PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Johnson Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the wrong game if you are hoping for chad to have a break-out performance. I don't see him getting open against either revis or cromatie even in his prime

This is the wrong game if you are hoping for chad to have a break-out performance. I don't see him getting open against either revis or cromatie even in his prime

Excellent point

I have 1st dibs on posting the standing "Is This Ocho's Breakout Week?" thread next Thursday

This is the week that the speedy receiver with the tender hamstring catches one for 40+ and a TD.

Um, yeah. Good luck with that.

Regards,
Chris

I am sick of these damned threads coming every week...Every week since week 2 was going to be Chad's breakout week.

Merge these horrible threads, mods!!!!

He'll break out of Foxboro before he breaks out as a WR.

well, hopefully he can build on last weeks game where he got open and was targeted regularly and he/brady can connect on a few passes. Brady wasnt the most accurate last sunday...so im cautiously optimistic.

In pools all over New England children yelled out this summer "OCHO" but the reply of "CINCO" was never heard. "Are you even stilll in the pool?"

He must have been covered, even his mouth.

Same thread, different last name. Hopefully it works.

I predict Ocho will suck and tweet something stupid afterwards.
Also the sky will continue to be blue.

i predict that it will doubtless be his best game:

2 catches (on 6 targets) for 27 yards and 0 tds. :cool:

Also the sky will continue to be blue.

Wish the sky was blue here, been a horrible grey for over a week now :mad:

Back on topic....he will come good at some point, there is no way Brady keeps missing him all season long, hopefully soon but in time for the playoffs will do.

Ocho has been looking for that elusive 3-catch game as a Patriot. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Tedy Bruschi said as much in his latest podcast that this is a kind of game where Ochocinco being productive can help us.

This is a copycat league, and the Jets saw how the Cowboys, steelers, Giants limited our offense by clogging the middle with linebackers and playing our receivers in tight man coverage.

Deion Branch tends to have trouble in breaking man coverage and getting separation and operates in the middle of the field mostly...with him shut down, brady is limited to Welker, Gronk and Hernandez as his main targets

Ochocinco seemed to be getting open against his man often against the Giants so thats promising..hopefully he/brady can start connecting on those passes when he is open

Now, I think its far more important for our Running backs to have a big day in order to beat the Jets....but like Tedy said, they want/need Ocho to produce to execute this offense the way they want. because he can bring corners/safeties to the outside which opens up the middle lanes where our TE's, welker,branch like to operate

Any reason why? Or are you just making a blind guess and thinking it's thread-worthy?

On the constructive side, I think he COULD be the one to get the Pats O out of the gutter. Defenses have been pressing our recievers resulting in the our miserable passing game. If I'm not mistaken, Chad has been known to be very good at beating press coverage.

That said, your "prediction" is an unreasonable longshot. I would hold more hope that Cannon starts paving the way for Vereen.

If ever there was a day for 260 yards or 3 TDs (career highs) in a game for Ocho, this is it.

I'd be prepared to wash away the sins of the first 9 weeks of the season Chad (just so you know).

Last edited:
It's Chad Johnson time alright.....

Its about time we sent this worthless piece of trash out of Foxboro and put Price on the field.....6M loss or not,he is a bum

If Price can't get 136 yards in receiving in 8 games then we need to cut his ass too.

It's time for him to start kicking field goals instead of Gostkowski. That missed FG last week was unbelievable. Chad's kicked an extra point in the preseason and Wes I think once kicked a FG + extra point for Miami. Both of them would've made that kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes