PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charlie Weis on Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weis looked like you asked him if his dog was going to run for congress when they suggested the patriots would get rid of Brady.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice videos. In the end Whitlock admitted Charlie knows more about the Pats.

They believe him.

Bayless's sin in this interview is his insistence that Belichick's ego is going to cause him to want to prove that he can win a SB without Brady, and thus accelerate Brady's demise in New England. That's just clickbait BS.

Its such a ridiculous narrative. Bayless is reaching big-time here. Goodness.

There is no doubt BB has an ego (everyone at that level does) but what makes BB special is he doesn't allow his ego to get in the way of football decisions.

As long as a player helps him win, works hard, is a good teammate and fits into that dreaded cost-to-value-to-cap formula then he could care less what havoc his ego wants to cause.

Its such a ridiculous narrative. Bayless is reaching big-time here. Goodness.

There is no doubt BB has an ego (everyone at that level does) but what makes BB special is he doesn't allow his ego to get in the way of football decisions.

As long as a player helps him win, works hard, is a good teammate and fits into that dreaded cost-to-value-to-cap formula then he could care less what havoc his ego wants to cause.

Winning a Super Bowl feeds that ego plenty. Brady telling the media that he is a product of Belichick's tutelage doesn't hurt either.

Winning a Super Bowl feeds that ego plenty. Brady telling the media that he is a product of Belichick's tutelage doesn't hurt either.
Yep and Tom has always acknowledged BB as instrumental in his development and success.

Even if Brady fell apart tomorrow, I'd be inclined to keep him on the sidelines Steve Grogan style for the balance of his contract just for all the football knowledge in that man's head. Just having that guy with that much sheer football knowledge on the team has an asset value all its own.
How much was Grogan getting paid then? There are easier ways to do that than keeping his salary on the sidelines.

Brady has probably the highest football IQ of any QB that ever played and certainly the highest of todays QBs. I believe his smarts are the one thing that he has to overcome the fact that he is not that athletic. He often knows whats going to happen way before the snap and can put himself in a situation to succeed.

Most of the great QB's are not as athletic as the other positional players, especially the skill position players. But yeah, what makes him GOAT are:

Football IQ
Leadership qualities
Work and dedication
Competitive nature
Character and ethics
Diet and health
Respect for all coaches, players, staff
Pinpoint accuracy
Clutch in the biggest games (drove the team to victory in all 7 super bowls)
Composure

How much was Grogan getting paid then? There are easier ways to do that than keeping his salary on the sidelines.

I bet he made around $500k a year in the 80s

Tom is the greatest no doubt.
If he plays like a monster say til 46 47 his TB 12 supps will sell a ton.

In all the Tommy Boy talk the point Charlie made about having fun winning and that BB has 2 of his sons coaching on the D should make folks realize that BB ain't walking' away if the Pats repeat as SB Champions.

Who was the defensive coordinator for the Patriots in 2000?

I find it hilarious when media asks "Will BB get rid of TB12? Why would anybody even speculate about a player who is playing at the highest level of his career and winning two super bowls in 3 years? Now, I can understand that line of questioning if the team went 8-8 and missed playoffs - but seems like these days sportscasters both locally and nationally make a living off "BB is heartless and will cut Brady in a minute". Maybe, he will. But not today. Goroppolo and Brisett may be gone before Brady ever sits on the bench.

I find it hilarious when media asks "Will BB get rid of TB12? Why would anybody even speculate about a player who is playing at the highest level of his career and winning two super bowls in 3 years? Now, I can understand that line of questioning if the team went 8-8 and missed playoffs - but seems like these days sportscasters both locally and nationally make a living off "BB is heartless and will cut Brady in a minute". Maybe, he will. But not today. Goroppolo and Brisett may be gone before Brady ever sits on the bench.

You obviously don't read here much or have the many long JAG The Franchise QB threads on Ignore Thread.
There's a mentality of folks here who want Brady traded even if he goes 19-0.

Cant help but wonder why Charlie is making the rounds on these shows right now.

As of 1990 he was making 520k.
Nice guess but he probably made a lot less than that at the start of the 80s

$1 Million Salary For A Qb No Big Deal

Oh yea. I bet he made a lot less than the 520k back in the early 80s.

Only reason I thought 500k was reasonable was I remember after the 86 season Eason was without a contract and because he had a pretty good year he was paid $1m for 1987 season so I guessed Grogs was being paid 1/2 that. I remember Bob Lobel saying to Jack and Liz Eason was worth it. Goodness

Cant help but wonder why Charlie is making the rounds on these shows right now.

Typically they make the rounds in order to get their profile up as they are looking for a job. Since Charlie is 61 and was paid around $65m for ND and Kansas and was paid well at KC and U of F I can't imagine he needs the money or wants to work and should spend his time on a friggan treadmill or at Jenny Craig.

Heretical to praise Bisquick in this forum. Its JAG the Franchise QB 24/7
P6XduSJ.gif

Typically they make the rounds in order to get their profile up as they are looking for a job. Since Charlie is 61 and was paid around $65m for ND and Kansas and was paid well at KC and U of F I can't imagine he needs the money or wants to work and should spend his time on a friggan treadmill or at Jenny Craig.
Exactly what I was thinking. Broadcasting? Coaching? He doesn't need the money and if he wanted to coach in the NFL again I'm sure He could get a job pretty easily.

Exactly what I was thinking. Broadcasting? Coaching? He doesn't need the money and if he wanted to coach in the NFL again I'm sure He could get a job pretty easily.

It would have not suprised me at all if he landed here for a year as OC to mentor a up and coming coach if both Josh and Daboll bolted.

It'll be interesting to see who the let serve as 2nd string OC in the last preseason game. I assume it'll be O'Shea but Schuplinski has that John Carroll thing going and did a nice job with Jimmy and Brisket getting them ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes