PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Cole Strange-Welcome to the Pats

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Every year at draft time, I am prepared to be disappointed by the Pats draft and Yet every year I follow BCG, and all the other draft guys as they painstakingly pour through film and make suggestions that usually get me excited about who they will draft. And EVERY freakin year I get a list of new patriots who are virtually complete strangers to me and once again I've been fooled again. So welcome Cole ****ing strange some freaking OG from a school noone has heard of in a conference that probably shouldn't exist. No Daxon Hill. no Clemson CB, No Travis Jones. But a guard that I guarantee you won't be starting in september.
Call me on Sunday to let me know who else I won't care about with their next 8 picks. Because I don't give a ****.

This is a disgrace...and people wonder why the Pats couldn't get free agents to sign here this offseason. Bills methods are outdated and other AFC teams continue to improve while the Pats draft 6 year seniors who will be 24 years old at the start of the season......NO EXCUSES.....nobody wants to hear "he'll be a good player watch". Elite talent on the board and he takes a guy who could be had later in the draft.....this is too much like the Jordan Richards pick............."WHO???".

Last edited:
- one of the more aware and reactive players.i watched. Showed good patience but was always quick to ID pressure, handle manipulated pressure / pick up rushers. Whether it's pre snap or delayed he's very heady and again quick to react. Heads always moving but well aware of his original assignment. Never lost in space or under pressure.

plays with and maintains great technique on zone runs. Great job gaining position through contact or with his athleticism. Very quick to initiate contact and use his plus body control. Initiating first contact is always key in the trenches and he's great at punching first. Plus grip strength. Quick choppy feet are a plus here. Isn't the strongest guy in terms of core / raw strength.

Always brings the energy and fight.

Very efficient player in his movements and steps. Looks like an athlete but is a step ahead mentally most of the time in where he wants to go.

Big time potential with his lateral movement on stretch, screen, 2nd/3rd level. Quick, can move, locate. Great job working the best angles to get where he wants to go. This could be a sign we're moving to more zone stuff. He excels there.

Has to get stronger. Has to gain some core strength.

Possible C in a pinch.

Great job moving / pulling, locating targets, climbing to the second level. Can move vertically and laterally. He's textbook on combos same foot/hip/shoulder.

Definitely could be a little more nuanced in some areas but that's experience. He's a quick learner.

Has experience at T & C

Had a 3rd on him so this was a surprise for sure. Love the prospect but definitely a lot earlier than expected. He was on my PTP Board. Actually just brought him up. He tested out very highly, top 5 for what we like at IOL. 20220428_232304.png

This is a disgrace...and people wonder why the Pats couldn't get free agents to sign here this offseason. Bills methods are outdated and other AFC teams continue to improve while the Pats draft 6 year seniors who will be 24 years old at the start of the season......NO EXCUSES.....nobody wants to hear "he'll be a good player watch". Elite talent on the board and he takes a guy who could be had later in the draft.....this is too much like the Richard Jefferson pick............."WHO???".
Why do you care that he is 24. It is meaningless.

Perfect last name for this stupid pick "Strange" - The pick was so crap that the ONLY player not mentioned on the telecast or even had video of this guy was the Pats pick,every other player in the 1st round had video shown at least - Belichick continues his wacked out drafts..... no defensive player in the 1st round makes no sense to me - it used to be trust in Bill..Not so sure now

No issue with the player but the pick is just gross. I don't mind even if you reach slightly for him at 54 but you have to be cognisant of league wide value and ratings. No one was selecting him in the top 50 surely. Awful pick.

On the bright side, Ferentz's days could be numbered.
Ll Cool J Chris Odonnell GIF by CBS

Here’s the worst part- even if you believe the guy is going to be very good, you’ve got 2nd & 3rd round picks where he’d still be available. It’s poor draft management. Why spend a 1st when you can use a lower round pick? This is Jordan Richards deja vu.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back