PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts players are practicing TD celebrations.....without a QB

Priorities people. They should be working on new special teams plays.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and defend Pagano for this one. It actually wasn't a terrible concept. The purpose of the play was to make it seem like they were bringing the offense back out in hopes of making the Pats panic and waste a timeout. If it works, cool you made them waste a timeout. If they don't fall for it, you just take the delay of game penalty and punt the ball. I don't think the plan was ever to actually snap the ball and run the play.

They need to be seriously concerned about their Qbs shoulder I mean no time table for a return 3 weeks before the season doesnt inspire confidence.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and defend Pagano for this one. It actually wasn't a terrible concept. The purpose of the play was to make it seem like they were bringing the offense back out in hopes of making the Pats panic and waste a timeout. If it works, cool you made them waste a timeout. If they don't fall for it, you just take the delay of game penalty and punt the ball. I don't think the plan was ever to actually snap the ball and run the play.
In theory yes, but it was clear they weren't prepared to run that play and it was especially bad because either the center or the QB wasn't even the guy who they designed the play for because one of them was injured and it was even more disorganized. None of the players were even close to lining up right for it to even have been a legitimate play.

Last edited:
Watching that play never gets old. It's like the Butt Fumble.
That moment was so surreal...did anyone else just assume there was a penalty or whistle? I was like "that obviously didn't count." And then....splat.

It wasn't supposed to be snapped but the guy who played "center" had never practiced that play and didn't know not to snap it.

You can defend Pagano's idea for the play but not its execution. He bungled that horribly.

Here's what happened on the Colts' horrible fake punt — the worst play in NFL history

Just for fun.

I used this link because it includes the call and an extended Collinsworth confusion and the Buttfumble as an added bonus

They know they won't be scoring many TDs, so gotta make em count.

"I don't think the plan was ever to actually snap the ball and run the play."

You're defending Pagano? Why didn't he:

1) Teach the players that the ball should NEVER be snapped in that situation?
2) Make sure to have the right personnel on the field for that play?

Sorry, Goose - - failing to take care of those two OBVIOUS coaching points for that play pretty much erases any possible defense of the guy..

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back