PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charlie Weis on Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched it earlier today. The guy really believes Brady can last 5 more years. I expected Skip to laugh, but he didn't. Its petty, but I want Brady to make Skip eat his words!

"with Bayless and Sharpe. Very good stuff."

I suppose there is a first time for everything.

Or perhaps it is a sign of the impending zombie apocalypse.

I watched it earlier today. The guy really believes Brady can last 5 more years. I expected Skip to laugh, but he didn't. Its petty, but I want Brady to make Skip eat his words!

What did Skip say? He has always been an adamant Brady guy.

All of these shows are based on this famous SNL skit.. it worked then and it works now, unfortunately today they do not realize it was a classic comedy sketch..

Charlie is not a very good advertisement for stomach stapling and all the serious medical stuff he encountered while recovering.. too bad, he looks "big"...

All of these shows are based on this famous SNL skit.. it worked then and it works now, unfortunately today they do not realize it was a classic comedy sketch..

Charlie is not a very good advertisement for stomach stapling and all the serious medical stuff he encountered while recovering.. too bad, he looks "big"...

Charlie was on BST in late April around draft day. He was incredibly interesting and insightful. He also looked like hell physically. Honestly, he nearly looked like he was minutes from a coronary or a stroke.

This vid is also very good. Especially when Charlie owned Whitlock at the start with the "On what evidence?"-question :)

For me the best part was the discussion about Brady's Football IQ which is apparently off the charts. Weis mentioned how Brady would come off the field and I'd ask him "why didn't you make so-and-so throw", and he'd say, "because they were in Cover 5" and I'd say "no they weren't" and Brady would say "yes they were, they were in disguise and it hadn't developed yet because the play ended" and next day we'd breakdown the film and see that he was right etc. Weis also said that Brady would really keep you on your toes because he'd correct you if you were wrong in meetings and he would keep you honest since Brady had so much knowledge, you had to keep up with him.

This was more than 12 years ago. Weis last coached Brady in 2004. Imagine how Brady's football knowledge is now!

I keep going back to the interview Belichick gave earlier this year when asked what made Brady special and Belichick said that Brady's best ability is to keep us away from the bad play. His ability to read defenses and avoid the low percentage play. That makes moving chains that much easier, as you are stringing sequence of good plays together to have a drive.

Brady's football IQ must be insane.

Even if Brady fell apart tomorrow, I'd be inclined to keep him on the sidelines Steve Grogan style for the balance of his contract just for all the football knowledge in that man's head. Just having that guy with that much sheer football knowledge on the team has an asset value all its own.

Bayless's sin in this interview is his insistence that Belichick's ego is going to cause him to want to prove that he can win a SB without Brady, and thus accelerate Brady's demise in New England. That's just clickbait BS.

Yeah that's nonsense. If belichick cuts Brady it will be because belichick honestly feels he can no longer count on him, for whatever reason

For me the best part was the discussion about Brady's Football IQ which is apparently off the charts. Weis mentioned how Brady would come off the field and I'd ask him "why didn't you make so-and-so throw", and he'd say, "because they were in Cover 5" and I'd say "no they weren't" and Brady would say "yes they were, they were in disguise and it hadn't developed yet because the play ended" and next day we'd breakdown the film and see that he was right etc. Weis also said that Brady would really keep you on your toes because he'd correct you if you were wrong in meetings and he would keep you honest since Brady had so much knowledge, you had to keep up with him.

This was more than 12 years ago. Weis last coached Brady in 2004. Imagine how Brady's football knowledge is now!

I keep going back to the interview Belichick gave earlier this year when asked what made Brady special and Belichick said that Brady's best ability is to keep us away from the bad play. His ability to read defenses and avoid the low percentage play. That makes moving chains that much easier, as you are stringing sequence of good plays together to have a drive.

Brady's football IQ must be insane.
Brady has probably the highest football IQ of any QB that ever played and certainly the highest of todays QBs. I believe his smarts are the one thing that he has to overcome the fact that he is not that athletic. He often knows whats going to happen way before the snap and can put himself in a situation to succeed.

RE Brady's football IQ, that is the part that I enjoyed the most from this interview, and that they let Weis talk after asking a question.

I find it funny that the Rogers is the best QB folks talk about his physical ability when Brady's Mind makes him the best QB in the history of the game.

If you gave Rogers Brady's football IQ, leadership skills and heart, it would really be something.

I also liked the part where Charlie talked about Brady going through the entire practice 'meticulously' with the other scrubs to get reps AFTER the practice had ended!

Great stuff from Weis. He also mentioned Jacoby as a factor going forward. He had Brissett at Florida when he was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back