PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cordarrelle Patterson to the Bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im gonna miss him as a Running Back

He was so majestical. Running high, long strides, hair in the wind.... like an unicorn

Ill miss him
spice?

I'll really miss the guy. Excitement every time he touched the ball.

Reading this thread there seems to be a whole lot of hand wringing going on, kind of like sportstalk radio who are echoing the same concerns.. there is a plan out there by BB & his crew, and we will be fine by September..

BTW Sports Talk Radio, which I used to enjoy, has descended into some deep dark place with short term memories regarding the Pats success and how they have acted in previous March and Aprils....

Did Da Bears use this guy properly this year ?

At least he got some cash.

What were the terms of his Bears contract in terms of years?

Did Da Bears use this guy properly this year ?

At least he got some cash.
Still had a very good year as a KR. Wasnt used as much as a WR or RB

What were the terms of his Bears contract in terms of years?
2yr. Due ~$5.75m in 2020. If the Bears cut him they'd save 4.7m and only have $1 in dead $. Possible they let him go

2yr. Due ~$5.75m in 2020. If the Bears cut him they'd save 4.7m and only have $1 in dead $. Possible they let him go
I wonder if there'd be any mutual interest. I guess that would also hinge on Brady's decision probably, though Patterson seems like a mercenary who would go to the highest bidder.

I wonder if there'd be any mutual interest. I guess that would also hinge on Brady's decision probably.
Maybe but money is the ultimate determining factor.

Oh I'd say he's 100% being cut. That was one of the dumbest deals of the off season. No idea what the Bears envisioned he was going to do offensively.

Oh I'd say he's 100% being cut. That was one of the dumbest deals of the off season. No idea what the Bears envisioned he was going to do offensively.
No idea. A gross overpay.

No idea. A gross overpay.
Patterson couldn't sign that deal fast enough. Hopefully he comes back here, I think Bill will get him back when he's cut.

The Bears seemed to have no direction from their "offensive guru". Early on they seemed to try and let Trubisky be the focal point and when that didn't work they tried to run lots of gadget plays, then they tried to run the ball, then they kind of gave up.

BINGO. For all the people crapping on Dorsett?

Patterson 11 Rec 83 Yds 0 TD (2yrs/10 million)
Dorsett 28 Rec 347 Yds 5 TD (1 yr/2.6 million)

One offense has Tom Brady. One has Mitch Trubstinky

Dorsett has 7 catches since Halloween. Now isn't the time to be stumping for him.

One offense has Tom Brady. One has Mitch Trubstinky

Dorsett has 7 catches since Halloween. Now isn't the time to be stumping for him.

It is not the production but the money.

The Bears seemed to have no direction from their "offensive guru". Early on they seemed to try and let Trubisky be the focal point and when that didn't work they tried to run lots of gadget plays, then they tried to run the ball, then they kind of gave up.

They wanted to build around Trubisky, and they also let their most dependable running back go. Once Trubisky demonstrated that he's a terrible QB, they were screwed.

They wanted to build around Trubisky, and they also let their most dependable running back go. Once Trubisky demonstrated that he's a terrible QB, they were screwed.
Yeah their offseason was a mess. Let a good RB go and signed Mike Davis whom they had to cut in order to avoid paying the ridiculous contract they gave him. They tried to instead rely on a rookie and Tarik Cohen, who is a solid pass catcher but they thought was Tyreek Hill Light. Then they overpaid for another gadget special teamer in Patterson and but too much on a bad player in Trubisky.

Yeah their offseason was a mess. Let a good RB go and signed Mike Davis whom they had to cut in order to avoid paying the ridiculous contract they gave him. They tried to instead rely on a rookie and Tarik Cohen, who is a solid pass catcher but they thought was Tyreek Hill Light. Then they overpaid for another gadget special teamer in Patterson and but too much on a bad player in Trubisky.

Yeah, it was a brutal offseason. Ownership has got to be looking at whether to clean house after this. I can see an argument for giving the GM/HC/QB trio one more season, and I can see an argument for brooming the joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back