PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts players are practicing TD celebrations.....without a QB

"I don't think the plan was ever to actually snap the ball and run the play."

You're defending Pagano? Why didn't he:

1) Teach the players that the ball should NEVER be snapped in that situation?
2) Make sure to have the right personnel on the field for that play?

Sorry, Goose - - failing to take care of those two OBVIOUS coaching points for that play pretty much erases any possible defense of the guy..

I guess I'm defending the "concept" of the play and his reasoning behind it, not so much the execution of it and how he failed to coach the players properly for it

I guess I'm defending the "concept" of the play and his reasoning behind it, not so much the execution of it and how he failed to coach the players properly for it

OK, your first sentence didn't say that, but I appreciate the clarification.

OK, your first sentence didn't say that, but I appreciate the clarification.

Well it's the worst play of all time, arguably, but it should have never been a play to begin with according to him. Meh, it's all semantics I think you get my point and I don't wanna strain myself cleaning **** off the Colts windshield lol

"I don't think the plan was ever to actually snap the ball and run the play."

You're defending Pagano? Why didn't he:

1) Teach the players that the ball should NEVER be snapped in that situation?
2) Make sure to have the right personnel on the field for that play?

Sorry, Goose - - failing to take care of those two OBVIOUS coaching points for that play pretty much erases any possible defense of the guy..

The best part of the play is the penalty, in the ref's own words:

"Illegal formation. The whole right side of the line was not on the line of scrimmage."

I hate Collinsworth, but this was one of the perfect plays for him with his snarky attitude; him along with Michaels were just perfect when trying to describe and analyze the play. "What in the world?" You could tell they were trying hard not to burst out in laughter.

Classic Colts. Shedding their image as a "soft team" with a cat fight between a few thin-skinned players who try to avoid contact at all costs. Pagano being Pagano, everything is a huge positive...if a guy played with a hangnail and he would spin it into a major growth development by the team, now ready to compete against the big boys. I think I like watching the Colts implode even more than the Jets.

They continue to be the absolute softest team in the NFL. Reggie Wayne's scary experience in New England is all you need to know in case you had any doubts.

Colts fighting perception they aren’t physical enough

In theory yes, but it was clear they weren't prepared to run that play and it was especially bad because either the center or the QB wasn't even the guy who they designed the play for because one of them was injured and it was even more disorganized. None of the players were even close to lining up right for it to even have been a legitimate play.

It wasn't supposed to be snapped but the guy who played "center" had never practiced that play and didn't know not to snap it.

You can defend Pagano's idea for the play but not its execution. He bungled that horribly.

Here's what happened on the Colts' horrible fake punt — the worst play in NFL history
Then the charge becomes why didn't he tell the back up "center." You merely moved the hook Pagano is on.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back