PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to know if that was a design play Flacco runs. Steve And Torrey Smith were masters of coming back for contact and drawing the pi. Such a cheap play.

Of course it was designed. Are we supposed to expect flacco to drive his offense down the field legitimately?

I was worried the Cooks trade would cost us a SB. The first rounder got hurt, Pats lose a very good WR and Rams gain one.

damn some of yall including OP are ridiculous

we don't pay top dollar for WRs, so we exchanged him...i bet you in a similar scenario BB will trade almost anyone for a 1st round pick if it means we get a 1st round pick for a guy who is about to end his rookie contract and will be looking (and worthy of receiving) big money later

cooks was the only thing going well for the rams offense yesterday, and it's a joke if ANYONE blames cooks for either the INT, which was a bad throw that cooks had ran past and was barely able to stop himself to fight for it, or for the WAY late almost TD that Jason broke up because of another horribly late throw...

that's bad Goff + our D, and has nothing to do with Cooks

Edit: ALSO, if our defense gives up just 14 points more, and we lose this SB 17-13, cooks likely gets the MVP, THEN we would all be saying about how much of a mistake it was to let him go and couldnt even crack 14 points in the SB

Always felt like his primary goal was to draw flags and not fight for the ball. That flag he drew on Gilmore was classic Cooks, turn back into the defender and get yourself tangled up with him to make it look like you're being mugged. Something very soccer-y about him.

He even said he was trying to get the DPI on the INT in his post-game interview.

At about 2:50 in "We gotta be better" - Cooks

Did Robert Woods get a catch last night? I don’t think I heard his name once.

We traded Cooks because of his price tag not because he couldn’t hack it. Edelman could have used a little more help yesterday. Obviously the risk of trading him turned out well as we were able to win without him.

But yes, poor guy having to lose two in row. The penguins and red wings played in back to back finals with the red wings winning the first and the penguins winning the second. There was a guy who changed teams from the penguins to the red wings and lost both.

Marian Hossa yep good call. Then he won 3 Cups with the Blackhawks. Maybe Cooks just needs to hitch his wagon to the right team??

Marian Hossa yep good call. Then he won 3 Cups with the Blackhawks. Maybe Cooks just needs to hitch his wagon to the right team??

It could’ve been us if not for that 80 mil extension or who knows how last year goes if he doesn’t knock himself out of the game.

2 catches off the top of my head including that toe drag that we could’ve challenged. Also outmuscled j jones on an outside route prior to the Gilmore INT

Thanks.

To me, Cooks still has impressive speed. But yes, speed isn't everything. On a side note, I was very disappointed with Hogan.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
damn some of yall including OP are ridiculous

we don't pay top dollar for WRs, so we exchanged him...i bet you in a similar scenario BB will trade almost anyone for a 1st round pick if it means we get a 1st round pick for a guy who is about to end his rookie contract and will be looking (and worthy of receiving) big money later

cooks was the only thing going well for the rams offense yesterday, and it's a joke if ANYONE blames cooks for either the INT, which was a bad throw that cooks had ran past and was barely able to stop himself to fight for it, or for the WAY late almost TD that Jason broke up because of another horribly late throw...

that's bad Goff + our D, and has nothing to do with Cooks

Edit: ALSO, if our defense gives up just 14 points more, and we lose this SB 17-13, cooks likely gets the MVP, THEN we would all be saying about how much of a mistake it was to let him go and couldnt even crack 14 points in the SB

A lot of good stuff here but one play I can’t get out of my head is how easily Harmon was able to break up that cooks touchdown. Cooks has to be able to maintain control throughout contact.

To me, Cooks still has impressive speed. But yes, speed isn't everything. On a side note, I was very disappointed with Hogan.

He gone. Unfortunately.

Hogan couldn’t get any sep. love what he’s done since coming here from buffalo but don’t think we’re resigning him unless it’s a team friendly short term deal. I won’t blame him for the Brady pick, that was a poor throw way too inside.

So was I, he was so good in the 2016 playoffs and had some big catches last year but he really declined this year. Good plays were rare. I don’t think he’s brought back

He didn’t hurdle anyone but that to me was as meh a 120 yard game as I’ve ever seen. I think other receivers would have beaten JMac to the catch for the TD.

Pats made the right call imo.

JMac made a hell of a play on a ball that should have been thrown earlier for a wide open TD. Blaming Cooks, in any way, for that incompletion is insane.

He got 25% of those yards on the last drive.

I'm really appreciative of Cooks dropping 2 TD catches and allowing Gilmore to get that easy INT.

Thanks Brandon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe