PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Simms released by Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeke_Mowatt

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Over under for how many "sign Chris Simms" threads will start before the game Sunday is now at 13 (pre merging) ;)

well, one so far...

well, one so far...

Yeah, 'cause if he couldn't make it as a backup for the Titans, then he'll definitely be better than what we've got :rolleyes:

Over under for how many "sign Chris Simms" threads will start before the game Sunday is now at 13 (pre merging) ;)
By most accounts, Simms is a good guy. A near fatal spleen injury also ended his time as a potentially good QB. End of story.

Released? Bummer. That means the Panic Room Squad here can't bleat that BB should trade a Day One draft pick for the kid.

His spleen injury puts in perspective the physical risks these guys take every day, in practise and in games. My best wishes.

This is only because Vince Young came back to practice this week

By most accounts, Simms is a good guy. A near fatal spleen injury also ended his time as a potentially good QB. End of story.

I could look on wikipedia, but I figured I would ask here. What exactly is a spleen, and how come Chris Simms losing his has turned the poor kid into a traveling QB who can't find steady work?

I could look on wikipedia, but I figured I would ask here. What exactly is a spleen...
An abdominal organ that has a tendency for internal hemorrhaging whenever body trauma exceeds the equivalent of a hangnail. It is a highly sought after organ with trauma surgeons battling to see who can remove the most in the shortest amount of time.
...and how come Chris Simms losing his has turned the poor kid into a traveling QB who can't find steady work?
It's the loss of blood, which leads to lower blood pressure, which leads to the body's defence mechanism hoarding blood for the central organs, draining it from the extremities. Simms not only had the blood pulled from his rocket arm, turning it into a flacid noodle, but he also had the blood pulled from his legs leaving him lead footed and rubber legged.

You really have to feel for the kid, but heh, it could be worse: he could be noodle armed, rubber legged, and lead footed as the starter for the seriously doooooooommmmmmed NE Patriots.

Titans are going to the Super Bowl. Why do they need Chris Simms?

An abdominal organ that has a tendency for internal hemorrhaging whenever body trauma exceeds the equivalent of a hangnail. It is a highly sought after organ with trauma surgeons battling to see who can remove the most in the shortest amount of time.

PWP: Frakin' Hilarious!

It's the loss of blood, which leads to lower blood pressure, which leads to the body's defence mechanism hoarding blood for the central organs, draining it from the extremities. Simms not only had the blood pulled from his rocket arm, turning it into a flacid noodle, but he also had the blood pulled from his legs leaving him lead footed and rubber legged.

Only the truly sick and perverse might speculate just what other organ this flacidity could affect.

Last edited:

Before Sunday's game is not the concern, if there are a ton after the game - then we may have a real problem.

Only the truly sick and perverse might speculate just what other organ this flacidity could affect.
confused-smiley-17428.gif
confused-smiley-17434.gif
:eek: :nono:

Sorry about Simms injury, but the reason he won't come hereis he has never crossed the threshold of a quarterback who makes good decisions, either in college or the pros.

If he's healthy, he'll get a shot with a team that needs a qb for the future because of his physical gifts zand potential to mature.

The Patriots have a guy named Brady. If they need a vet, it's a guy who doesn't make mistakes and that ain't Simms.

Last edited:
wonder how he would have been doing if we picked him up after week 1

wonder how he would have been doing if we picked him up after week 1

Who would you CUT from the 53 to sign this dubious reclamation peoject, and for God's sake WHY???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes