine I believe. **** needs to be tested, tested and tested again. You do this because you don’t want people to die in 5 years just because you rushed a drug now.

I don’t believe anything coming out that isn’t precisely tested under a control group. Even the malaria drug isn’t proving to the cure all the Prez hinted it would be.

Again, under promise, over deliver. That message seems to be lost on the Prez and many others.

He never said it was a cure. He clearly stated that it showed promise. As have many, many medical doctors. The ability for so many people who seem to be otherwise rational people to become so irrational when it comes to the President is mind boggling. Folks will believe any headline.

Watch the actual press conferences, the guy makes a joke and the press deliberately presents it as his belief all the time. For instance the other night with Dr Birx, when he jokingly ran away from her after she stated she was tested and then ultimately was negative. The press presented it as if he didn't know she was tested. And people believed that.

Is there any evidence?

That is very important when trying to prove an assertion.

I'm with your "leaning toward" my ownself. Looks like there's one big reason the think China cooked it up in the lab, and it's a psychological need not a data-driven case.

Well I’m not in an alphabet agency so I don’t have proof one way or the other. Just virus+lab+communist country are all to close for my comfort.

Bingo. I get it people are tired of this already. No bars. No restaurants. No FUN. F it, maybe for us ex .mil guys this “downtime” is actually quite relaxing lol. This is why I am not jumping at every report about some blah blah test or blah blab drug. It usually takes between 12-18 months for a vaccine I believe. **** needs to be tested, tested and tested again. You do this because you don’t want people to die in 5 years just because you rushed a drug now.

It's like - I'm sorry to point back toward 1 individual - but it's like POTUS throws out one random mass email or right wing bulletin board story, and a whole crapton of people run around trying to prove him right and talk it up, right or wrong... even when they know it's wrong.

Interesting to me that now that the people who were saying "why don't you call me when people are getting sick" "Why dont you call me when we have deaths" "why dont you call me at 100 deaths" "Why dont you call me at 1000 deaths" "Car crashes!"

...Wellll it seems that a significant chunk of them are now like "China did it!" "Hey maybe quinine water cures it!" "Have we tried drinking bleach yet?"

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm not going to start a rumor that certain male bodily fluids contain electrolytes and proteins that prevent contracting coronavirus. At least returning spring breakers can get one more thrill out of the trip.

He never said it was a cure. He clearly stated that it showed promise. As have many, many medical doctors. The ability for so many people who seem to be otherwise rational people to become so irrational when it comes to the President is mind boggling. Folks will believe any headline.

Watch the actual press conferences, the guy makes a joke and the press deliberately presents it as his belief all the time. For instance the other night with Dr Birx, when he jokingly ran away from her after she stated she was tested and then ultimately was negative. The press presented it as if he didn't know she was tested. And people believed that.

... have no idea wtf you're talking about, and I watch the "fake news" all the time. Sounds like your favorite outlets are SAYING that everybody is up in arms about this running away from Birx thing, and in reality it's a bit story on some local news station or something.

In your mind, do you think the president is honest? I am curious.

The press presented it as if he didn't know she was tested. And people believed that.
Without going into the in-depth politics, this situation does underscore why public figures should avoid sarcasm if they wish to get their message across.

Okay I love Pluto and it's great that some of you guys have stock tips for the end times and ****, but how disappointing that we're just accepting. I guess the choices are pretty limited. This week we'll easily make the fivefold increase to 1,500.

In local Alexandria news, anybody who was at Murphy's, the DC area's legendary Patriots bar, on 3/10 6pm -2am (3/11).... 3/14, 11a - 6p.... and 3/15, 10a - 6p... Alexandria.gov says self-quarantine immediately.

Thank God it's the off-season.

I did not watch the news today......I played with my dog......i polished off an entire bottle of wine....I’m going to go to bed

tomorrow, fresh sheets on the bed, and a nice long hot shower right before bed.....see how that feels

what else you going to do? I’m working from home and pretty busy, but the sky has been dark the last couple of days and there’s a ton of gloom......need to keep moving

stay well everyone......even you @TommyBrady12

That's great.

Now lets talk turkey. Have you seen any vehicles follow you home from groceries to steal your stuff like you warned us would happen?

He never said it was a cure. He clearly stated that it showed promise. As have many, many medical doctors. .

This isn't true. No reputable doctor would say that a drug has promise and might be available soon when there has only been only inclusive nonscientific test of 20 people. Reputable doctors are much more careful, and wouldn't say a drug has promise before a lot of testing.

If doctors or doctors organizations said what Trump did, they could very well be sued by the families of those who died because they listened to the nonsense.

... have no idea wtf you're talking about, and I watch the "fake news" all the time. Sounds like your favorite outlets are SAYING that everybody is up in arms about this running away from Birx thing, and in reality it's a bit story on some local news station or something.

In your mind, do you think the president is honest? I am curious.

************ my point exactly...I was simply using that as one example of how the media treats him.

I think he uses hyperbole, a lot and asking if a politician is honest might be the dumbest question I have ever read on here.

************ my point exactly...I was simply using that as one example of how the media treats him.

I think he uses hyperbole, a lot and asking if a politician is honest might be the dumbest question I have ever read on here.

it is how he treated the media...... no, it’s how he’s treated everyone who crosses him

he doesn’t deserve better

This isn't true. No reputable doctor would say that a drug has promise and might be available soon when there has only been only inclusive nonscientific test of 20 people.

I have watched many doctors over the past week on multiple news channels say this about the malaria drug and z pack combo. It is most definitely true. This isn't normal times, so to think doctors are not suspending their traditional conservative ways in regards to this is simply not true. Cuomo is touting it, a long with the Plasma anti-bodies filtering injections. The FDA is clearing all red tape and approving clinical trials on possible vaccines, cures etc..at a record pace for this.

You realize the dead self medicator didn’t use the actual drug? He injested aquarium cleaning chemicals.

Fearing coronavirus, Arizona man dies after taking a form of chloroquine used in aquariums - CNN

Of course, media coverage is all “Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine phosphate”!!! Trump was wrong!!!

Completely irresponsible journalism that could cost lives if it turns out the medication is even somewhat effective.

it is how he treated the media...... no, it’s how he’s treated everyone who crosses him

he doesn’t deserve better

I can't speak to people who crossed him...but to say the media is treating him this way in response to how he treats them is pure revisionist history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes