PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charlie Weis on Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I know:
I've watched Russell, Orr,Yaz,Bird, Truth, Pedro and Big Papi and was a thrill to see all of these all-time great players help my favorite teams win titles.
But I have never dreaded the retirement of ANY of them as much as I do with Brady.
Let's face it: it's going to suck.
I'm a Pats fan since 1960, so you know I'm about the laundry, not the player.
But it will flat-out SUCK when the GOAT retires.
Those here who are so quick to see him go- you better relish and savor every second he plays-because you will NEVER see his like again. And I'm not just talking about Patriots,but the entire league.
If you love the game,especially when played at the highest level,then enjoy TB12 while you can. This is Michael Jordan we' re talkin about. Muhammed Ali. But he's OURS. Some of the casual disrespect shown here to maybe the greatest NFL player of all time,certainly the greatest qb,is mind-boggling to me.
I've stayed out of the discussion,but it really does blow my mind.
Not only the GOAT, but a total class act. Humble. Kind. Family Man.
SMH in disgust

It would have not suprised me at all if he landed here for a year as OC to mentor a up and coming coach if both Josh and Daboll bolted.

It'll be interesting to see who the let serve as 2nd string OC in the last preseason game. I assume it'll be O'Shea but Schuplinski has that John Carroll thing going and did a nice job with Jimmy and Brisket getting them ready.

Agree, I wouldn't be surprised to see him land here if he's indeed interested but why would he go on the talk show circuit if he wanted to be a patriot again?. I'd think he would lay low go back channel if that were the goal.

11 minutes with Bayless and Sharpe. Very good stuff.

Video doesn't work for me, said the user has been terminated..

Any updated link available?

UPDATE: Nevermind, found it.. this video and then there are 2 after it with Weis

Last edited:
Video doesn't work for me, said the user has been terminated..

Any updated link available?
Yeah me too. But here's what you do: go to YouTube and just type in "charlie weis interview with Bayless and Sharpe"and it pops right up. Worth a few minutes to watch. I learned one thing I didn't know- pay attention when he talks about Brady's rookie year and what he did after practice- ive never heard of any player in NFL history doing that- but not surprising.

Here's what I know:
I've watched Russell, Orr,Yaz,Bird, Truth, Pedro and Big Papi and was a thrill to see all of these all-time great players help my favorite teams win titles.
But I have never dreaded the retirement of ANY of them as much as I do with Brady.
Let's face it: it's going to suck.
I'm a Pats fan since 1960, so you know I'm about the laundry, not the player.
But it will flat-out SUCK when the GOAT retires.
Those here who are so quick to see him go- you better relish and savor every second he plays-because you will NEVER see his like again. And I'm not just talking about Patriots,but the entire league.
If you love the game,especially when played at the highest level,then enjoy TB12 while you can. This is Michael Jordan we' re talkin about. Muhammed Ali. But he's OURS. Some of the casual disrespect shown here to maybe the greatest NFL player of all time,certainly the greatest qb,is mind-boggling to me.
I've stayed out of the discussion,but it really does blow my mind.
Not only the GOAT, but a total class act. Humble. Kind. Family Man.
SMH in disgust
Could not agree more. I actually have been ignoring the threads from posters talking like Brady is as replaceable as the next guy and needing to be jettisoned the moment he starts looking down hill.

The dude is by far and away the most irreplaceable patriot ever.

And being a fan since the 70's, I feel a lot of those posters have no idea what the pre Brady era was like.

There will never be another like him (to echo your sentiments)

This was more than 12 years ago. Weis last coached Brady in 2004. Imagine how Brady's football knowledge is now!

I keep going back to the interview Belichick gave earlier this year when asked what made Brady special and Belichick said that Brady's best ability is to keep us away from the bad play. His ability to read defenses and avoid the low percentage play. That makes moving chains that much easier, as you are stringing sequence of good plays together to have a drive.

Brady's football IQ must be insane.

It is, and he knows it!

Tom Brady: 'I Have The Answers to The Test Now' | The MMQB with Peter King

Brady knows his football IQ is insane and 'knowing the answers to the test' is part of what he enjoys about playing the game, and what keeps him wanting to play till his mid 40s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes