PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cooks traded to Rams for 23 overall pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think brady wants to win now. Interesting to see what they do now.

We dont need cooks. He was a huge reason we lost that superbowl with his boneheaded decisions that set the team back in points and confidence.

He was meh all year and I csnt even count the amount of times they aired it out to him and stalled a drive. He wasnt moss and they tried to make him so.

Of course Brady wants to win now. It's now or never mode for him. I assume two high defensive picks goes a long way to making sure our team in 2 years is set compared to not.

This is an amazing deal.

I both like and hate this trade. I like it because yeah, we got a good return for a potentially expensive WR. I hate it because why did we trade for Cooks in the first place? Seems like a waste of a move and draft picks really. 1st and 3rd for a slightly higher 1st and 6th essentially...

The Pats got 1,122 yards from scrimmage and 7 TDs for $1.56M.

Yeah, what a waste.

giphy.gif

Three observations.

1. Rams are building an All Star team. They're in the hunt for every marquee name out there.

2. Hard to get excited about this trade. We'll either end up drafting a bust or a good player that will only end up getting traded couple years down the road for nothing.

3. BB is doing a good job of trolling Brady so far."Force me to trade my guy Jimmy? Ok ok, i'm going to crap on you in more ways than one."

You really believe in dorsett and Mccarron? Dorsett just hasn't shown that ability. McCarron's an unknown. We might as well get defensive and start building a defense.

If Tom can lead a top offense with Reche Caldwell we'll be fine with Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, Dorsett, McCarron, Patterson and whoever else they bring in. Slot receivers can be found in the undrafted free agent ranks, Bernard Reedy is still out there driving cars for a living somewhere.

Last edited:
Cooks is going to get an obscene amount of money, this is about what they were unwilling to pay him.

Thats how you sustain success for nearly two decades in the NFL.

Last edited:
Well ****. i was wrong, other people were right.

When healthy, Mitchell is way underrated. He came up big against the Falcons. He is going to be very good, if healthy.

I wouldn't bet on it cause that's a BIG IF.

giphy.gif

Three observations.

1. Rams are building an All Star team. They're in the hunt for every marquee name out there.

2. Hard to get excited about this trade. We'll either end up drafting a bust or a good player that will only end up getting traded couple years down the road for nothing.

3. BB is doing a good job of trolling Brady so far."Force me to trade my guy Jimmy? Ok ok, i'm going to crap on you in more ways than one."

Three observations on your three observations:

1. While the Rams are building a "so-called" All-Star team, BB and the Patriots are retooling a roster to make yet, another run at the Superbowl.

2. Hard not to like this trade. The Pats never would've paid Cooks what he was looking for after this year and we just got back our 1st that we traded for him last year.

3. If you think BB is trolling Brady and "sour" about having to trade JG, then you haven't been paying attention and either don't know sh!t about the Patriots or just another troll.

giphy.gif

Three observations.

Yep, this is right in the nail head bro. This off season is so bad I can’t figure it. Why not just trade brady and gronk and Edelman too?

We dont need cooks. He was a huge reason we lost that superbowl with his boneheaded decisions that set the team back in points and confidence.

He was meh all year and I csnt even count the amount of times they aired it out to him and stalled a drive. He wasnt moss and they tried to make him so.

Of course Brady wants to win now. It's now or never mode for him. I assume two high defensive picks goes a long way to making sure our team in 2 years is set compared to not.

This is an amazing deal.

You're crazy. He came up big at times for brady. He was a deep threat as well. Guy came in and was instant production. He stared picking it up. Have only one consistent deep threat. Dorsett's too inconsistent and can't run routes.

We hardly knew him.

Three observations on your three observations:

1. While the Rams are building a "so-called" All-Star team, BB and the Patriots are retooling a roster to make yet, another run at the Superbowl.

2. Hard not to like this trade. The Pats never would've paid Cooks what he was looking for after this year and we just got back our 1st that we traded for him last year.

3. If you think BB is trolling Brady and "sour" about having to trade JG, then you haven't been paying attention and either don't know sh!t about the Patriots or just another troll.

Wow that's great we got our first rounder back. Good ****. I'm just not confident about A. Drafting a guy that's not going to be a bust and B. Drafting the right guy and keeping him and not trading him away for absolutely NOTHING.

2018 NFL Mock Draft | Tankathon

Dang. Talk about restocking a defense for years to come in that mock. That's with a stupid RB pick at 43 too.

Ronald Jones is going to be a beast in the league, he’s a little bit of Shady McCoy and Chris Johnson. But it’s probably not that big a need for us at that spot. Probably means we will probably do something like
That.

Love him as a player, hate to see him go, but the trade makes sense and they got a good return for him. They needed the draft capital so this puts them in much better shape going into the draft and creates more cap space for free agents,

The value of the picks they received from LA is slightly more than what they gave up to New Oleans to get him last year. That’s according to Jimmy Johnson’s chart. Seems about right to me. Nice move.

I do think this was a good trade for the Rams, too.

Cooks, Woods, and Kupp will make a sick trio for them.

Great trade. I liked Cooks, he got slagged on a little unfairly, but bottom-line: he played like a jackass in the Super Bowl, got K.O'.d, and the offense did just fine without him.

WR corps definitely a little ragged at the moment though.
That depends on Edelman's anterior cruciate ligament and Mitchell's knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes