PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CLE getting aggressive on BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you hear BB in that clip, "we are gong to get the #1 overall pick from Cleveland for Jimmy, and we are going to make them throw you in too. Now that Bennett is leaving we need someone to play TE opposite to the Gronk"

Looking at the clip, he'd have to talk REALLY quickly.......:D

BTW, BB lounging around with Linda at a Celtics -CLEVELAND game last night is straight out Tony Soprano gangster messaging to the Browns front office.

"You think I'ma stressin' bout youse draggin' feet on the Garropolo deal?? Pahdin me while I stretch mah legs and rub Lebron's head on live tv for youse season ticket holdiz".

BTW, BB lounging around with Linda at a Celtics -CLEVELAND game last night is straight out Tony Soprano gangster messaging to the Browns front office.

"You think I'ma stressin' bout youse draggin' feet on the Garropolo deal?? Pahdin me while I stretch mah legs and rub Lebron's head on live tv for youse season ticket holdiz".

.......and if nothing is settled by March 12th, he and Linda will be in those very same seasts for the Bulls game! :p

Evil Farking Genius.........

I'd say LeBron coming back from 3-1 against the Warriors last year is comparable to what Brady did in the Super Bowl, considering with both they will be their absolute pinnacle moments (LeBron winning for Cleveland and Brady winning his fifth). That was a 73 win team, hobbled or not. Without LeBron, the Cavs are maybe a .500 team if even that.

I think Jordan is the GOAT, but have we ever considered he won all six rings with Scottie Pippen, a really good supporting cast, and a coach that went on to win 5 more championships with a different team? I sure have heard a lot of Brady deniers speak similar sentiments. LeBron was/is coached by Erik Spoelstra, Tyronn Lue, and some other scrubs who aren't even in the league right now. Is he the Peyton Manning of basketball? I don't think so...LeBron has shown up many times and proven to be at his best in the highest pressure situations, maybe not like Jordan, but who knows? His margin of error is zero with some of those teams he carried. Manning...completely lacks those moments tha make legends and turtle shelled like no other in the biggest games.

It's similar to the Brady argument where parity makes it harder to dominate and win every final, now matter how good one player is. Only difference is that Jordan is about as a high a bar as it gets, whereas Montana's accomplishments and place in history was not so insurmountable.

Lotta people like to forget that those Bulls teams squeaked into the playoffs with weak records (some losing if I remember) while LeBron had multiple years of winning records with his first Cavs stint and didn't make it to the playoffs. When he did bring arguably the worst team (ever) into the playoffs I want to say he made a run before Jordan ever did in his career.

LeBron has some time to surpass Jordan. It would be cool to see that happen. He's done more now than Jordan did at this point.

the NBA was an 8- or 9-team league during most of russell's championship years. in addition, the celtics were usually the top seed in their division (meaning they got a first-round bye) so only had to play two best-of-7 series to win a title.

today's NBA is a 30-team league, and to win a championship you need to play four best-of-7 series. the accomplishments are just not comparable.

There are just under 4 times as many teams now as there were during Russell's era. That means that the talent on each team is now watered down to 1/4 as strong. Russell's Celtics had much stronger and deeper teams to deal with.

Adding pancake teams to the playoffs in a diluted league to increase interest is not making the road to the finals more difficult, it's only making it a little longer. That's why teams can still make it to the finals for many years.

Bill Russell brought his team to the NBA finals his first ten years and won nine titles, including eight straight. Then in his last three years he led them to two more titles, the last on the road as the player/coach against a team with 3 HOF players.

The Celtics never made it to the finals in the years before Russell arrived and missed the playoffs entirely for two years and didn't get to the finals for another five after he left. There's a reason for that.

Lotta people like to forget that those Bulls teams squeaked into the playoffs with weak records (some losing if I remember) while LeBron had multiple years of winning records with his first Cavs stint and didn't make it to the playoffs. When he did bring arguably the worst team (ever) into the playoffs I want to say he made a run before Jordan ever did in his career.

LeBron has some time to surpass Jordan. It would be cool to see that happen. He's done more now than Jordan did at this point.
The Eastern Conference was deeper then than it is now. Celts , Sixers, Pistons, Hawks and Bucks seemed to always be above 50+ wins during the 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST