PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the coronavirus task force and the Prez, it's more of the same: things are happening, tests being sent out, supplies being made available, treatments on going, everyone working together.

Reality on the ground: tests are not happening (not enough kits), labs don't have materials, nurses and Drs don't have protective gear, hospitals running out of supplies.

Ploy: attempt to distract people by blaming China and now accuse anyone that questions the Prez of siding with foreign Chinese propaganda against the US.

Not sure where this came from, did Tucker come up with this brilliant :rolleyes: strategy and talking points? Just here our own Tucker (@TommyBrady12) accused me of siding with China over the US, lmao.

Reality is initial response was lascidasical, virus was downplayed, bureaucracy was ineffective and inefficient causing critical delays of over a month that to this day continues. This was run like a Chinese fire drill and will result in thousands of more deaths that could've been avoided. There's no hiding from this.

Even Ilhan Omar disagrees with you...

Listening to the coronavirus task force and the Prez, it's more of the same: things are happening, tests being sent out, supplies being made available, treatments on going, everyone working together.

Reality on the ground: tests are not happening (not enough kits), labs don't have materials, nurses and Drs don't have protective gear, hospitals running out of supplies.

Ploy: attempt to distract people by blaming China and now accuse anyone that questions the Prez of siding with foreign Chinese propaganda against the US.

Not sure where this came from, did Tucker come up with this brilliant :rolleyes: strategy and talking points? Just here our own Tucker (@TommyBrady12) accused me of siding with China over the US, lmao.

Reality is initial response was lascidasical, virus was downplayed, bureaucracy was ineffective and inefficient causing critical delays of over a month that to this day continues. This was run like a Chinese fire drill and will result in thousands of more deaths that could've been avoided. There's no hiding from this.

I think you should start calling it a Covid fire drill to be politically correct.

Wuhan coronavirus death rate far lower than thought, with 1.4 percent mortality from COVID-19

The death rate is far, far lower than initially predicted. New peer reviewed study the biggest and best yet on death rate. 4% rate was way off.

This is too early to say. If treatment is available the death rate is low and possibly lower than the 1.4% you're posting. If hospitals become overwhelmed the death rate can become ten times higher or more.

That's the issue we're trying to avoid. The whole goal is to not overwhelm our medical system. Social distancing is to prevent everyone from getting sick at once.

The racists must be confused on how to react to this. Omar is not American, she is one of them bad Muslims her opinion shouldn’t count.

I think you should start calling it a Covid fire drill to be politically correct.
I am down. The question is, what's the drill for. What's next?

If hospitals become overwhelmed the death rate can become ten times higher or more.

That's the issue we're trying to avoid. The whole goal is to not overwhelm our medical system. Social distancing is to prevent everyone from getting sick at once.
Exactly
This is the right point

I didn't say anything about the stimulus package or response to economic crisis. My statement was about response to the virus that will lead to deaths, not how much $$ will be dished out to industries or people. I've already said it was shocking how much $$ conservatives are willing to dish out.

Pretty clear he and others are pulling for China over Trump. The fact people are citing statistics about how effective China is compared to the US is ridiculous considering they started the whole thing.

If there were statistics indicating the effectiveness of the U.S. response, I can assure you that those statistics would be cited.

The reason there are not statistics being posted indicating the effectiveness of the U.S. response is because the statistics that exist do not indicate effectiveness in any way, shape, or form.

You realize that life is complicated, nuanced, and layered, right?

One can hold that China botched their initial handling of this crisis and deserves blame for their misinformation campaign, yet simultaneously believe that their recent response appears effective.

Likewise, one can hold that the U.S. is not responsible for the initial outbreak, yet simultaneously believe that their initial handling of the crisis has been piss-poor.

And one can acknowledge the above facts without it making them a Chinese apologist or an un-American traitor.

It's okay to admit that Trump and his administration has screwed up their initial response; that's a fact born out by statistics.

This binary, black-and-white, all-or-nothing way of thinking is a plight.

Last edited:
Let s see also about aviation future...airlines are in a serious trouble...more then serious...

If there were statistics indicating the effectiveness of the U.S. response, I can assure you that those statistics would be cited.

The reason there are not statistics being posted indicating the effectiveness of the U.S. response is because the statistics that exist do not indicate effectiveness in any way, shape, or form.

One can hold that China botched their initially handling of this crisis and deserves blame for their misinformation campaign, yet simultaneously believe that their recent response appears effective.

Likewise, one can hold that the U.S. is not responsible for the initial outbreak, yet simultaneously believe that their initial handling of the crisis has been piss-poor.

And one can acknowledge the above facts without it making them a Chinese apologist or an un-American traitor.

It's okay to admit that Trump and his administration has screwed up their initial response; that's a fact born out by statistics.

You lost TommyBrady12 at "statistics"

I've had a bunch of emails with an old password in the subject title claiming they hacked my webcam and demanding payment...this one is new. He's going to infect my whole family with CornoaVirus.

Lol!

Ι κηow eνery dirτy litτle secreτ abοut yοur life. To ρrονe my pοiητ, τell me, dοes **** riηg αηy bell tο you? It wαs oηe οf yοur passwords.

Whaτ dο Ι kηow abouτ yοu?
Tο starτ with, Ι know αll οf your pαsswords. I αm aware οf your whereabouts, whaτ you eατ, with whοm yοu talκ, every lιtτle τhιηg you dο iη a dαy.

What am Ι cαpable of dοing?
If I wαnt, Ι could eνen ιnfecτ your whole fαmιly wιτh τhe CoronaVirus, reνeal αll οf your secreτs. There αre couηtless τhιngs I cαη do.

Whaτ should you dο?
You need τo ρay me $4000. Yοu'll mαke the ραymeητ vιa βιtcoiη το τhe below-meηtιοηed address. If you dοn'τ κnοw hοw to do thιs, seαrch "hοw τo buy bιτcoin" ιη Goοgle.

Βitcοin Address:
bc1quek56vhjz6fmflaert5czd2fwa0vqa204fwmc4
(Iτ is cAsE seηsitινe, sο cοpy αηd ραste ιt)

Yοu hαve 24 hours tο make the ραymenτ. I hανe a unιque pιxel wiτhin τhis emαιl message, and rιght nοw, Ι knοw that yοu hανe read thιs emαιl.

Ιf I do noτ geτ τhe ραymeητ:
I will ιnfecτ every member of your fαmιly wιth the CοrοnαVirus. Nο matter hοw smarτ you αre, belιeve me, ιf Ι wαηt to αffect, I cαη. I will alsο gο aheαd αηd reνeal yοur secrets. I will cοmρletely ruiη your life.

Nοneτheless, ιf I do get ραιd, Ι wιll erase every liττle infοrmατion I haνe αbouτ yοu immediaτely. You wιll never hear frοm me αgαin. It ιs α non-ηegotiαble offer, sο doη'τ waste my time and yοurs by reρlying to τhis emαιl.

Vladimir

A lot of the new data is sensible and positive. Lower rates in Korea and China. This means a projected end to this. IMO.

Ok, right there: STOP. Yes, it's awesome that there are lower rates in those places. No, I'm not rooting for the virus because I'm a orange bad man never trumper (I ****ing voted for this *******)

What you're missing is repeated models which show this thing coming in waves because of the exact sort of hollow optimism you're displaying. Rates of infection die down, people start feeling better, stop being aware of all of the buzzword activities like social distancing. States relax limitations, people who have been starved for activities start going back out again and get infected, spread it for 5 days and then we're back at square one for everyone who didn't get it and get over it the last time.

Unless one of the promising treatments like the malaria one prove to be a band-aid we are going to be dealing with this repeatedly until there is widespread vaccination.

One can hold that China botched their initial handling of this crisis and deserves blame for their misinformation campaign, yet simultaneously believe that their recent response appears effective.

You believe ststistics cited by the Chinese and take them for face value but continue to attack the Trump Administration. Got it. Democrats are so naive- they'd rather believe the BS coming out of China than a Republican led US Government.

China recasts itself as global coronavirus response leader as US, Europe struggle

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes