PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Simms annual NFL Draft (2024) QB Rankings.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Chris Simms annual NFL Draft (2024) QB Rankings

2024 DRAFT QB Rankings

Say what you want about how he comes off very annoying like BUT the guy is absolute money (or as close as you can get) in regards to QB rankings. I checked all the way back to the 2018 draft and he's been alarmingly accurate. You might find some that were near misses but for the most part he's accurate. He absolutely NAILED the Josh Allen, Mayfield & Jackson draft EXACT. Check out his current podcast and post your opinions.

He’s a Pats hater and one of the ones that disrespected year after year. F’m and his rankings.
Yeah I felt the same but he's been alarmingly accurate in the past. He's bitter about the Pats. I wonder if it was a favor for his dad for a job through Bill. Think about it, he hasn't worked for many teams since. Brady probably blew him off while he was there so he takes every chance he gets to criticize Brady's talent which makes him look foolish and petty.

If you don’t feel like watching here are the primary names as he ranked them:

1. Caleb Williams
2. Jayden Daniels
3. Bo Nix
4. Michael Pennix Jr
5. JJ McCarthy
6. Drake Maye

Piping hot take with Nix at 3 and Maye at 6.

Last edited:

2024 DRAFT QB Rankings

Say what you want about how he comes off very annoying like BUT the guy is absolute money (or as close as you can get) in regards to QB rankings. I checked all the way back to the 2018 draft and he's been alarmingly accurate. You might find some that were near misses but for the most part he's accurate. He absolutely NAILED the Josh Allen, Mayfield & Jackson draft EXACT. Check out his current podcast and post your opinions.
Not watching a 2h video of Simms yelling at a guy sitting 3 feet away from him - what's the conclusion?

Edit: Thanks, @Kdo5

The #5 and #6 guys in his rankings also happen to be the two youngest in this group.

Maye seems to be a very polarizing prospect among the analysts. I’m thinking the Pats are most likely targeting Jayden Daniels if available. It will get really interesting if Daniels is selected at 2 and Wolfe isn’t sold on Maye.

He also said Zach Wilson was going to be a superstar.
But for the Zach Wilson pick he did predict Mahomes being a star along with Allen and Jackson. Overall he's been pretty close.

fake Maye account *disregard*

Last edited:
Maye seems to be a very polarizing prospect among the analysts. I’m thinking the Pats are going Jayden Daniels if available. It will really get interesting if Daniels is selected at 2.
The question, as it always has been, is the team's evaluation of the players available at 3. If they don't like Maye, the patriots won't draft him. It really is that simple.

The really hard part is whether we draft our man at 3, even if it isn't Maye. If not, how far are we willing to risk trading down? That depends on how many of the remaining QB's we have rating really highly, say top 6 or even 8. I think that there is a reasonable chance of having 5 QB's being picked by #8 (all but Penix). The really hard part is that we wany who the staff wants and not who is left at 8, or even 6. We played that game before and got our QB at 15 (we probably didn't really want to pay to move up for any that were available). Of course, in that draft, there was arguably only one franchise QB.

BOTTOM LINE
Who does the staff think are good prospects to be franchise QB's or even top 15 QB's? How many are there? And, the key issue, how many are still available at 3, and how many do we expect to be available at 5, 6 or 8.

And if we don't think that left at 3 are our franchise QB, then we will get what we can for the pick. IMO, we would, of course, make sure that we got a top starting OT as our first priority.

But for the Zach Wilson pick he did predict Mahomes being a star along with Allen and Jackson. Overall he's been pretty close.
probably better than most GM's. Yes, he has made mistake, but so has everyone else.

I like Nix in the later first to the 2nd round. I watched a lot of Oregon football and he was a lot more impressive than some give him credit for. Just can’t shake how good his back shoulder throws were as I’ve mentioned several times. He’s definitely not a top 10 pick because he has to show more with his reads and progressions. Also played in a pass heavy conference, but if for some reason they passed on qb and went wr or ot I’d be ok with the pick at 34. Really wish We could of seen him play vs a powerhouse like Georgia instead of Liberty in the bowl game.

I like Nix in the later first to the 2nd round. I watched a lot of Oregon football and he was a lot more impressive than some give him credit for. Just can’t shake how good his back shoulder throws were as I’ve mentioned several times. He’s definitely not a top 10 pick because he has to show more with his reads and progressions. Also played in a pass heavy conference, but if for some reason they passed on qb and went wr or ot I’d be ok with the pick at 34. Really wish We could of seen him play vs a powerhouse like Georgia instead of Liberty in the bowl game.
If we have good QB coaching, then they should be able to develop him over the year so that he will be ready for 2025. It is not at all clear that after a year, he won't comparable to Maye or McCarthy.

No talent assclown

2024 DRAFT QB Rankings

Yeah I felt the same but he's been alarmingly accurate in the past. He's bitter about the Pats. I wonder if it was a favor for his dad for a job through Bill. Think about it, he hasn't worked for many teams since. Brady probably blew him off while he was there so he takes every chance he gets to criticize Brady's talent which makes him look foolish and petty.

Didn't Sims have Zach Wilson as #1 in 2021 and Matt Corral as #1 in 2022? How is that "absolute money "? He had CJ Stroud as #1 in 2023 but so did tons of people - not exactly a lot of insight there - he didn't pick the 5'10" guy as the #1. So he picked Mahomes, Allen, and Jackson like 5 or 6 years ago?

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back