PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Christian Gonzalez

Bill Belichick does it again. He continues the absolute roll he has been on in recent drafts.

antonio-banderas.gif
Way to stay on brand, my man.
Game Of Thrones Drinking GIF by Sky

Note the video has a tight camera shot, not showing everyone in the room, unlike other draft rooms shown last night where teams had 20-30 people in their draft rooms.

Can anyone identify these guys beyond Bill, Kraft and Barry?

its kind of blurry so i cant read it all, but Zappe's name is on the board in the background

looks like it says

137 - something something (Zappe)

1682694269083.png

1682694417362.png
2nd shot, i see Strange, Thornton and Jones

looks like maybe just notes from their previous years draft and where they got them?

Unofficial obviously (i have barmore and mills starting) but this defense is very deep and talented . The rebuild has gone well on this side of the ball, now gotta work on offense.View attachment 51030

Unofficial obviously (i have barmore and mills starting) but this defense is very deep and talented . The rebuild has gone well on this side of the ball, now gotta work on offense.View attachment 51030
Absolutely love that defense. Lots of talented guys.

The first by-line in the leaked Browns requisite manual written by Belichick on defensive backs is, (something to the effect of) “must be a fierce tackler”. The Patriots when they are at their best play a game of attrition. You cannot implement attrition without physicality.
I have to wonder if that's been their downfall for WRs (and maybe their last punter). I mean there are only so many Kerrigans who can survive strikes to the knees from the Gilloolys of the Pats organization. My worry about Witherspoon was whether or not he'd survive long term - 1st few years certainly, but that takes its toll, and he currently is dealing with a worrisome hamstring injury (although only previous injury is shoulder). At least with CG, (hopefully no jinx) he supposedly hasn't missed time due to injury which may perhaps be due to being smart /cautious about taking his shots, and just showing up close to 100% is crucial for a lot of these picks.

The biggest question is how much can the kid squat?

Dang 10.72 100m and 21.65 200m in HS for this kid (along with 22'4" LJ and 42'8.5" TJ). Not testing the shuttle and 3 cone is interesting. I can see them double dipping later with Brents (4.05 shuttle / 6.63 cone) if he drops to the 4th, which is not gonna happen.

I’m dumb founded that you are dumb founded lol
The 10% rule apply’s on this page every single day
Some people just like to *****
Sarcasm didn't come through as I hoped.

I have to wonder if that's been their downfall for WRs (and maybe their last punter). I mean there are only so many Kerrigans who can survive strikes to the knees from the Gilloolys of the Pats organization. My worry about Witherspoon was whether or not he'd survive long term - 1st few years certainly, but that takes its toll, and he currently is dealing with a worrisome hamstring injury (although only previous injury is shoulder). At least with CG, (hopefully no jinx) he supposedly hasn't missed time due to injury which may perhaps be due to being smart /cautious about taking his shots, and just showing up close to 100% is crucial for a lot of these picks.
That's actually a really good point re:durability and Witherspoon. People who are under 200 and play like missiles don't last long. Thanks for that perspective, man.

A ‘what’s not to be happy about?’ pick. One question though, surely covered somewhere, but wonder why even take the risk that he’d be scooped up before 17?

Obvious reason is they had others graded the same, or comparably, but wonder who would’ve been the pick if he was gone.

They had a bunch of needs so this pick isn’t surprising. Their CB’s were severely overmatched by the NFL’s best WR’s.

Now I’d like to see OT, WR and MLB.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back