PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coby Fleener Released...

Status
Not open for further replies.
he can't catch

Allen actually did catch very well during his three healthy years in Indy. He also did okay in the second half of last season (10 of 16 for 86 yds and a TD).

So, "can't" is fairly inaccurate.

"Didn't with the Pats in 2017, especially in the first half of the season," is more accurate. And we don't know yet how he'll do in OTAs and Camp. If he can return to the kind of production he had in Indy, he'll basically be a cheaper version of Bennett.

Good question, but I guess the answer is, there is nobody better out there right now (hard to believe, and yes I know the guy is a good blocker but he can't catch for shi-ite).

Could Allen's superior blocking abilities have raised in stock after us picking up Michel? I'm not saying it's 5m worth, but could having him bring some really interesting line blocking formations and second level blocking?

Could Allen's superior blocking abilities have raised in stock after us picking up Michel? I'm not saying it's 5m worth, but could having him bring some really interesting line blocking formations and second level blocking?

It seems likely that, once Solder and Fleming were gone, the value to the Pats of any very good blocking TE may have gone up a notch or two. And the value of RBs who are very good in pass-pro.

Draft Wynn may have helped the situation some, but we won't now for awhile yet.

Other teams trash is always our treasure...you ought to know that by now..

Not always, especially when it comes to concussion guys, you ought to know that by now. Shea McLellin ring a bell?

Not always, especially when it comes to concussion guys, you ought to know that by now. Shea McLellin ring a bell?

McClellin ... bells ringing.

Good one!

Being named coby fleener makes it impossible to be a good blocker or anything else that requires toughness

Right on cue ... the second round of reports about Fleener's release:

With those guarantee offsets, I think there’s a pretty good chance he’s playing for minimum salary and the Saints paying the difference. I’m not sure New England is the 2018 location to max out his 2019 free agent value, though.

Not sure why Allen hasn’t been released - Hollister might be the better TE at this point at a fraction of the cost.

With those guarantee offsets, I think there’s a pretty good chance he’s playing for minimum salary and the Saints paying the difference. I’m not sure New England is the 2018 location to max out his 2019 free agent value, though.

With the League dancing as fast as it can WRT CTE, head/cervical injuries, and player health generally, it seems to me that a guy who's had significant concussion issues, and who has been released on a "Failed Physical" six months after the injury occurred, may be considered unemployable by many teams now, if not most of them.

Not sure why Allen hasn’t been released - Hollister might be the better TE at this point at a fraction of the cost.

Hollister who? You mean Jake Hollister?

Better than Allen based on what?

The Pats really only had the one pick in the "middle rounds" - #143 in the 5th - and they spent it on an LB. It's possible that the Pats didn't see any greater value with the TE's who were available at that point than they did with Izzo. Probably saw greater value with Bentley.

The Pats really only had the one pick in the "middle rounds" - #143 in the 5th - and they spent it on an LB. It's possible that the Pats didn't see any greater value with the TE's who were available at that point than they did with Izzo. Probably saw greater value with Bentley.
and sam
It seems that we have a shot in one of these has a chance of winning a roster spot.

They seem as likely as any of the TE's. After all, we already had 3 prospects at TE: Hollister, Nicklas and Tye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes