PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CLE getting aggressive on BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeBron: MJ got Phil "Eleven Rings" Jackson. WTF. At least I can take out Brady's mastermind. Who is my coach again?

Learned not to hate LeBron and appreciate his greatness.

I like LeBron, he has been in the finals the last several years, he is a game changer.

I'd say LeBron coming back from 3-1 against the Warriors last year is comparable to what Brady did in the Super Bowl, considering with both they will be their absolute pinnacle moments (LeBron winning for Cleveland and Brady winning his fifth). That was a 73 win team, hobbled or not. Without LeBron, the Cavs are maybe a .500 team if even that.

I think Jordan is the GOAT, but have we ever considered he won all six rings with Scottie Pippen, a really good supporting cast, and a coach that went on to win 5 more championships with a different team? I sure have heard a lot of Brady deniers speak similar sentiments. LeBron was/is coached by Erik Spoelstra, Tyronn Lue, and some other scrubs who aren't even in the league right now. Is he the Peyton Manning of basketball? I don't think so...LeBron has shown up many times and proven to be at his best in the highest pressure situations, maybe not like Jordan, but who knows? His margin of error is zero with some of those teams he carried. Manning...completely lacks those moments tha make legends and turtle shelled like no other in the biggest games.

It's similar to the Brady argument where parity makes it harder to dominate and win every final, now matter how good one player is. Only difference is that Jordan is about as a high a bar as it gets, whereas Montana's accomplishments and place in history was not so insurmountable.

It's similar to the Brady argument where parity makes it harder to dominate and win every final, now matter how good one player is. Only difference is that Jordan is about as a high a bar as it gets, whereas Montana's accomplishments and place in history was not so insurmountable.

It's crazy how if Brady wins one more championship, he's tied with Jordan.

Six is a holy number in American sports.

It would be crazy because a football dynasty has no business having as many rings as a basketball dynasty.

Bill Russell won an absurd 11...but even in the modern era, Kareem also won 6; Magic, Duncan, and Kobe won 5.

In the NFL (not to discount Graham or Starr, but strictly the SB era), the only players to even win three are Brady, Montana, Bradshaw, and Aikman. If Brady wins number six, he has won twice as many as the fourth most winning SB QB ever (Aikman.) Even if he just makes the Super Bowl, he'll have as many Conference Championships as Montana and Bradshaw COMBINED. Note: Elway has five appearances but it is debatable if an appearance should count if you lose by more than three touchdowns...I mean, is that really an appearance?

Funny.

Via CSN New England, James said after the game that he slowed up because he noticed he was heading toward the five-time Super Bowl-winning coach.

“I’m not taking no legend out,” James said. “I’m not doing that. I need to keep seeing him win.”

The rest of Cleveland likely would disagree with those sentiments.

LeBron James nearly takes out Bill Belichick at Celtics game

If you think that's crazy, think about the fact that Bill Russell, the GOAT of the GOAT, has as many titles as Brady and Jordan combined.

If you think that's crazy, think about the fact that Bill Russell, the GOAT of the GOAT, has as many titles as Brady and Jordan combined.

+2 NCAA's Titles and an Olympic Gold Medal!!!!

Bill Russell doesn't get nearly the national acclaim today that he deserves. Before he came, the Celtics were also rans. He flicked the switch. He is simply The Greatest Winner in US Sports History. Hands down.

Remember during the playoffs when the "Hawt Takerz" were all talking about whether Aaron Rogers was the "Michael Jordan of the NFL"?

I felt that ridiculous. There is no real analogy between an NBA player - - who could far more easily take over a 5 on 5 game and any NFL football player, who plays 11 on 11 and is far more dependent on the choreography/blocking, etc - - not to mention a defensive squad that he nevers plays on (unless you are Troy brown/Julian Edelman). Let's face it, no QB is usually on the field for more than 40-45% of the plays in a game

The analogy is simply a waste of time - - but gets clicks.

However, winning-wise? I kept thinking "Tom Brady doesn't want to be Michael Jordan - - leave that silly analogy for others.

He wants to be BILL FREAKING RUSSELL!"

Last edited:
L
I'd say LeBron coming back from 3-1 against the Warriors last year is comparable to what Brady did in the Super Bowl, considering with both they will be their absolute pinnacle moments (LeBron winning for Cleveland and Brady winning his fifth). That was a 73 win team, hobbled or not. Without LeBron, the Cavs are maybe a .500 team if even that.

I think Jordan is the GOAT, but have we ever considered he won all six rings with Scottie Pippen, a really good supporting cast, and a coach that went on to win 5 more championships with a different team? I sure have heard a lot of Brady deniers speak similar sentiments. LeBron was/is coached by Erik Spoelstra, Tyronn Lue, and some other scrubs who aren't even in the league right now. Is he the Peyton Manning of basketball? I don't think so...LeBron has shown up many times and proven to be at his best in the highest pressure situations, maybe not like Jordan, but who knows? His margin of error is zero with some of those teams he carried. Manning...completely lacks those moments tha make legends and turtle shelled like no other in the biggest games.

LeBron has had every convenience sent his way in the NBA.

+2 NCAA's Titles and an Olympic Gold Medal!!!!

Bill Russell doesn't get nearly the national acclaim today that he deserves. Before he came, the Celtics were also rans. He flicked the switch. He is simply The Greatest Winner in US Sports History. Hands down.

Remember during the playoffs when the "Hawt Takerz" were all talking about whether Aaron Rogers was the "Michael Jordan of the NFL"?

I felt that ridiculous. There is no real analogy between an NBA player - - who could far more easily take over a 5 on 5 game and any NFL football player, who plays 11 on 11 and is far more dependent on the choreography/blocking, etc - - not to mention a defensive squad that he nevers plays on (unless you are Troy brown/Julian Edelman). Let's face it, no QB is usually on the field for more than 40-45% of the plays in a game

The analogy is simply a waste of time - - but gets clicks.

However, winning-wise? I kept thinking "Tom Brady doesn't want to be Michael Jordan - - leave that silly analogy for others.

He wants to be BILL FREAKING RUSSELL!"

the NBA was an 8- or 9-team league during most of russell's championship years. in addition, the celtics were usually the top seed in their division (meaning they got a first-round bye) so only had to play two best-of-7 series to win a title.

today's NBA is a 30-team league, and to win a championship you need to play four best-of-7 series. the accomplishments are just not comparable.

It would be crazy because a football dynasty has no business having as many rings as a basketball dynasty.

Bill Russell won an absurd 11...but even in the modern era, Kareem also won 6; Magic, Duncan, and Kobe won 5.

In the NFL (not to discount Graham or Starr, but strictly the SB era), the only players to even win three are Brady, Montana, Bradshaw, and Aikman. If Brady wins number six, he has won twice as many as the fourth most winning SB QB ever (Aikman.) Even if he just makes the Super Bowl, he'll have as many Conference Championships as Montana and Bradshaw COMBINED. Note: Elway has five appearances but it is debatable if an appearance should count if you lose by more than three touchdowns...I mean, is that really an appearance?

To be fair, though, there's only one winning QB in a Super Bowl, but five starters on an NBA team.

I don't understand the thread title.

The only thing I noticed was a very brief Linda Holliday sighting.
Glad I wasn't the only one confused. I watched the clip four times trying to make a connection. Lol

Could you hear BB in that clip, "we are gong to get the #1 overall pick from Cleveland for Jimmy, and we are going to make them throw you in too. Now that Bennett is leaving we need someone to play TE opposite to the Gronk"

the NBA was an 8- or 9-team league during most of russell's championship years. in addition, the celtics were usually the top seed in their division (meaning they got a first-round bye) so only had to play two best-of-7 series to win a title.

today's NBA is a 30-team league, and to win a championship you need to play four best-of-7 series. the accomplishments are just not comparable.

To repeat, I was not talking about degree of difficulty - - just amount of titles......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST