PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coronavirus confirmed as a conspiracy to sabotage universal healthcare.

Lol ... UHC does a good enough job of sabotaging itself

The reality is that by leading with "just a hunch" he violates his responsibility to the job. The fact that he leads that way - by just saying whatever he feels that will serve him best - is by itself reason that he's unfit.
You're absolutely right. He should address the nation and say "holy crap, people! you're all going to die!! abandon ship!! you all are screwed and there's nothing anyone can do about it!!" </sarcasm>

BTW, I think Trump has it. You heard it here first.

What's the line? Someone in China made a gross soup and now people are losing billions?

Lol dude give it a rest. There are legitimate reasons to criticize the administration for how they have handled this / the lack of preparation for such a possibility. Spinning his words about mortality rates of the virus into medical advice if you are infected is not one of them .
LOL, dude. I'm not "spinning" anything, dude. Lol. Dude. o_O

Baloney.

And he didn't "ban travel" from anywhere - that's a talking point. AMERICAN carriers stopped flying from China, but Chinese carriers never slowed. Nor have any flights been banned from South Korea, Japan, etc.

It's not hindsight to say that the USA should have instituted testing and begun stocking up on millions of testing kits as soon as we learned of this (early January). That's not hindsight, it's protocol.

It's not hindsight to say that the White House Pandemic Response Team shouldn't have been canned.

The virus isn't Trump's fault, of course, and lots of people were going to get it because math.

The response, and lack thereof buck stops at one desk. He's so far over his ferret, he doesn't know what to do, and is surrounded by so much incompetence, he doesn't have anyone to hand it off to. The guests to whom you refer are almost always former pandemic response experts. Maybe the president should have been listening to them instead of saying, "We have 15 cases, soon to go to 0."

If he turned it over to Pence fully and just went to his golf club until it was over, we'd be better off.
partisan crap period.

The language we use is so important in shaping the actions that will be taken.

For example, some people are making assertions about the hysteria (over reaction) that's happening. I've been following this closely and haven't seen any over reaction from anyone. I've seen people talking about hysteria in order to try to manipulate public opinion but no actual evidence of hysteria. So let's be careful about accepting it just because someone said it and then it gets repeated on the airwaves as truth.

The Worst Outcome

only one side chooses ignorance as a strength........it is not the left

the rest of it falls in from there

case in point.....last night he calls for bipartisanship and the first thing he does this morning is bash schumer and pelosi.....so what exactly is his definition of partisanship?

Last edited:
Look it. I think Trump is a jerk almost every time he opens his mouth. He's mostly self serving and is devisive but aside from partisans automatically disagreeing with evry move he makes, pretty much no one took this as seriously as they should have. For cripes sakes he was slammed for banning travel from infected countries wasnt he? Hindsight is 20/20. Biden didn't have a solution either. Pretty much everyone was whisling past the graveyard and didn't understand the threat. I work at a hospital and they were too slow to react and prepare. Now they're scrambling. Tom Hanks doesnt have the virus because of Trump. Aside from germaphobes, how many of us didnt self limit our exposure because of Trump? I hate politics and coverage of it. CNN, MSNBC and Fox has panels of their guests evey night second guessing every word and move Trump or Trump's opponents say. Their agendas are crystal clear. So is yours.

completely absent from this line of thinking is whether trump actually deserves the criticism......and yes, he does.......the only thing trump has in common with his constituents is their hatred of the left.......and even there, trump is too much of a narcissist to care, but he sure knew how to draw out the most ignorant in our society. after 8 years of a black president, he knew exactly where to dog-whistle. he's turned the gop into a pack of lap dogs......they've all sold their souls without realizing that when trump is done, the gop is likely dead

Everything is getting cancelled today. No sports for some time it seems. What on earth will the talking heads talk about? I would be thrilled to see the debate shows go away.

I heard there is this new novel virus that came out of China...:p

The reality is that by leading with "just a hunch" he violates his responsibility to the job. The fact that he leads that way - by just saying whatever he feels that will serve him best - is by itself reason that he's unfit.

when he's wrong, he will either call it a hoax or blame pelosi

I mean statistically (up to this point) most casualties have been elderly populations/those with pre existing health conditions.

If we don’t do social distancing, tens of millions will die. But they won’t, since we will. Economies will be shut down to prevent deaths.

What else will we do?
Prediction, nine months from now there is a baby boom....
LOL. Good prediction. I also think people will find other things to do and spend their money on and some of the sports may be permanently damaged in the long run.

LOL. Good prediction. I also think people will find other things to do and spend their money on and some of the sports may be permanently damaged in the long run.
My prediction is cheaper in the short run .... then you get 18 or more years of costs......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents