PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clemson tonight

kmac14

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Is Trevor Lawrence tanking for the Jets instead of the Jags?

Ohio State has completely controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

He’s been curb stomped in his last 2 post season games and should have lost the one before that.

No
Ohio State has completely controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.
Yes

Not surprised by what OSU is doing on offense. They've always had the talent and potential and got hot at the right time. Am a little surprised how they've handled Clemson's OL though.

I hate OSU with the burning hatred of a thousand suns...but that Fields dude is nails.
he’s really helped himself a tremendous amount. Talk to Fields « falling » might be a thing of the past.

Does anyone think playing fewer games gave OSU an advantage, less wear and tear from the season? Clemson just looked overmatched physically and speed-wise, which was surprising. If OSU manhandles Alabama I will be convinced that a 6 game season gave OSU a big advantage.

Bama -7
O/U 76.5

OSU impressed on both sides
Florida lit up Bama's D

Take the 7 pts

Does anyone think playing fewer games gave OSU an advantage, less wear and tear from the season? Clemson just looked overmatched physically and speed-wise, which was surprising. If OSU manhandles Alabama I will be convinced that a 6 game season gave OSU a big advantage.
I’ll be convinced that Ohio state is just that good.

Honestly, he doesn't come close to matching the hype for me.
He has not played under stress very often.
when he has he has been a different guy.
Last year in this same game he was not impressive. A few bad calls really decided that game. He was not good vs LSU. Last night sure he put some yards up in garbage time but when they pressured him he backpedalled and heaved throws off his back foot. He completed one on the first drive but it was as much a prayer as a great throw and the rest of the night pressure really affected his throws.
Sure that can be corrected but a lot his resume has been built against weak competition and in big games against good teams he has been “generational”

Last year in this same game he was not impressive. A few bad calls really decided that game. He was not good vs LSU. Last night sure he put some yards up in garbage time but when they pressured him he backpedalled and heaved throws off his back foot. He completed one on the first drive but it was as much a prayer as a great throw and the rest of the night pressure really affected his throws.
Sure that can be corrected but a lot his resume has been built against weak competition and in big games against good teams he has been “generational”
Lawrence is as close to a sure thing as you are going to get. Easy decision for Jax. I was very impressed by Fields though.

I hate OSU with the burning hatred of a thousand suns...but that Fields dude is nails.
Michigan man here, Fields is a stud, like him more than Lawrence. Saw him twist his knee up @michigan last season, came back 2 plays later and ran a naked bootleg and threw it across his body 35 yards for a touchdown. Kid is a stud

Does anyone think playing fewer games gave OSU an advantage, less wear and tear from the season?
No. It’s college football. Far, far less wear and tear per game. The games are spread out more and for a team like OSU, 75% of your regular season opponents are total creampuffs.

Honestly, he doesn't come close to matching the hype for me.
I feel the same way. The hype began when he beat Alabama 2 years ago. But since then all I have seen is a QB that got incredibly fat on the weak ACC opponents, then disappeared when he played the SEC or OSU.

Lawrence is as close to a sure thing as you are going to get. Easy decision for Jax. I was very impressed by Fields though.
We shall see. For my money the closet to a sure thing would be a guy who is at his best in big games.

The ACC championship wasn't a big game? Anyway, Clemson had much worse problems than the quarterback last night. OL did not protect him and their defense was horrible.

He did a lot of that backpedal throw off the back foot tonight.

I understand helmet to helmet hits being called. But that tackle by the Clemson LB should never been called targeting. That was just a hell of a tackle.
I don't want to see Fields or any other player get hurt. It does seem that they are taking great football plays out of football.
They should have ejected the OSU coach for letting Fields back in the game.

I understand helmet to helmet hits being called. But that tackle by the Clemson LB should never been called targeting. That was just a hell of a tackle.
I don't want to see Fields or any other player get hurt. It does seem that they are taking great football plays out of football.
They should have ejected the OSU coach for letting Fields back in the game.

targeting is the worst rule in sports today. And I agree he should’ve never been thrown out for that hit. There need to be different levels to this rule. The hit last night should be treated different than if he went helmet to helmet. (15 yarder at the most)

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back