PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung cocaine indictment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Do we know if he is dealing (probably not)? Pats gave a second chance to Gordon, Harmon ... IMO they don't care about this little stuff, they see the big picture.
I was a little too premature in my assessment...I misread that he was arrested, which is different than an indictment. I hope he's not gone. :(

Damn NH doesn't play around...

7 yrs in jail vs. $2,000 fine? That's quite a spread, considering $2K can't even cover half of a mortgage payment in Massachusetts.

Most people don’t do coke like that.

Like which one? The spare time habit, the full blown addiction, or the weekend coke parties in the bathroom??

It’s even on the Drudge Report with “Patriots” in capital letters like it’s something newsworthy...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Why is there drama with this damn team every flippin season?! It would be nice to go a season without some sort of suspension or league drama. Who is next up for Chung? Do we have an heir apparent?

Somewhere on the FS1 set, Chris Carter is shaking his head.

Why is there drama with this damn team every flippin season?! It would be nice to go a season without some sort of suspension or league drama. Who is next up for Chung? Do we have an heir apparent?
The Patriots most likely have all of next offseason to find the player that would fill in for Chung during a potential 2020 suspension.

Not really, and even if someone like Obi one or Brooks were to take over, there’s no way they’re going to be able to wear all of his hats.

Luckily, jury selection and trial are not expected until next spring, and there’s a possibility that Chung was going to retire after 2019, anyway.

Ugh. Not good at all. Now receiver, safety, O-line depth, DL, and TE are a question mark headed into the season.

Not really, and even if someone like Obi one or Brooks were to take over, there’s no way they’re going to be able to wear all of his hats.

Luckily, jury selection and trial are not expected until next spring, and there’s a possibility that Chung was going to retire after 2019, anyway.

Unfortunately the league doesn't need hard proof in order to suspend a player. Chung could get 4 games regardless.

Like which one? The spare time habit, the full blown addiction, or the weekend coke parties in the bathroom??
Usually it’s just a bunch of guys that pick it up after a bar and take it back to someone’s house to talk about businesses they could set up and politics.

I see the persecution complex is beginning to rear its ugly head.

Last edited:

Drama happens throughout the league, year after year. We hear more about the Patriots, because they're the Patriots.

I think that these type of things happen with plenty of teams but the Pats get extra attention because they're special. They're the longest running dynasty in the history of the NYFL and the current defending champion. Who else are the mediots going to write about? The Jete?

As for Chung's replacement, if it ever gets to that, I stopped worrying about that type of stuff quite a few years ago. Belichick probably has it figured out already.

SS is arguably the least important position in this scheme. It use to have a role in covering TEs but the Pats outsourced that to Gilmore/Jackson in the playoffs. Gilmore blanketed Kelce in the 2nd half of the AFC Title & Jackson held Everett to a goose egg in the SB. The position is more of a quick LB in big dime. The defense didn’t miss a beat in the SB when he was out too.

Also, Terrance Brooks has looked pretty good this offseason. Given our DB depth & his age giving Chung a month vacation (suspension) & 1 million back in cap space isn’t the worst thing.
That's because BB and co know those "tight ends" are just big receivers. What happens when the defense faces the rare tight end who can block and catch, if that even exists?

Well there you have it. Obviously the cocaine was not Patrick Chung's. It was the dead drunk cigarette boater's. Case closed. Now everybody move along.

lol that ****s crazy. You're trying to do the impossible by finding the perfect aero balance so the boat has the least amount of water drag while having enough downforce to keep the boat from flipping with the total randomness of the water surface. Easily the most dangerous motorsport. ****ing crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News