PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coaching News: Browns to interview Mangini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we saw those too. On Sunday ;)

Favre has made some pretty bad decisions with his throws but I think the worst decision he's ever made was to come out of retirement to play for the Jets. :cool:

Any team that signs Mangini is throwing their money away. Mangini threw his players under the bus ... he did this is the media during his press conferences. Also ... lip readers also could see where he threw several players under the bus with his comments during the game.

Have any players risen to his defense since he was fired?

This man should never ever be considered to even be a units coach. I don't think he will ever again be respected by any NFL players.
Just my opinion but really why hire a guy who is not respected by players?

Any team that signs Mangini is throwing their money away. Mangini threw his players under the bus ... he did this is the media during his press conferences. Also ... lip readers also could see where he threw several players under the bus with his comments during the game.

Have any players risen to his defense since he was fired?

This man should never ever be considered to even be a units coach. I don't think he will ever again be respected by any NFL players.
Just my opinion but really why hire a guy who is not respected by players?

======================================================

Rhodes, Revis, Jones, etc. said yesterday that mangini was a great coach.
Coles might disagree.

After thinking about it, I think Mangini will take a year or 2 off and maybe just work for CBS or FOX for big money as talking head or color guy for SNF.

Mangini should just work for Fox untill the Giants job opens up next year.

Rhodes, Revis, Jones, etc. said yesterday that mangini was a great coach.
Coles might disagree.

After thinking about it, I think Mangini will take a year or 2 off and maybe just work for CBS or FOX for big money as talking head or color guy for SNF.

ironically Mangini made the same mistakes BB made in cleveland. BB tried to be parcells and it didnt fly. Mangini, calling out players in front of everyone when showing tapes , the principal office visits are all things BB does in NE on a regular basis. Even exp players like seau know when they make a dumb play they have made the infamous film session the next day . Mangini tried the same but it didnt work because too many older players and high money players and he himself hasnt had that cred yet.

Favre has made some pretty bad decisions with his throws but I think the worst decision he's ever made was to come out of retirement to play for the Jets. :cool:

really ? for 12mill and yr and when he knows he is untouchable and the media will always paint him a great player even if he throws 9 picks in the last 5 games. i dont think he cared really. he came to prove GB wrong..nothing else.

Man, you must hate the Giants more than we do! :eek:

Last edited:
I think Mangini's sentence has been served. Public derision, firing, etc...

Odds are those hard lessons have been good for him. Perhaps he'll do well, and I wouldn't begrudge him of it.

you obviously didnt grow up with the time honored tradition of holding a grudge forever. try it sometime, its quite fun!:rolleyes:

- FRITZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand