PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At today's conference he was asked why he had not enacted the Defense act he authorized yesterday. He said it was up to the Governors to get their own supplies and equipment, that he wasn't a mail clerk.

I shyt you not. He said I'm not a mail clerk. WTF

This is the problem when you have a guy that doesn't believe in government and has zero experience trying to run things.

I worked for guys like him half my life. They have a problem they call a consultant or contractor to resolve it or fix it. You can't do that in government. You have to do it with your own forces, which requires having to work with the bureaucracy that he doesn't believe in. ***********.
Here's the entire quite on the "mail clerk"

"THE PRESIDENT: First of all, governors are supposed to be doing a lot of this work, and they are doing a lot of this work. The federal government is not supposed to be out there buying vast amounts of items and then shipping. You know, we’re not a shipping clerk. The governors are supposed to be — as with testing, the governors are supposed — are supposed to be doing it.

We’ll help out, and we’ll help out wherever we can. And we can buy in volume and, in some cases, great volume — with the masks, as an example, which were really a problem. We have helped out, and there are right now millions of masks being made. But this is really for the local governments, governors, and people within the state, depending on the way they divided it up. And they’ll do that, and they’re doing a very good job of it."

From today's press conference, he stated he had invoked it. Are you saying the quote below from the press conference is inaccurate? Go ahead check the transcript

"I also just invoked the Defense Production Act to help facilitate distribution of essential supplies if necessary. We’re working with Congress to provide major additional relief to the workers, small businesses, and the hardest-hit industries. We want to make sure that everybody is able to continue on so that when we recover, all of these companies and these great businesses — both very, very small and very, very large — are not going to be broken up and you’d have to put them back together. That would take a long time."

I think your mistake is believing anything Trump says

Trump Told Governors to Buy Own Virus Supplies, Then Outbid Them

Payton! That’s apparently where he likely got it.
I believe the timeline would have him already infected and going to the track likely spreading it to others.

Just for your knowledge: the track is closed to the public and he convinced Bill Parcels to get him in with the ownership group.
Parcels owns one of the horses that ran in the big race that day. Three Technique is the horses name and he is trying to get into the Derby and still needs a few more points.

I actually bumped into Parcels at Saratoga last summer and we asked about his horses and 3tech was running one of his first that day. Made some money on BPs tip.

California's governor says half his population could be infected in 8 weeks.

25 million people. Just in California.

See. If donny could have just kept that cruise offshore like he wanted, so the numbers didn't double, all would have been fine.

Moving beyond donny's ignorance, crap folks. Stay inside and be safe. This is going to really suck.
Newsom mentioned that Marshall...err, martial law (sorry, @QuantumMechanic) is on the table, too. Yikes.

Regards,
Chris

I agree. North Korea is telling the truth about no deaths from Corona-virus.
They executed everyone who had the nerve to catch the virus.
So technically, they are correct.
tumblr_n7mqcp7gBc1to382so8_r1_250.gifv

Regards,
Chris

Just listen to me on politics, I’m the only one who can lead us through this time

Your political postings are so biased and ignorant that they have the potential to be dangerous. If anyone believes a word of your ridiculousness, they are in trouble. Why is it so impossible for you to leave that **** at the door during a time like this?

Lol, dude you are so off base on your opinons, I rarely even bother reading your posts. It's really bad. Why do you even bother putting stuff out there?

Keep moving goal posts and you can be secure in your beliefs
No seriously I'm not insecure at all, but you seem to need a daily dose of orange man bad to get through the day. Good luck with that.

Dude will you shut up already? You make it sound like you’re enjoying the thought of it getting cancelled.
One more year to get Stidham ready

Were all going to die.

Watch this be the year that BB picks an absolute beast WR in the draft and I'm gong to miss it. Damn the bad luck.

It's not parsing. It's what he said. He was responding to the Dems criticism of his actions. Are you suggesting he created a task force about it, imposed a travel ban from Chine because of it in January and then in late February while all of those thins are still in place (and more) he decided to label it a hoax? That makes no sense at all. There's some legit criticism to be doled out, but labeling the virus a hoax is just factually not true.
I was watching that press briefing when h
Actually, he called the Dems critique of his response a hoax. Not the virus itself. He had already set up a task force on it by the end of January and they held a press conference about it. Not sure anyone from the press attended as they were all were all wrapped up in the impeachment hearings.
I was watching that press briefing when he mentioned the hoax. While he may have meant to refer to the Dems rather than the virus, it could have totally been taken either way. He was doing his typical obtuse manner of speaking where everyone has to guess what he really means, rather than make the effort to be clear. At the time I thought he was saying the virus was a hoax, then a few minutes later concluded he must've meant his critics creating a "hoax", which isn't even proper meaning of the word. Then the next day he clarified. Seen this 1000 times out of him.

Lol, dude you are so off base on your opinons, I rarely even bother reading your posts. It's really bad. Why do you even bother putting stuff out there?

You rarely read my posts, yet you're clicking on the disagree button as if it's going out of style?

rofl.gif

Now I know you're a liar, as well as being ignorant and politically ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back