Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which two teams are going to the Super Bowl 56?

• 49ers

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Rams

Votes: 41 73.2%
  • Bengals

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 41 73.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a quick comment on today's exciting playoff games. Extremely exciting but I think it's because the announcers are watching the games still as if it was the old NFL instead of basically the new-age XFL. It's like a 1995 Knicks fan watching TV of the 2015 Golden State Warriors play. Game has changed. Every passing record will be obliterated the next 20 years as QBs routinely average a 110 QB rating. DBs have no chance the way the game is called now. I think frantic back-and-forths where opposing offenses keep matching score for score will become a lot more common and less impossible-feeling.

I think the league has changed, and this weekend with so many back to back sequences was major evidence of it.

Home field, is overrated. See this weekend's games. I think people are sleeping on the bengals. There are no super teams this year. They are all evenly matched.

Rams seem stacked ??

Just a quick comment on today's exciting playoff games. Extremely exciting but I think it's because the announcers are watching the games still as if it was the old NFL instead of basically the new-age XFL. It's like a 1995 Knicks fan watching TV of the 2015 Golden State Warriors play. Game has changed. Every passing record will be obliterated the next 20 years as QBs routinely average a 110 QB rating. DBs have no chance the way the game is called now. I think frantic back-and-forths where opposing offenses keep matching score for score will become a lot more common and less impossible-feeling.

I think the league has changed, and this weekend with so many back to back sequences was major evidence of it.

It's why wins and championships must necessarily be the standard, not stats. Stat norms change. Competing to win against all the other teams...that difficulty level never changes.

LETS GOOOOO RAMENGALS

49ers winning is boring

If the Chiefs win, Ill hate the NFL for like whole 1 month

Every team in the league was flawed this season. But despite the madness this weekend, I’d be surprised if it isn’t LA-KC for the trophy. LA’s talent level is elite. If they avoid bonehead plays, they have a real shot.

Yeah, we know that. Everyone here knows that. You DIDNT know that? You actually thought he was a rookie? No wonder you’re spending all of your ****ing time here on a Patriots fan board instead of celebrating with the rest of the queefs fans. Either you’re senile, or don’t know **** about the league. Regardless, you have no reason to be here.
Yeah I forgot. Not a huge deal man.

I had Lawrence in my mind over something else.

Every team in the league was flawed this season. But despite the madness this weekend, I’d be surprised if it isn’t LA-KC for the trophy. LA’s talent level is elite. If they avoid bonehead plays, they have a real shot.
Pending LA-KC, what are the keys to Rams win? Keys to Chiefs win? In your opinion.

We had probably the best divisional round playoff games in the history of the NFL...all terrific games....going to be tough to beat that. I really don't like KC....will be rooting against them...yes, I'm a "hater". lol

Getting the feeling that we are going to see a rematch from two years ago.

I think the Bengals can hang with KC in KC, but I don’t think they’re quite there yet. Higgins will have to have the game of his life since I don’t see Spags giving Burrow enough time to look for Chase down the field. I think KC pulls that out at the end of the day.

The 49ers defense is legit. They’ve shut down both Dak and Rodgers and posted 10 sacks in two games. They’ll get after Stafford and they’ll actually commit to running the ball on the Rams. They’re a bad match-up for LA.

Pending LA-KC, what are the keys to Rams win? Keys to Chiefs win? In your opinion.
For KC :
*don't let Rams' DL wreck your game
*beware the super talent on the other side (your WR might seem open, but Ramsey... / you might think you have Kupp covered, but...)
*let Mahomes win it for you : stay close enough for the late game heroics

For LA :
*you have more talent at more positions, use it
*Higbee, Jefferson... they not being guarded by players who can handle them. Go to those guys.
*pray you get good Stafford, not "blow it because he thinks his arm can overcome anything" Stafford

For KC :
*don't let Rams' DL wreck your game
*beware the super talent on the other side (your WR might seem open, but Ramsey... / you might think you have Kupp covered, but...)
*let Mahomes win it for you : stay close enough for the late game heroics

For LA :
*you have more talent at more positions, use it
*Higbee, Jefferson... they not being guarded by players who can handle them. Go to those guys.
*pray you get good Stafford, not "blow it because he thinks his arm can overcome anything" Stafford
I agree.

Stafford is the key in all of this.

McVay has to let Stafford sling it. But there can't be mistakes. You do what got you here.

Re-thinking it, the Rams may very well beat them if good Stafford shows up. Or if Donald has the game of his life.

But I'm guessing Reid would plan around Donald.

I agree.

Stafford is the key in all of this.

McVay has to let Stafford sling it. But there can't be mistakes. You do what got you here.

Re-thinking it, the Rams may very well beat them if good Stafford shows up. Or if Donald has the game of his life.

But I'm guessing Reid would plan around Donald.
Can that KC OL handle guys like Floyd and Miller if they over compensate for Donald ? Can the KC defense handle those receiving options ? Who guards Kupp ? OBJ ? Jefferson ? Akers ? If you have three players watching the first three, I don't like KC's options for Akers out of the backfield.

LA is built to win now. LA/KC is easily the best matchup. Watch Sony go out and run for like 120 with a couple of scores. :rolleyes:

Hoping Rams can pull it out. I don't see Niners beating KC, but Rams at least have a decent shot at it.

Anybody but KC, please.

Anyone But Mahomes....

Both the Rams and SF have the defensive lines to make Mahomes life miserable.

Plus if the 49ers win the SB, it screws the Phins, as they own SF #1 pick, which can be no higher than #30 now.

I don’t see any way the Bengals beat the Chiefs again.

Last night was the Super Bowl, in my opinion.

Can that KC OL handle guys like Floyd and Miller if they over compensate for Donald ? Can the KC defense handle those receiving options ? Who guards Kupp ? OBJ ? Jefferson ? Akers ? If you have three players watching the first three, I don't like KC's options for Akers out of the backfield.
Question is whether Stafford can get them the ball consistently without making mistakes?

Both the Rams and SF have the defensive lines to make Mahomes life miserable.

Plus if the 49ers win the SB, it screws the Phins, as they own SF #1 pick, which can be no higher than #30 now.
SF's line matters not when Jimmy G is the 49ers QB. SB 54 proved this.

The only team who can legit beat KC are the Rams imo. Even they would be 6 point underdogs likely.

It's all about matchups I suppose. The Chiefs did put up 51 against the Rams in 2018. Rams won. But that probably means little to nothing now.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back