PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs Trade Marcus Peters to the Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect fit. That team is really ****y and immature along with their coach. They have been really into enabling that kind of thing there in recent years, which showed up on Hard Knocks a couple years back.

Easley fits there well, too.

Lots of talent, but poor leadership and maturity out there right now.

Wonder that the rams gave up? A first would seem steep.

Anyone know what they have potnieally given up to get this? Looks like Johnson is on his way out for definite.

Chiefs fans hate this trade, Rams fans are ambivalent. Nobody wins?

Perfect fit. That team is really ****y and immature along with their coach. They have been really into enabling that kind of thing there in recent years, which showed up on Hard Knocks a couple years back.

Don’t know what’s going on inside the locker room but from the outside I’d say leadership has gotten better since they fired fisher and brought in Mcvay and Phillips.

Anyone know what they have potnieally given up to get this? Looks like Johnson is on his way out for definite.

A "package of picks." Since the Rams lack a 2nd round pick, I'm guessing this means a 1st was too much so they're doing a 3rd and more.

Don’t know what’s going on inside the locker room but from the outside I’d say leadership has gotten better since they fired fisher and brought in Mcvay and Phillips.

Yeah you're 100% right, not sure if he still thinks it's 2016 or what.

Wonder that the rams gave up? A first would seem steep.

Why would you give a 1st rd pick up to a malcontent, when you can just draft a CB in RD 1 under a rookie cap?

This is the same problem Butler ran into last year when meeting with NOs. He apparently didn't grasp as an RFA, his leverage was basically zero because of the NFL rookie cap. NOs then drafted Lattimore and he won def rookie of the year, which means NOs, kept their 2nd or 3rd rd pick BB was likely asking for, and they saved about 5-6 mil in cap space.

This Peters kid is trouble and then he'll probably play pretty well, only to start demanding 12 mil per year.

Why would you give a 1st rd pick up to a malcontent, when you can just draft a CB in RD 1 under a rookie cap?

This is the same problem Butler ran into last year when meeting with NOs. He apparently didn't grasp as an RFA, his leverage was basically zero because of the NFL rookie cap. NOs then drafted Lattimore and he won def rookie of the year, which means NOs, kept their 2nd or 3rd rd pick BB was likely asking for, and they saved about 5-6 mil in cap space.

This Peters kid is trouble and then he'll probably play pretty well, only to start demanding 12 mil per year.

Wow his arrest record must be staggering. How many confirmed kills?

Don't be fooled. The honeymoon is over in LA. Just watch. They'll probably take a step back this year.

So many teams appear to be the next trendy media darling team, and then fall back in the dust because they have an immature coach and bad leadership.

Once they start reading the press clippings, that's it.

Look at Arizona in 2016. We can name examples like this every year.

You are making all that up and are just looking for things to hate about other teams, as usual.

That Hard Knocks series on the Rams was a lifetime ago in football terms.

You are making all that up and are just looking for things to hate about other teams, as usual.

That Hard Knocks series on the Rams was a lifetime ago in football terms.

No, it's not. It was in 2016. A lot of those players are still there. Les Snead is a moron. He fleeced the Skins in the RG3 deal and then completely botched the picks. That team is loaded with dumb, primadonna types. They're ahtletic and fast, but that only gets you so far.

Teams either get how to build a team or they don't.

How am I "making all that up" if it was shown by HBO on my tv screen? Do you ever make sense or are you just enjoying trying to be cute with nothing ever to say on any thread here?

Their best players are Donald and Ogletree, two of the best, but past that, they have a lot of selfish type me players.

Which is why i said a first would be too steep.

If peters plays his ass off this year he most certainly should ask for 12 per. This will be the biggest deal of his career, I’d try to cash in too. And teams will pay for production and deal with the off the field issues as long as he shows up on Sunday.

Yeah, he’s a bit immature. However, most people are overreacting. He’s a very good young corner & the Rams just got better. Be honest, if the Pats got Peters, most of you would be pretty ecstatic.

No, it's not. It was in 2016. A lot of those players are still there. Les Snead is a moron. He fleeced the Skins in the RG3 deal and then completely botched the picks. That team is loaded with dumb, primadonna types. They're ahtletic and fast, but that only gets you so far.

How am I "making all that up" if it was shown by HBO on my tv screen? Do you ever make sense or are you just enjoying trying to be cute with nothing ever to say on any thread here?

Their best players are Donald and Ogletree, two of the best, but past that, they have a lot of selfish type me players.

Like I said I’m not in that locker room, (and your not either). Your throwing a dart on the wall claiming this as fact in 2018 with 2016 as your evidence. They have a lot of the same players but that doesn’t mean the team as a whole can’t grow up.

2016 was before they changed coaches, before Goff became good (or at least above average), and before the team took the next step. They were very good last year and sometimes great. By all accounts their whole culture changed since the new coaching staff came on. So yes, August of 2016 was a lifetime ago. My guess is any team on Hard Knocks will look like it includes "primadonnas". My advice to you is not to judge a team by what you see on HBO (lol).

Don't know how you can list their two best players and not say the word "Gurley". But you seem to be a football expert (at least you are always talking about how you are) so maybe you just know better than all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes