PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean Trumpers? @fightingirish595 clearly is more conservative in his party preference but is definitely not a Trumper. He’s been one of the most balanced and insightful contributors to this thread. He might vote for him, but he’s critical of Trump too.

I definitely have more views on the right side of the spectrum than the left which is why I tend to vote republican. Which is why I voted for trump and have said I probably will again. I vote for who I agree more on policy with. That’s just what I do

it sure as hell ain't my type

It's kind of strange really though of course I see how different we are as a society.
But the healthy surviving this is how we evolved in the first place.
We are actually fighting natural evolution ... but we really have no choice.

are medical advancements part of natural evolution?

how about minimizing the problem?

Not to take anything away from Cuomo, but creating a superficial, straw man choice between the "health of Americans" and the economy to justify a protracted total lock down isn't helping.

The health of Americans is directly implicated by a months long shutdown. A broken economy doesn't support the long term health of Americans. It's a more nuanced issue than that. What's needed is some outside the box solutions to protect BOTH, like people are raising in this thread (such as antibodies tests, quick result tests taken at the start of each work day, etc.)
If 20% of our population gets to sick to work, our economy is done anyway.

India just put entire country on strict lock down for 21 days...even their awful leader gets it..

India just LOCKED down their country of 1.3B people.

We need to do the same. The sooner we LOCK DOWN the sooner this is over, IMO.

Right now, I think it's a very real threat to the NFL season.

This could be a possibility...the problem is if you lock down the country you'll have massive unemployment. People won't have money to pay their rent, food, etc. I think this is what Trump is trying to avoid.

I definitely have more views on the right side of the spectrum than the left which is why I tend to vote republican. Which is why I voted for trump and have said I probably will again. I vote for who I agree more on policy with. That’s just what I do

tend? when did you vote democrat?

3tv0bq.jpg

This could be a possibility...the problem is if you lock down the country you'll have massive unemployment. People won't have money to pay their rent, food, etc. I think this is what Trump is trying to avoid.

Hence the purpose of the social safety net, concepts like UBI, etc.

Hence the purpose of the social safety net, concepts like UBI, etc.

No social safety net would prepare us for that...that's fantasy land.

So you're willing to sacrifice your Dad for the economy?
People like my father and I would have to continue living the way we are now. It wouldn’t change anything for us.

If you read The NY Times article, letting healthy & young return to normal life can kill off this virus. Doing what we’re doing won’t and it will crash our nation.

we can’t social distance for a year or more...thats just not an option

Take a quick look at your posting history, see if you notice the undercurrent of xenophobia flowing through it.

That’s not how this works. If your going to make claims of xenophobia, let’s see you provide the evidence before throwing around terms like that.

People like my father and I would have to continue living the way we are now. It wouldn’t change anything for us.

If you read The NY Times article, letting healthy & young return to normal life can kill off this virus. Doing what we’re doing won’t and it will crash our nation.

we can’t social distance for a year or more...thats just not an option
PP2....if you disagree, state your reasons. Also, counter the evidence in The NY Times article

Not to take anything away from Cuomo, but creating a superficial, straw man choice between the "health of Americans" and the economy to justify a protracted total lock down isn't helping.

The health of Americans is directly implicated by a months long shutdown. A broken economy doesn't support the long term health of Americans. It's a more nuanced issue than that. What's needed is some outside the box solutions to protect BOTH, like people are raising in this thread (such as antibodies tests, quick result tests taken at the start of each work day, etc.)
I saw his interview last night on CNN and he did not paint it as an either/or decision. He actually said that devising a solution to both protect the health of the citizens and allow people to go back to work ASAP is the value-add that government is supposed to provide. However, he makes it clear that health takes precedence so in lieu of having that functional solution, lockdown is the solution for now.

Regards,
Chris

Which is exactly why this is going to end up making the Great Depression look like child's play.

The virus is NOT going to go away by itself. It's only going to go away through massive testing and isolation.

So trying to revive the economy without dealing with the virus first, is like plugging a hole in the dam that has a gigantic crack growing in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes