PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs Trade Marcus Peters to the Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016 was before they changed coaches, before Goff became good (or at least above average), and before the team took the next step. They were very good last year and sometimes great. By all accounts their whole culture changed since the new coaching staff came on. So yes, August of 2016 was a lifetime ago. My guess is any team on Hard Knocks will look like it includes "primadonnas". My advice to you is not to judge a team by what you see on HBO (lol).

Don't know how you can list their two best players and not say the word "Gurley". But you seem to be a football expert (at least you are always talking about how you are) so maybe you just know better than all of us.

Yeah I wasn’t going to nitpick but found that strange as well that gurley wasn’t mentioned with Donald and ogletree. Quinn and tremaine Johnson are no slouches as well.

The specific compensation of this trade is important, since it could provide a guideline for when Richard Sherman becomes a Patriot.

LOL.

Yeah I wasn’t going to nitpick but found that strange as well that gurley wasn’t mentioned with Donald and ogletree. Quinn and tremaine Johnson are no slouches as well.

Off course Quinn (saw him college numerous times and wanted BB to go for him, but we needed a LT) and Gurley are also great players as well. I am not going to go down the whole list. I already said they have loads of talent.

Yeah, he’s a bit immature. However, most people are overreacting. He’s a very good young corner & the Rams just got better. Be honest, if the Pats got Peters, most of you would be pretty ecstatic.

I wouldn't. I would be concerned. I'd also want it to be a for a late rd pick.

Curious to see how we replace butler. Will Rowe be our second corner outside opposite Gilmore?

Curious to see how we replace butler. Will Rowe be our second corner outside opposite Gilmore?

I think what people do't get with this is BB wants to be able to be covered both with match ups in man and skill sets.

If a team has 2 tallish WRs, yes, Rowe would be out there. For years and years, BB was so concerned about quick twitch slot WRs and YAC issues for the D with all the rules favoring offenses, he all but ignored the size factor.

In recent years, mainly the last 2 when he traded for Rowe, or even when he traded for Talib in 2012, he's been really looking to make sure he has that base covered.

A guy they could go after who might be cheap, at least for a camp invite and to compete in and out of the slot with Jon Jones, is Nicell Robey-Coleman, ironically cut by the Rams.

But, BB knows the guy from his time in Buffalo. I would be good with that and a higher draft pick CB with some size, speed, etc.

A guy they could go after who might be cheap, at least for a camp invite and to compete in and out of the slot with Jon Jones, is Nicell Robey-Coleman, ironically cut by the Rams.

But, BB knows the guy from his time in Buffalo. I would be good with that and a higher draft pick CB with some size, speed, etc.

Idk man, you sure you want to take a flyer on a former ram? I hear they’re pretty immature.

Idk man, you sure you want to take a flyer on a former ram? I hear they’re pretty immature.

He started in Buffalo and didn't fit in apparently in LA.

If you don't think BB looks for leaders, football IQ and yes, maturity, to gauge coachability, then I can't help you.

The reason why I like this option is he's essentially a Butler body build, would come far cheaper, and has played in Rex's D, so he knows some 3-4 concepts, which is not vital for a CB, but mixing back from zone to man, certainly is.

No, it's not. It was in 2016. A lot of those players are still there. Les Snead is a moron. He fleeced the Skins in the RG3 deal and then completely botched the picks. That team is loaded with dumb, primadonna types. They're ahtletic and fast, but that only gets you so far.

Teams either get how to build a team or they don't.

How am I "making all that up" if it was shown by HBO on my tv screen? Do you ever make sense or are you just enjoying trying to be cute with nothing ever to say on any thread here?

Their best players are Donald and Ogletree, two of the best, but past that, they have a lot of selfish type me players.

"reality TV" is not the same as "real life". show producers can and do edit scenes to push certain storylines or to make certain situations more dramatic, funny, confrontational, etc. because that drives ratings.

for example, the Amazon Prime series All or Nothing picked up where Hard Knocks left off in training camp, following the 2016 rams during the regular season. i remember thinking that jared goff seemed like a bit of a laid-back, somewhat clueless goofball in Hard Knocks (e.g., that scene where QB coach chris weinke is making fun of goff for not knowing from which direction the sun rose).

in All or Nothing, they focused less on the personal life of goff and basically showed him working hard and being a good teammate.

the exact same team, but two different portrayals based on what the producers wanted to emphasize.

He started in Buffalo and didn't fit in apparently in LA.

If you don't think BB looks for leaders, football IQ and yes, maturity, to gauge coachability, then I can't help you.

The reason why I like this option is he's essentially a Butler body build, would come far cheaper, and has played in Rex's D, so he knows some 3-4 concepts, which is not vital for a CB, but mixing back from zone to man, certainly is.

If you can’t tell that I was making fun of your past comments in this thread then I can’t help you.

"reality TV" is not the same as "real life". show producers can and do edit scenes to push certain storylines or to make certain situations more dramatic, funny, confrontational, etc. because that drives ratings.

for example, the Amazon Prime series All or Nothing picked up where Hard Knocks left off in training camp, following the 2016 rams during the regular season. i remember thinking that jared goff seemed like a bit of a laid-back, somewhat clueless goofball in Hard Knocks (e.g., that scene where QB coach chris weinke is making fun of goff for not knowing from which direction the sun rose).

in All or Nothing, they focused less on the personal life of goff and basically showed him working hard and being a good teammate.

the exact same team, but two different portrayals based on what the producers wanted to emphasize.

Actually, because of that scene, even if Goff won three titles I will still always immediately associate him with not knowing what direction the sun rises in.

Wow. So, Joyner having a mental breakdown in camp and having a quiet little temper tantrum by himself a high maintenance primadonna, was staged, huh?

Like I said, WOW.

Hard Knocks is a real as it gets. These Millennial, entitled primadonnas don't need any prodding to act the way they do and they love that camera.

Hawt-take: Reid and BB are both to the point of their careers where they're OK with dumping players (in this case CBs) they don't like...

Oh my IQ. Lol your the one talking about a teams immaturity based on hard knocks 2 years ago. I’m sorry me questioning your stance that we should take your word as fact struck a nerve lol.

Wow. So, Joyner having a mental breakdown in camp and having a quiet little temper tantrum by himself a high maintenance primadonna, was staged, huh?

Like I said, WOW.

Hard Knocks is a real as it gets. These Millennial, entitled primadonnas don't need any prodding to act the way they do and they love that camera.
where did i say anything about staging scenes?

a team could be 95% hard work/no-nonsense and 5% drama, and if the producers only show the 5%, then viewers will think that team is dysfunctional. on the other hand, a team could be 60%/40%, but if the producers only show the 60%, then viewers will think that team is a paragon of stability.

i'm not making any particular claim about the rams either way. my point is that you can't trust reality TV to give you the whole picture of what's going on with a team.

a team could be 95% hard work/no-nonsense and 5% drama, and if the producers only show the 5%, then viewers will think that team is dysfunctional. on the other hand, a team could be 60%/40%, but if the producers only show the 60%, then viewers will think that team is a paragon of stability.

i'm not making any particular claim about the rams either way. my point is that you can't trust reality TV to give you the whole picture of what's going on with a team.

Why look at the improvement in team record and a coaching change when we have hard knocks?

Hard Knocks is as real as it ****ing gets, people.

Oh my IQ. Lol your the one talking about a teams immaturity based on hard knocks 2 years ago. I’m sorry me questioning your stance that we should take your word as fact struck a nerve lol.

3VLPrM5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back