PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung, Flowers & Rowe out Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be what will make the Pats move on from him. Maybe even before the trade deadline if any of the rookies flash.
I know I'm in the minority but I don't think Rowe is THAT bad. In certain matchups hes very capable. However if he continues to play like he did on Sunday and can't stay healthy, maybe they need to move on...

I know I'm in the minority but I don't think Rowe is THAT bad. In certain matchups hes very capable. However if he continues to play like he did on Sunday and can't stay healthy, maybe they need to move on...

He’s not in the category of a Duane Starks when he was here. He’s just not that good. Mediocre would be a good word to describe him.

Duane Starks.....Jesus was he bad.

3rd pick for him too.

I don’t think to this day I’ve seen a corner of ours get beat on a more
consistent basis than starks.

You would think with the money we’re paying him. Hopefully his coverage is a lot tighter than what we saw last week.

Allowing 3 of 5 for 41 yards is a hella lot better than what Rowe did.

Allowing 3 of 5 for 41 yards is a hella lot better than what Rowe did.

Well if Rowe is the benchmark then yeah Harmon would’ve passed since we’re grading on a curve. I still have visions of Harmon getting abused by niles Paul last week. That shouldn’t happen.

He’s not in the category of a Duane Starks when he was here. He’s just not that good. Mediocre would be a good word to describe him.

Extremely inconsistent from play-to-play. When he's even available, which is only about half the time.

Optics. Not dressing a vet without an injury excuse sends the "doghouse" message to the rest of the team.

The message is between him and BB.

I could be wrong. Just a hunch

I mean, I don't think he was necessarily 'benched' against Jacksonville, I think he got hurt. Not that he played great beforehand, but it would make sense - and it's not like Rowe hasn't hurt his groin a million times before.

I don’t think to this day I’ve seen a corner of ours get beat on a more
consistent basis than starks.
Yeah since you mentioned him 15 minutes ago I've been going through the list and I'm coming up empty. Every CB is burnt now and then but he was torched consistently

I mean, I don't think he was necessarily 'benched' against Jacksonville, I think he got hurt. Not that he played great beforehand, but it would make sense - and it's not like Rowe hasn't hurt his groin a million times before.
Yeah but they put him back in.

Well if Rowe is the benchmark then yeah Harmon would’ve passed since we’re grading on a curve. I still have visions of Harmon getting abused by niles Paul last week. That shouldn’t happen.

Pretty much everybody in coverage got abused by somebody at one point or another.

Actually, except for the LBs. The four of them allowed 7 catches on 14 tgts for a total of 62 yards. And KVN got a pick (with an assist from JJ).

Pretty much everybody in coverage got abused by somebody at one point or another.

Actually, except for the LBs. The four of them allowed 7 catches on 14 tgts for a total of 62 yards. And KVN got a pick (with an assist from JJ).

Other than the moncrief score I thought Gilmore played very well. Johnathan Jones was good at times too.

I mean, they put Chung back in too, and he had a concussion.

I'm not trying to excuse Rowe's play, anything but - but I think he's legitimately hurt.
The Chung situation highlights how discombobulated the gameday concussion protocol is. What a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes