PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Chiefs @ Broncos game thread - (Updated) Reaction to Mahomes' Injury

We are all Donks fans tonite. Ugh. I am Andy Reided out. Donks always play this team tough.

Initially reported as a high ankle sprain, so no, doesn’t surprise me at all. What surprises me is the media’s gullibility when Mahomes says he’s “feeling fine” despite having a high ankle sprain.
did Ian send the picks thing for this week? I don't remember picking this week

(Not being combative here) But how do you figure they win? Will it be a shootout and they just outscore the Broncos? Will the Broncos turn it over a bunch? Or do you think somehow in 3 days they managed to fix their run defense?

I think the Donkeys keep the status quo and run it down their throat, keeping a gimpy Mahomes on the sideline. No Watkins, Fischer or Wylie on Offense. No Fuller or Chris Jones on defense and their 3rd CB is questionable.

This could actually get really ugly really fast for KC if they don't win tonight. I don't want to call it a "must win" for them. But if they lose the Next couple of weeks will be must wins they have GB and Minnesota coming in.

Those players will be returning. So their defense will get better. Having Watkins back is a game changer too.

Those players will be returning. So their defense will get better. Having Watkins back is a game changer too.

Thanks Chiefstastic. Let us know when you get your FatHead of Patrick Mahomes to put in your room along with your other Chiefs toys.

We'll get to see Duke Dawson in action, hope he gets a pick-6.

Well better is a relative term. They will be better when they return than they will be tonight. But that is still garbage, it just the dumpster won't be on fire.

Picked the chiefs to win but I’m praying for a broncos win. I can’t stand Kelce. They need to punch him in the mouth tonight.

What, no interesting team names for the thread title? :(

I would love to pick Donkeys so I'm not rooting against my own pick, but don't trust Flacco to put up enough points even if Denver's D holds KC down.

I think the donkeys have a good chance tonight. I’m curious to see if the chiefs will keep passing, passing, passing. They hardly run the ball. That’s a recipe for disaster. Have to be balance.

the ankle is a mess.

My buddy in Denver texted me his guys think they are going to take it. I think they are over confident but it is true that the ankle is worse than they are saying.

(Not being combative here) But how do you figure they win? Will it be a shootout and they just outscore the Broncos? Will the Broncos turn it over a bunch? Or do you think somehow in 3 days they managed to fix their run defense?

I think the Donkeys keep the status quo and run it down their throat, keeping a gimpy Mahomes on the sideline. No Watkins, Fischer or Wylie on Offense. No Fuller or Chris Jones on defense and their 3rd CB is questionable.

This could actually get really ugly really fast for KC if they don't win tonight. I don't want to call it a "must win" for them. But if they lose the Next couple of weeks will be must wins they have GB and Minnesota coming in.
I think the chiefs win because they don’t have flacco.

Tonight we are all Broncos.
On the other hand if they win they will never ever trade Sanders.
unless Sanders intentionally drop a bunch of passes and gets released

Did Ian send the pic thing out for this week? I don't remember picking the games for this week
Don't know. I opted out of it.

Can denver run the ball? Kc run d has been garbage.

For me it all depends on Mahomes ankle, he cannot carry them to a win here if its still considerably inhibiting his movement.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back